2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

lavender

Record Breaker
I wonder how hard is it to skate or how motivated you can be when you know that you are being pushed out somewhat (in general). I wonder how S/S feel:eek:hwell:

scs

Rinkside
The stadium looks almost full of people and it's just a SP! Nice to see it!

The London area is crazy for figure skating. I don't think the arena is as big as some venues that have hosted Worlds. If all seats are used (and I doubt they will be as some will be taken up by judging, and possibly others for media), Budweiser Gardens seats just over 9000.

KatEll

Rinkside
There are people who are ugly on the outside, and there are people who are ugly on the inside. I think I will choose the outside every time..

aftertherain

Record Breaker
The London area is crazy for figure skating. I don't think the arena is as big as some venues that have hosted Worlds. If all seats are used (and I doubt they will be as some will be taken up by judging, and possibly others for media), Budweiser Gardens seats just over 9000.

I'd rather see a smaller packed venue than a large scattered venue. It doesn't look as sad.

Duhamel is so adorbs. I only wish she had pinned her bangs back though.

let`s talk

Match Penalty
And look who is talking. :rolleye:
People are talking/bashing Korpi's beauty every time she gets PCS: "aahh, it's all because she is pretty!" They are attacking her appearence by that, in repetetive and nasty bully-ish way. Which means one thing possible- wheaher to talk or not about someone's look is based entirely on nationalistic biased- allowed about others and forbidden about Canadians. :slink: This double standard keeps amuzing me. :popcorn:

Hah, I'm not saying it as a Canadian. I'm saying it as somebody who would like to see teams that make errors be accountable for those errors in the marks and not held up by PCS.
If you had been saying the same thing when your zamboni countryman were pulled by PCS and gifted medals that he didn't deserve, then your statement would be worthy some trust.

But, for those that are complaining that V/T and S/S have a PCS "cushion" over other teams like D/R where part of the score is related to how things are skated, interpreted, choreographed, and performed (which V/T and S/S ARE better at, even if the concept of a program is MEH this season)

Those are different marks for different skills.

In terms of SS, yes V/T and S/S are better (nobody can touch S/S on this one). They have better posture and lines also and show more expression. So let's give it to them on PE as well, at least partly.

But D/R had the most complex choreography and transitions and skated to the music more or less and had a lot of transitions. So they should have marked very highly in those aspects.

People are talking/bashing Korpi's beauty every time she gets PCS: "aahh, it's all because she is pretty!" They are attacking her appearence by that, in repetetive and nasty bully-ish way.

Your lack of logic is quite astounding. Saying that Korpi gets high PCS is not attacking her appearance. It's attacking the judges for being mindless victims of the halo effect.

LisaS

On the Ice
People are talking/bashing Korpi's beauty every time she gets PCS: "aahh, it's all because she is pretty!" They are attacking her appearence by that, in repetetive and nasty bully-ish way. Which means one thing possible- wheaher to talk or not about someone's look is based entirely on nationalistic biased- allowed about others and forbidden about Canadians. :slink: This double standard keeps amuzing me. :popcorn:

If you had been saying the same thing when your zamboni countryman were pulled by PCS and gifted medals that he didn't deserve, then your statement would be worthy some trust.

Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.

colleen o'neill

Medalist
How good was this event? Last year, the best SP would've placed sixth here.

This was so thoroughly enjoyable..Off to a great start !

S/S did seem a little hesitant..hope that's resolved by the free.

B/L looked pretty crushed ... but their Free program is the best Spartacus program I've ever seen , so I hope to see it clean on Friday.

But how great for both M-T/M and D/R . There's no doubt they laid it down when it counted. I absolutely adore both those SPs, just wonderful choreography.

V/T have a couple of unlikeable programs for me . There's no denying their spectacular elements, or the quality of their skating, but they just don't thrill me the way I feel they could with better material. So I'm always somewhat disappointed.

ETA: Oh, just an annoying thing that's been bugging me all season... How often do you suppose both Tracy and PJ have seen D/R's SP ..yet still they keep announcing their music as being from the opera La Boheme ..:eek: Don't they pay any attention ?

chiocciola

On the Ice
I really enjoyed the SP. And I'm absolutely OK with the standings so far.
Both Canadian pairs were brilliant, such a joy!
KS - stunning! Sad they don't get higher points but I think it's a matter of inconsistency...
BL - losing their positions and they definetely need a good coach, they have technical issues and her hands look awful(((
SS - I stopped enjoying them a long time ago... boring... they are not enjoying themselves, they are just doing their job...that's not gonna lead them to Sochi's gold.
VT - I can't say brilliant, but solid. VERY confident! A deserved lead.

Honestly, I'd prefer final standings as
1) VT
2) DR
3) KS or MMT

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think Mt/M are off the podium barring complete disaster for S/S. Judges showed today they will hold the Germans up.

they will not let SS off the podium. They have held them up for years. I didn`t think V and T would pass them. But Ssquared will be held up for silver throughto theo lympics and could win gold. I do sense though they are like Pang And Tong - they kind of exist for OGM and that`s about it. they would have retired had they won OGM in 2010.

Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.

Obvious troll is obvious.

they will not let SS off the podium. They have held them up for years.

Held them up? They were 2nd in the SP at the 2010 Olympics and marked below S/Z and P/T on the PCS in the FS.

they often make errors and get held up. I have not found the magic in their skating too often.

The first sentence is a general statement that it's impossible to respond to and the second mentions something that isn't part of the marking criteria.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Wow some people just like conflict. It is just my humble opinion that 1. I have found S and S while with great skating skills really did not have a connection with each other like G and G. The just don`t have that je ne sais quoi. Second, I have often seem them make mistakes and not get marked down as much as I thought but that`s just me perhaps. third, they have had interesting concepts but they really just seem like a team trying to hold on to win OGM. they just don`t seem to have that freshness; that drive they once had.

Kinga

Medalist
That was a great event.

M-T/M won me over completely. I enjoyed their performance the most. Everything was top notch and performed effortlessly. The SBS were to die for!!!! Also the program itself is very original. I really want them to medal

I absolutely hate V/T routine (stylewise). Can anyone give them better programs??? Ditching Morosov would be a good way to start!

S/S.. Sigh.. The program was flat and uninspiring. They don't look like they enjoy themselves out there. And small glitches here and there should really count when the competition level is so high. Overscored to me.

Im happy that K/S put it together. It was nice to watch. But the mistake on the 3 twist is still there (although this one was sort of less 'crashy' than normally) and what's up with the spiral level 1 over and over again??

D/R - impressive technical elements and transitions. I still find her posture and lines very lacking, but... I guess that counts the least of all mistakes, especially when the program is quite engaging.
On the shallow note (even if we are not suppose to comment on skaters looks), Megan, please get rid of bangs...

My placements would be:
D/R
V/T tied with M-T/M
K/S barely ahead of:
S/S

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I really enjoyed the SP. And I'm absolutely OK with the standings so far.
Both Canadian pairs were brilliant, such a joy!
KS - stunning! Sad they don't get higher points but I think it's a matter of inconsistency...
BL - losing their positions and they definetely need a good coach, they have technical issues and her hands look awful(((
SS - I stopped enjoying them a long time ago... boring... they are not enjoying themselves, they are just doing their job...that's not gonna lead them to Sochi's gold.
VT - I can't say brilliant, but solid. VERY confident! A deserved lead.

Honestly, I'd prefer final standings as
1) VT
2) DR
3) KS or MMT

Well said.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker

I won't get into the nationalistic childish banter. But I do believe the COP system looks at more than TES so it is possible to score very high in pcs with mistakes sure that will affect interpretation and performance but it is still capable to score well. Even if clean a flat routine is a flat routine.