2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR / Maxim TRANKOV (RUS)

Music: Love Theme from "The Godfather" by Nino Rota

3Tw - high!
3S - out of SE, she is very tilted, lands twofooted
3LoTh - big
BoDs
Li
StSq
FCCoSp - unison good

Very strong skate. Solid on the elements. Will prob take the lead.

SP: 39.70 + 26.14 = 75.84 (PB)
In 1st (out of 18)

icebeauty

On the Ice
i have no idea how she landed that 3S...she didn't get much height nor was she anywhere near vertical...but i guess that's why she's the best female pairs skater int eh world...

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Jesus, the PCS V/T are getting. That's D/W, V/M level.
Ok, mail them the Olympic gold now.

Was V that good? Suddenly her SS is 9+?
Was T that good? Suddnely his SS is 9+?

This non-sport is infuriating. What a joke! This is pure evil. What's the point of competition when one's cheated all the way to the top

let`s talk

Match Penalty
V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more, or less or the clownish showcases.

tulosai

Record Breaker
V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more or less or the clownish showcase.

I think that, actually what happened is they actually tried and succeeded in takeing off at the same time on the SBS jumps like we've all longed for all these years. Too bad it did not work out this time.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
V/T had their strongest skate this season) And their mark could be higher if not that 3s:eek: feels good:cool:

So other than the huge mistake on the SBS does anyone else think this is the best they've seen B/L skate too? I felt like they were actually connecting with the music for once.

Yes. Good elements, very strong choreography. They improved a lot.

Scoring aside: Duhamel/Radford were strong technically, but I found the choreography and overall "presentation" very poor.

D/R had one of the most complex and unusual element layouts seen in the history of skating. The program had a lot of transitions and whilst their postures and lines could be stronger (especially hers), they showed a lot of power, attack and expression throughout.

Maybe. She is also the ugliest-looking pair skater now and such not esthetic hopping doesn't add any beauty.

You are being a really nasty bully now. Please stop.

that was a joke right ?

No.

Yep, it's a done deal now. Whatever V/T show, they will be showered with 9s.

I bet that :slink: 3salchow got +2s as well. :p

Mirunna

Record Breaker
S/S in third, the PCS gap between them and the Russians is getting bigger :slink:
I don't see Megan/Eric in second place, their LP is not as strong as their SP but we are in Canada, so who knows. Technically their program was amazing, I have no problems there. I just don't think they look good on the ice as a pair.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
SO, if standings should stay the same after LP, the olympics spots will be:

RUS = 3
CAN = 3
GER = 2
CHN = 2
FRA = 2
ITA = 2
USA = 2

16 spots. Kemp/King would have to go To Nebelhorn next year.

icebeauty

On the Ice

whether they actually deserve PCS that high is one thing...but compared to all the other pairs, they are pretty much the only team that keeps my attention for the duration all their programs. they skate with so much more intensity, confidence expression that any other team...they just attack the elements and there's no hesitation and they don't try to do anything too abstract (cough S/S cough) and just skate their programs and they look comfortable on the ice...they really are distancing themselves for the rest of the world

if i were a judge, very few teams would crack the 7s on PCS, and then V/T would probably be in the 8s...

katia

On the Ice

All the rest were just either a set of elements more or less or the clownish showcase.
Right. Particularly M-T/M, right? So clownish, according to you?

let`s talk

Match Penalty

Was V that good? Suddenly her SS is 9+?
Was T that good? Suddnely his SS is 9+?

This non-sport is infuriating. What a joke! This is pure evil. What's the point of competition when one's cheated all the way to the top
Wrong thread. Men SP will start in a couple of hours.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Yep, it's a done deal now. Whatever V/T show, they will be showered with 9s.

I bet that :slink: 3salchow got +2s as well. :p

I can understand why D/W and V/M are getting 9+ for PCS. Their programs are always impressive, new, exciting. They skate with abandonment.
I don't understand V/T 9+. Their programs are so crappy. Nothing new, nothing nice, mostly nasty stuff smashed together. Tackiness doesn't deserve 9+. Good grief!