Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast
Results 301 to 315 of 350

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

  1. #301
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think Mt/M are off the podium barring complete disaster for S/S. Judges showed today they will hold the Germans up.
    but venue is in Canada, I don't think its out of the question
    if S/S get more mistakes in the FS, MT/M will sneak the bronze

  2. #302
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but venue is in Canada, I don't think its out of the question
    If that was the case then Mt/M should have got better marks then K/S. They did not. Although IMHO they were better.

  3. #303
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    389
    Who knows. For all we know D/R's SP performance could have been a fluke. There's no guarantee anyone will medal except for V/T.

  4. #304
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    105
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    but venue is in Canada, I don't think its out of the question
    I hope you are right! I think having two top Canadian teams seems to be cancelling out the home ice advantage for them. I loved MT/M the most today and while I realize they don't belong in first, I think the gap between them and S&S is ridiculous.

  5. #305
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Posts
    277
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Who knows. For all we know D/R's SP performance could have been a fluke. There's no guarantee anyone will medal except for V/T.
    D/R have been consistent for a quite a while. And you are right, V/T will medal and IMO will get gold.

  6. #306
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    what major error did they got ? a tilted throw but the landing was good
    and yes its their best SP because there wasnt a two footed landing
    S/S were a bit lowballed they were closer to D/R in PCS which is beyond wrong
    Do you think S/S should have been placed higher than D/R? As a general statement. Keeping in mind the Germans had a slight error on the easiest SBS triple jumps and D/R cleanly executed the hardest triple jumps (not saying SBS are everything, but that's a pretty notable discrepancy).

    Also, I was saying if the Russians hypothetically have major errors in their FS, I hope they aren't still held up over other teams that skate cleanly. I think D/R should be leading, but at least it's not a runaway after the SP. This will hopefully take pressure off D/R going into the FS and puts the pressure on V/T to maintain a position they haven't been in before at Worlds.

  7. #307
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by leafygreens View Post
    Who knows. For all we know D/R's SP performance could have been a fluke. There's no guarantee anyone will medal except for V/T.
    As of late, their SP hasn't been a fluke. They often make a slight error on the lutzes and get negative GOE, but that's to be expected when you try jumps that hard. As others have pointed out, Meagan's 3Z is a harder jump than many of the singles women will attempt let alone execute cleanly.

  8. #308
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,984
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    Do you think S/S should have been placed higher than D/R? As a general statement. Keeping in mind the Germans had a slight error on the easiest SBS triple jumps and D/R cleanly executed the hardest triple jumps (not saying SBS are everything, but that's a pretty notable discrepancy).

    Also, I was saying if the Russians hypothetically have major errors in their FS, I hope they aren't still held up over other teams that skate cleanly. I think D/R should be leading, but at least it's not a runaway after the SP. This will hopefully take pressure off D/R going into the FS and puts the pressure on V/T to maintain a position they haven't been in before at Worlds.
    so D/R should be leading in FS which hasn't happened ?
    don't worry D/R are assured of a medal maybe even 2 Canadians will be on the podium

  9. #309
    At the rink. Again. mskater93's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    3,095
    Figure skating is a performance sport. If it were only about executing the elements cleanly, they'd call it something else, turn off the music and have a jump off. V/T are better SKATERS than D/R and S/S are also better SKATERS than D/R (I mean what they do and how they LOOK when their FEET are on the ice, not when they are in the air or executing an element). Does that mean that they don't get dinged on technical elements when they make errors? No, and both teams did in the GOEs. Both those teams got -GOE for their technical errors. But, for those that are complaining that V/T and S/S have a PCS "cushion" over other teams like D/R where part of the score is related to how things are skated, interpreted, choreographed, and performed (which V/T and S/S ARE better at, even if the concept of a program is MEH this season), I certainly expect that they will keep their mouths shut on the men's threads that Patrick Chan "deserves" a PCS "cushion". /rant off/

  10. #310
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    you realize Canada has a Pairs judge and Tech Controller right ? talk about the pot calling keetle black
    D/H were assured of a podium no matter how they will skate same for Chan and V/M who are locks for Gold medals
    Are you saying that D/R don't deserve their current placement?

    Just looked again at the protocols. A +2 for the Germans on those SBS jumps?!? I would have given their twist +1 and their throw +2 (I've seen them execute the flip better with a nicer landing and more height).

  11. #311
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,984
    they did but you wanted them to be first right ?
    PCS will be higher for D/H if they learn to project and Duhamel not skate like a Robot with zero facial expression

  12. #312
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Dec 2010
    Posts
    427
    Stuck on 401 for two hours and missed the first two groups. for the last three groups the French pair and D/R werer the most exciting ones to me. d/R did the subs 3L right in front of us, or kind of, that was so clean.

    Not very impressed with S/S and V/T today though they did there job.

  13. #313
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Posts
    4,140
    Quote Originally Posted by mskater93 View Post
    Figure skating is a performance sport. If it were only about executing the elements cleanly, they'd call it something else, turn off the music and have a jump off. V/T are better SKATERS than D/R and S/S are also better SKATERS than D/R (I mean what they do and how they LOOK when their FEET are on the ice, not when they are in the air or executing an element). Does that mean that they don't get dinged on technical elements when they make errors? No, and both teams did in the GOEs. Both those teams got -GOE for their technical errors. But, for those that are complaining that V/T and S/S have a PCS "cushion" over other teams like D/R where part of the score is related to how things are skated, interpreted, choreographed, and performed (which V/T and S/S ARE better at, even if the concept of a program is MEH this season), I certainly expect that they will keep their mouths shut on the men's threads that Patrick Chan "deserves" a PCS "cushion". /rant off/
    I agree that V/T and S/S are better skaters than D/R. But what's the point of even skating if the judges will continually give the Germans or Russians a PCS advantage, regardless of how you improve. I don't get why everyone is up in arms about the Canadians closing the gap PCS-wise, when they've improved and the Germans have maintained their level of skating, IMO.

    The Russians deservedly have the highest PCS, but if it produces such a discrepancy then that means regardless of how they skate they will always have that advantage. So teams are forced to go for the highest difficulty and need to execute it cleanly when the Russians/Germans don't need to do the hardest elements - they can even make mistakes - and still come out on top.

    As for Chan, even with my "Canadian"-ness, I disagree with his PCS cushions in the past in spite of errors.

  14. #314
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    188
    I don't watch a ton of pairs skating, so it's hard for me to spot small differences in element quality on the 3-twists and spins. I have to say that I love S/S but I just don't care for this program. I don't like the music. They seem committed to their choreography but it has this monotonous rhythm to it. Liked M-T/M, K/S seemed polished but slow. V/T, well, I guess they've got the lust/sex thing going on, but there's something about Trankov's posture (it's almost like he's hunching) that gets me.

    Does anyone have Duhamel/Radford's skate on video? I'd really like to see it.

  15. #315
    the Golden Era sky_fly20's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    6,984
    so higher Technical = Higher PCS ?

    Not really just look at the others Chan notorious with his PCS cushion who will win Gold even with multiple errors and even ladies like Carolina don't go for the hard content.
    so unless they improve their SS though and project more and show more facial expression right now that doesn't merit a higher pcs

Page 21 of 24 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •