Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

Custom Title
    slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh

Quote Originally Posted by skatel80 View Post
    slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I have to take back what I said about the 3salchow. It actually got -1s from most of the judges which was very surprising to see.
    Apart from the tilt, Tatiana may have scraped the ice with her free foot (but just barely).

Custom Title
    Nobody had a program as complex as D/R as far as element layout and transitions are concerned. They sold it really well too.

Yeah their SS and postures and lines are not as good as some of the top teams but not like they didn't deserve very high PCS.

(Ofc TR was their lowest score because mindless judges were being on auto-pilot as usual)
    I really like D&R, they've got new tricks and different buzz. Opinions are all well and good, but, fact is, they ARE significantly weaker than S&S, V&T and K&S. The scores don;t reflect that however. Nice to see solid positive GOE for the lutz though, first time they have really benefitted from doing that difficult element. Hope they skate well tomorrow and out perform other couples because they're going to medal and I don;t wind to wind up with anyone pettikhed!

Custom Title
    A shower of +3s elsewhere though.
    ...was well deserved. Their throw and twist were excellent, huge and effortless.
    I liked D/R a lot today and I think things like parallel 3Lz should be rewarded, but I still much prefer Soviet pairs skating style with beautiful lines, posture and power. So V/T were the best today I used to like S/S a lot, but today they looked sloppy and uninteresting, I agree with the results. They need better programs, and please, please, better costumes!

Custom Title
    Does anyone feel worried for the Americans? You have to get 28 to retain two spots, right? They are getting close.

Custom Title
    Ockham's Razor.

Both Canadian pairs skated clean programs with all of the technical elements executed to a very high standard as well as complex choreography. So why do you assume foul play?

Why? S/S have obviously much better skating skills, postures and lines but they had an empty program and skated through the music.
    Because I have eyes, Ziggy. AND I've been watching this sport 20 years, ZIGGY, like yourself. AND it happens every year! and ....Megand Duhmael is lying in 2nd place at a world championships ahead of Savchenko who skated clean.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I really like D&R, they've got new tricks and different buzz. Opinions are all well and good, but, fact is, they ARE significantly weaker than S&S, V&T and K&S. The scores don;t reflect that however.
    No, it is not a fact. It's a sweeping statement that you didn't back up with any details or argument.

Because I have eyes, Ziggy. AND I've been watching this sport 20 years, ZIGGY, like yourself. AND it happens every year! and ....Megand Duhmael is lying in 2nd place at a world championships ahead of Savchenko who skated clean.
    That's not an argument either.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skatel80 View Post
    Thanks for bringing up this point. It should be stated every time such a comment is made.

As for American pairs, I've been anxious about them for years. I don't know what will come about in the next few days, but it doesn't look good for our future. Thank goodness for ice dance.

Custom Title

Why? S/S have obviously much better skating skills, postures and lines .
    Exactly my point: Much better equates to more than 0.5 In my book.

D&R: SS 8.11
    S&S: SS 8.61

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Does anyone feel worried for the Americans? You have to get 28 to retain two spots, right? They are getting close.
    I don't think the American teams will move up significantly in the standings after the LP, but I doubt they'll drop much either. So, no, no worries, they should retain their two spots.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    The standing is OKish. Everyone knows V/T will win no matter what, sadly we have to accept it. D/R did what they can, but I really don't get their appeal at all. The program of S/S is kinda merh compared to those they had last few years. MT/M have a gorgeous style but surfer a bit as Canadian No.2. K/S have a strong showing, but I doubt they can hold on to it. Hope lps won't be as bad as last year.
    I think MT/M really suffered unfairly from being Number 2 in Canada. I thought they skated lights out and deserve to be much closer to if not ahead of S/S, who just IMO do not have an engaging program and had a small error. Sad they will miss out on final group.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Exactly my point: Much better equates to more than 0.5 In my book.

D&R: SS 8.11
    S&S: SS 8.61
    Yes, you are right.

But there's also TR, PE, CH and IN.

Custom Title
    I don;t argue Ziggy. Enjoy worlds

Banned
    It was so apparent that CAN bought the block for their pairs, I'm guessing a deal with russia to seel out S&S.
    I agree thatCAN brought the block here but I am sure Russians have nothing to do with that. No one in sober mind would make a deal with SC, especially Russians.

Quote Originally Posted by apple123 View Post
    The standing is OKish. Everyone knows V/T will win no matter what, sadly we have to accept it. D/R did what they can, but I really don't get their appeal at all. The program of S/S is kinda merh compared to those they had last few years. MT/M have a gorgeous style but surfer a bit as Canadian No.2. K/S have a strong showing, but I doubt they can hold on to it. Hope lps won't be as bad as last year.
    I don't get it. You are saying it's "sadly". At the same time you yourself explained that other pairs were worse. So why to be sad about "OKish" result. It doesn't make any sense at all.

Page 18 of 24 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast