I think D/R are a great pair and ambitious . And today they skated almost perfectly, with respect to the difficulty of their program. Love them very much !
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS
1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 75.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 73.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 73.47 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 69.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 69.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 63.95 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 61.91 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 60.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 59.07 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 58.52 Short Program
11. Wenjing SUI & Cong HAN (CHN) - 57.65 Short Program
12. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 55.73 Short Program
13. Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 55.68 Short Program
14. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 48.60 Short Program
15. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.82 Short Program
16. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 47.36 Short Program
17. Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 36.48 Short Program
18. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 35.44 Short Program
Looking at these results , the top 5 are close. Anything is still possible, I guess. Sad for Berton and Hotarek. They have great chemistry on ice. Beautiful couple.
K/S have been receiving level 1 on the DSpiral for a few times this season. Seems like an easy thing to fix, what is wrong with them? They can't even squeeze a point on such gimme move? No wonder they have becoming non-contenders.
I wonder how hard is it to skate or how motivated you can be when you know that you are being pushed out somewhat (in general). I wonder how S/S feel
I saw K/S and feel they were underscored.
There are people who are ugly on the outside, and there are people who are ugly on the inside. I think I will choose the outside every time..
How good was this event? Last year, the best SP would've placed sixth here.
In terms of SS, yes V/T and S/S are better (nobody can touch S/S on this one). They have better posture and lines also and show more expression. So let's give it to them on PE as well, at least partly.
But D/R had the most complex choreography and transitions and skated to the music more or less and had a lot of transitions. So they should have marked very highly in those aspects.
S/S did seem a little hesitant..hope that's resolved by the free.
B/L looked pretty crushed ... but their Free program is the best Spartacus program I've ever seen , so I hope to see it clean on Friday.
But how great for both M-T/M and D/R . There's no doubt they laid it down when it counted. I absolutely adore both those SPs, just wonderful choreography.
V/T have a couple of unlikeable programs for me . There's no denying their spectacular elements, or the quality of their skating, but they just don't thrill me the way I feel they could with better material. So I'm always somewhat disappointed.
ETA: Oh, just an annoying thing that's been bugging me all season... How often do you suppose both Tracy and PJ have seen D/R's SP ..yet still they keep announcing their music as being from the opera La Boheme .. Don't they pay any attention ?