2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Believe me Ziggy, sometimes it feels like I do.

Tulosai--thank you for having a sense of reality.

And a million thanks for the stream links.

Oh my god thank you so much for making me realise that is starts NOW!

I got confused with the time difference and thought it started in 3 hours.

For some people $12 is a lot of money, especially when they know they can watch all the skaters for free on youtube if they wait a few hours at no less than moderate quality. It depends a lot on subjective factors (how much you like figure skating, if you were going to be able to watch live anyway) and objective factors (how much you make, cost of living in your area, if you have kids, how much you typically spend/are prepared to spend on non essential spending).

I can definitely understand why a stream would appeal to some people.

That is all definitely true. I guess what always surprises me is that there are a lot of people who put all the effort required in finding a skating forum and reading/posting on it but only watch it casually. That's what I struggle to understand.

snsd

On the Ice
The ISU live stream for people outside of the majors countries with TV coverage is working really good! HD and no video lag or skipping!

And FREE!

Go Chinese, German and Canadian Teams!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL)

Music: Chopin by Edvin Marton

2Tw
2FTh
2A - unison a bit off
CCoSp
Li
BoDs
StSq

They'r quite slow, and the difficulty is not there.

Thanks for the link, by the way!

SP: 18.59 + 16.85 = 35.44 (SB)
In 1st (out of 1)

Pretty safe bet that K/C and Makarova/Kenchadze will be the ones not to qualify.

This was the best K/C skated in ages though.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
That is all definitely true. I guess what always surprises me is that there are a lot of people who put all the effort required in finding a skating forum and reading/posting on it but only watch it casually. That's what I struggle to understand.

Almost always there is a free stream to watch a competition. And when there is none, some of us have Eurosport (or in my case, a national tv program which almost always has good live coverage of Europeans, Worlds, 4CC and Olympics). Plus, there are always the youtube videos to watch later. So we who can not afford to pay for a stream don't necessarily watch figure skating casually.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
Their coach is shouting too loud when they spin. Doesn't he think it speaks not for the favour of skaters? I think it surely tells that they can't manage spins without the help from "outside".

Ziggy is right on $12. It's just reaaly funny how people not from Vietnam or China defend the status of "big money" of 12$ pay. Never mind. Their problem afterall.

Icey

Record Breaker
A well known financial advisors has said that once you start thinking that something like five dollars is nothing you have lost a necessary respect for money.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Amazing, I can get the ISU channel that's geoblocked in the U.S. even though I'm in the U.S. Virgin Islands.

paircheck

Final Flight
ooohhh our "westen-sp-pair" from last year..

3T totally off

was this a stepsequenz?? or what???