Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

leave no stone unturned seniorita's Avatar
    Videos on this YT channel

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    I agree thatCAN brought the block here but I am sure Russians have nothing to do with that. No one in sober mind would make a deal with SC, especially Russians.

I don't get it. You are saying it's "sadly". At the same time you yourself explained that other pairs were worse. So why to be sad about "OKish" result. It doesn't make any sense at all.
    It seems that apple is prejudiced. THAT's sad,imo

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Does anyone feel worried for the Americans? You have to get 28 to retain two spots, right? They are getting close.
    I've been saying since Nationals that I would be VERY surprised if we placed a pair team in the top 10. I'm very happy to see Canada sitting in the silver position right now though and hope they can maintain it. US Pairs is in a world of hurt. Our teams dont' stay together long enough to really mature as a couple. Denney and Coughlin were our brightest hope before his injury. Looking forward to next year!

Banned

Custom Title
    Well, Savchenko was wearing short shorts with cheeks hanging out. If that's not tacky, I don't know what is. They are lucky to be in third. I would put them in 5th, after K/S and M/M.

D/R and V/T should have been closer. V/T doesn't have anything more than D/R aside from being Russians. Well, half of them, anyway.

ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Quote Originally Posted by jamie View Post
    I don;t argue Ziggy. Enjoy worlds
    It's hard to argue for a program as flat and empty as S/S have shown this season.

I really do hope that they skate something as complex and engaging as "Send in the Clowns" in the Olympic season.

Why bother though? S/Z stroked from element to element to win the Olympics and even if S/S show complex choreography, they'll probably still get lower PCS than V/T so I kinda understand why Steuer is throwing in the towel and giving S/S simple programs so that they can focus on performing their elements clean.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    I
    Why bother though? S/Z stroked from element to element to win the Olympics and even if S/S show complex choreography, they'll probably still get lower PCS than V/T so I kinda understand why Steuer is throwing in the towel and giving S/S simple programs so that they can focus on performing their elements clean.
    This is kinda true. It must be frustrating for them, to dominate the sport the way they did but by the time Olympics come, the new favorite couple takes the crown. I can't believe S/S lost the Olympic SP to S/Z. I am afraid no matter what they do, the Olympic gold is unreachable for them

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Well, Savchenko was wearing short shorts with cheeks hanging out. If that's not tacky, I don't know what is.
    Haven't you read the warning below? Unless the green light for talks about skaters' appearance depends on the country they represent.
    Quote Originally Posted by skatel80 View Post
    slightly OT but I think criticisms of a skaters physical appearance are completely unnecessary and in very poor taste, comments like these were made in this thread about Duhamel and in the junior worlds ladies thread aswell, both of the young ladies in question are beautiful girls and incredible athletes and I find these kinds of comments to be disgusting tbh

Custom Title
    S/S were not so great. They just left points both on the side by side jumps and the spin (problems with their synchronization). V/T lacked their usual sparkle. Their side by side jump was not perfect.
    My favourite program was T-M/M. They were awesome. I also think they deserved even better scores.
    I am not a fan of D/R, but today they had an amazing program. They could easily lead.
    And I almost forget: I loved the French pair Morgan/...(she is Canadian)! They were great!
    Great short program in pairs!

Custom Title
    Congrats on such a high level of skating, especially by the Canadian pairs!

This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be the technical program. There was an error on the SBS for V/T (with a +1 GOE from one judge!?!) and a perfectly executed program by D/R (and MT-M) with SBS 3-lutzes.

To put it in perspective, this was a personal best for V/T. So, they've never performed a better SP, even with the error?! And for those saying the Germans were robbed on PCS and should have had higher PCS to put them ahead of D/R, this is why figure skating is getting such flack.

You would wonder how many times V/T and the Germans would have to fall to be off the podium. What's the point of even doing elements if people are saying teams have far superior PCS that should entitle them to higher placements and "cushions" when they make errors.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Haven't you read the warning below? Unless the green light for talks about skaters' appearance depends on the country they represent.
    Talking about a costume is different than calling a person ugly. If someone told me my dress today is ugly I would be a bit upset I guess, but it would not be like they said you are the ugliest office person here.

Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    This is kinda true. It must be frustrating for them, to dominate the sport the way they did but by the time Olympics come, the new favorite couple takes the crown. I can't believe S/S lost the Olympic SP to S/Z. I am afraid no matter what they do, the Olympic gold is unreachable for them
    Oh well when following a sport that's judged crap like this is something we have to get used to. :/

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Talking about a costume is different than calling a person ugly. If someone told me my dress today is ugly I would be a bit upset I guess, but it would not be like they said you are the ugliest office person here.
    I can't believe this actually needs to be explained.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by noskates View Post
    I've been saying since Nationals that I would be VERY surprised if we placed a pair team in the top 10. I'm very happy to see Canada sitting in the silver position right now though and hope they can maintain it. US Pairs is in a world of hurt. Our teams dont' stay together long enough to really mature as a couple. Denney and Coughlin were our brightest hope before his injury. Looking forward to next year!
    I think one of the American pairs could squeak into 9 or 10 with a clean skate and some help. I was encouraged by S/K. No huge errors and it was an overall solid debut for a first-year pair both making their Worlds debut after her recent injury. I thought their score should have been a little higher. I would not be surprised if they passed C/S next year if they get some outside choreo.
    Last edited by flutzy13; 03-13-2013 at 02:46 PM. Reason: mistake

Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    This is ridiculous. This is supposed to be the technical program.
    It's a short program where the elements factor slightly more than the PCS, in comparison to the FS, and where mistakes on the elements are more punishing.

But both elements and the program components count because it's figure skating.

Skating a clean program alone doesn't entitle you to victory.

Page 19 of 24 FirstFirst ... 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast