2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Yes. Good elements, very strong choreography. They improved a lot.

D/R had one of the most complex and unusual element layouts seen in the history of skating. The program had a lot of transitions and whilst their postures and lines could be stronger (especially hers), they showed a lot of power, attack and expression throughout.

You are being a really nasty bully now. Please stop.

No.

Yep, it's a done deal now. Whatever V/T show, they will be showered with 9s.

I bet that :slink: 3salchow got +2s as well. :p

Remember last year for once. This time they were the best. the gap is fine for me

skatel80

On the Ice
Yes. Good elements, very strong choreography. They improved a lot.

D/R had one of the most complex and unusual element layouts seen in the history of skating. The program had a lot of transitions and whilst their postures and lines could be stronger (especially hers), they showed a lot of power, attack and expression throughout.

You are being a really nasty bully now. Please stop.

No.

Yep, it's a done deal now. Whatever V/T show, they will be showered with 9s.

I bet that :slink: 3salchow got +2s as well. :p

I agree with everything you said here, i am so pleased for Meagan and Eric, she was especially good tonight and even on the warm up you can see how much she loves to skate for an audience and those sbs 3lutzes :clap:
also MT/M were great and James and cipres!

icebeauty

On the Ice
S/S in third, the PCS gap between them and the Russians is getting bigger :slink:
I don't see Megan/Eric in second place, their LP is not as strong as their SP but we are in Canada, so who knows. Technically their program was amazing, I have no problems there. I just don't think they look good on the ice as a pair.

if D/R skate clean in the FS, they will probably hang onto 3rd...S/S can (and will likely) pass them, assuming there aren't any stupid mistakes. V/T will win as long as they do what they've been doing all season...
like i've said previously, i find D/R boring to watch from a performance standpoint, but i really respect and enjoy them b/c of the complexities they put into their programs...they really try to be different from other pairs, and it pays off.

katia

On the Ice
@ koatcue
The "Let's talk" was bully. His "she jumped like monkey" and things like that are very ugly.
On the other hand I think that V/T skated well. However the marks they have got were much too high.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
So S/S all level 4, base value bigger than the Russians but lower GOE. V/T throw 3Loop got +3 across the board, their GOE's were absolutely huge. D/R had 1 point over S/S in terms of base value but beat them in GOE. I'm ok with that, D/R were very strong technically. Still, S/S are getting slowly dumped IMO

3T3T

Final Flight
Country
Ireland
That was a very high standard competition. Hopefully I will be saying the same after the free skate. For me V/T deserve their lead, they demand your attention, there is real attack, power and speed. That was there best performance of the season and I didn't even like the programme during the GP. Well done to D/R on their performance, technically great but PCS not so sure. Is she tiny or is he really tall, the height difference is a bit distracting.

Delighted to see K/S back in the mix, I would love for them to get a medal but it's a bit ask. S/S are still in the mix, I wouldn't write them off.

I have to take back what I said about the 3salchow. It actually got -1s from most of the judges which was very surprising to see.

A shower of +3s elsewhere though. :p

I can understand why D/W and V/M are getting 9+ for PCS. Their programs are always impressive, new, exciting. They skate with abandonment.
I don't understand V/T 9+. Their programs are so crappy. Nothing new, nothing nice, mostly nasty stuff smashed together. Tackiness doesn't deserve 9+. Good grief!

I agree about V/T. But D/W and V/M usually show programs that are bland and recycled and don't deserve 9+ either. :p

Icey

Record Breaker
The Canadian pair was exciting and had great intricate transitions throughout their program and skated with power and speed and assuredness. I would have them first.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
So S/S all level 4, base value bigger than the Russians but lower GOE. V/T throw 3Loop got +3 across the board, their GOE's were absolutely huge. D/R had 1 point over S/S in terms of base value but beat them in GOE. I'm ok with that, D/R were very strong technically. Still, S/S are getting slowly dumped IMO

it's their program this year...V/T at least show emotions on ice..

technically great but PCS not so sure

Nobody had a program as complex as D/R as far as element layout and transitions are concerned. They sold it really well too.

Yeah their SS and postures and lines are not as good as some of the top teams but not like they didn't deserve very high PCS.

(Ofc TR was their lowest score because mindless judges were being on auto-pilot as usual)

jamie

On the Ice
Great performances, painfully predictable results. It was so apparent that CAN bought the block for their pairs, I'm guessing a deal with russia to seel out S&S. I wouldn't mind as much, but they played the victim in 02 (was that howle SLC affair a profile/publicity stunt) to such an extent engaging in blatant Politiking ever since.

To put D&R within 2 points of S&S in PCS is beyond comment.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
The Canadian pair was exciting and had great intricate transitions throughout their program and skated with power and speed and assuredness. I would have them first.

I liked both canadian pairs:rock: I want one of them to get bronze this year)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
it's their program this year...V/T at least show emotions on ice..

Different strokes for different folks, I find their interpretation (his especially) over the top. But I like their LP a lot better.
Funny how Megan/Eric got the fourth score on Transitions, the one area which they were the best. Their programs was full of intricate transitions. This shows that the judges don't know what they are doing.

apple123

On the Ice
The standing is OKish. Everyone knows V/T will win no matter what, sadly we have to accept it. D/R did what they can, but I really don't get their appeal at all. The program of S/S is kinda merh compared to those they had last few years. MT/M have a gorgeous style but surfer a bit as Canadian No.2. K/S have a strong showing, but I doubt they can hold on to it. Hope lps won't be as bad as last year.

Great performances, painfully predictable results. It was so apparent that CAN bought the block for their pairs, I'm guessing a deal with russia to seel out S&S.

Ockham's Razor.

Both Canadian pairs skated clean programs with all of the technical elements executed to a very high standard as well as complex choreography. So why do you assume foul play?

To put D&R within 2 points of S&S in PCS is beyond comment.

Why? S/S have obviously much better skating skills, postures and lines but they had an empty program and skated through the music.

skatel80

On the Ice
slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh:disapp:

tulosai

Record Breaker
slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh:disapp:

:clap:

SubRosa

I love Lussi
Final Flight
Country
Canada
I have to take back what I said about the 3salchow. It actually got -1s from most of the judges which was very surprising to see.
Apart from the tilt, Tatiana may have scraped the ice with her free foot (but just barely).

jamie

On the Ice
Nobody had a program as complex as D/R as far as element layout and transitions are concerned. They sold it really well too.

Yeah their SS and postures and lines are not as good as some of the top teams but not like they didn't deserve very high PCS.

(Ofc TR was their lowest score because mindless judges were being on auto-pilot as usual)
I really like D&R, they've got new tricks and different buzz. Opinions are all well and good, but, fact is, they ARE significantly weaker than S&S, V&T and K&S. The scores don;t reflect that however. Nice to see solid positive GOE for the lutz though, first time they have really benefitted from doing that difficult element. Hope they skate well tomorrow and out perform other couples because they're going to medal and I don;t wind to wind up with anyone pettikhed!

Lucky Star

Final Flight
A shower of +3s elsewhere though. :p
...was well deserved. Their throw and twist were excellent, huge and effortless.
I liked D/R a lot today and I think things like parallel 3Lz should be rewarded, but I still much prefer Soviet pairs skating style with beautiful lines, posture and power. So V/T were the best today :clap: I used to like S/S a lot, but today they looked sloppy and uninteresting, I agree with the results. They need better programs, and please, please, better costumes!