2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 10 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

gold12345

Medalist
That was the best K/S have looked in a while. It's too bad they've never gotten help on their triple twist (or maybe they have and it just hasn't worked).

M-T/M looked wonderful and the crowd being behind them like that just made the performance come alive even more. I know the crowd reaction isn't supposed to matter, but it was hard to not be affected by it. Great program

oh...:p it's just that S/S looked flat to me..elements, yeah, but this year's programs are killing them:slink: they can do better than this

I agree. S/S can do so much better than this. I mean compare that piece of crap with how beautiful and intricate "Send in the Clowns" was, for example. :/

Elements were ok and their basics are great but that program was just so flat. Lacked light and shade, lacked highlights, lacked character.

V/T are going to destroy them unless they bomb.

Icey

Record Breaker
:laugh:How can someone be yawning right before they are to skate for a world medal:laugh:

That was the best K/S have looked in a while. It's too bad they've never gotten help on their triple twist.

Smirnov has very short arms so probably there's not much that can be done about that.

Whilst still crashy, that triple twist was better than what we usually see from them.

katia

On the Ice
Of course that V/T destroy S/S. Russian federation is getting ready for Sochi. The judges are getting ready, too.

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Haven't watched pairs in quite some time. I'm very happy to see Pang at a healthy-looking weight. She was too thin years ago.

Of course that V/T destroy S/S. Russian federation is getting ready for Sochi. The judges are getting ready, too.

:laugh:

Well it's not really funny, it's actually very sad.

S/S's program was really flat but it's not like V/T have good programs either.

I feel like S/S are done now. Whatever they do, V/T will be showered with 9s and win.

Haven't watched pairs in quite some time. I'm very happy to see Pang at a healthy-looking weight. She was too thin years ago.

Bazarova on the other hand... :slink:

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Everyone has been skating great. I want all of them on final group.

Overall Impresions:
MTM : Best short program of the season. period.
S&S: Their speed is beyond impressive. Aliona is a goddess.
B&H: She needs more power in her skating. Elegant but they tend to get lost on the shuffle.
K&S: Kudos for finally delivering. I havent enjoyed them so much since their Swan SP

A now time for Tong shattering his knee to pieces so that Chinese fed can get Olympic spots. :/

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Qing PANG / Jian TONG (CHN)

Music: Scott and Fran's Paso Doble by David Hirschfelder

3T - he twofooted, UR
3Tw - solid
3LoTh - also nice
BoDs
Li
StSq - she has hand down on pose
FCCoSp - unison ok

Expected mistakes on sbs 3T from him. Other elements were solid except from bobble on step seq

SP: 32.39 + 31.56 = 63.95
In 4th (out of 15)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Much lower score for P/T than I expected. I'd have had them 4th but not by that large of a margin.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Meagan DUHAMEL / Eric RADFORD (CAN)

Music: La Boheme performed byRoby Lakatos
La Boheme performed by Paul McCoy
La Boheme performed by Bruno Walker and Jean Kikteff

3Tw
Li
BoDs
3Lz
3LzTh
StSq
FCCoSp

The Canadians are delivering. She is hopping with joy!

SP: 41.10 + 32.51 = 73.61 (PB)
In 1st (out of 16)

Wow, in the lead. Who would have thought?!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Not usually a D/R fan but that was the most joy, passion and verve I've seen them skate with... EVER. Very strong performance, I am happy for them.

That said what is up with her hair? I found it super distracting. Does she just have bangs?

OMG! Duhamel/Radford were AMAZING!

Pretty much every single element was +2 quality, they showed speed and power and the choreography and transitions were extremely intricate.

This should lead!