03-13-2013, 04:15 PM
We just moved our clocks forward 1 hour on the weekend, maybe that is the difference.
Originally Posted by CaroLiza_fan
03-13-2013, 04:15 PM
I think D/R are a great pair and ambitious . And today they skated almost perfectly, with respect to the difficulty of their program. Love them very much !
03-13-2013, 04:20 PM
PAIRS SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS
1. Tatiana VOLOSOZHAR & Maxim TRANKOV (RUS) - 75.84 Short Program, 2nd Copy
2. Meagan DUHAMEL & Eric RADFORD (CAN) - 73.61 Short Program, 2nd Copy
3. Aliona SAVCHENKO & Robin SZOLKOWY (GER) - 73.47 Short Program, 2nd Copy
4. Yuko KAVAGUTI & Alexander SMIRNOV (RUS) - 69.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
5. Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS & Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN) - 69.25 Short Program, 2nd Copy
6. Qing PANG & Jian TONG (CHN) - 63.95 Short Program, 2nd Copy
7. Vera BAZAROVA & Yuri LARIONOV (RUS) - 61.91 Short Program, 2nd Copy
8. Vanessa JAMES & Morgan CIPRES (FRA) - 60.98 Short Program, 2nd Copy
9. Stefania BERTON & Ondrej HOTAREK (ITA) - 59.07 Short Program, 2nd Copy
10. Cheng PENG & Hao ZHANG (CHN) - 58.52 Short Program
11. Wenjing SUI & Cong HAN (CHN) - 57.65 Short Program
12. Alexa SCIMECA & Chris KNIERIM (USA) - 55.73 Short Program
13. Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA) - 55.68 Short Program
14. Stacey KEMP & David KING (GBR) - 48.60 Short Program
15. Nicole DELLA MONICA & Matteo GUARISE (ITA) - 47.82 Short Program
16. Mari VARTMANN & Aaron VAN CLEAVE (GER) - 47.36 Short Program
17. Elizaveta MAKAROVA / Leri KENCHADZE (BUL) - 36.48 Short Program
18. Magdalena KLATKA & Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI (POL) - 35.44 Short Program
03-13-2013, 04:30 PM
One does not simply skate into Sochi
Looking at these results , the top 5 are close. Anything is still possible, I guess. Sad for Berton and Hotarek. They have great chemistry on ice. Beautiful couple.
03-13-2013, 05:11 PM
K/S have been receiving level 1 on the DSpiral for a few times this season. Seems like an easy thing to fix, what is wrong with them? They can't even squeeze a point on such gimme move? No wonder they have becoming non-contenders.
03-13-2013, 05:38 PM
I wonder how hard is it to skate or how motivated you can be when you know that you are being pushed out somewhat (in general). I wonder how S/S feel
03-13-2013, 05:42 PM
Beliver in Sasha's Perfect Program
I saw K/S and feel they were underscored.
03-13-2013, 05:44 PM
The London area is crazy for figure skating. I don't think the arena is as big as some venues that have hosted Worlds. If all seats are used (and I doubt they will be as some will be taken up by judging, and possibly others for media), Budweiser Gardens seats just over 9000.
Originally Posted by FSGMT
03-13-2013, 06:56 PM
There are people who are ugly on the outside, and there are people who are ugly on the inside. I think I will choose the outside every time..
03-13-2013, 07:12 PM
How good was this event? Last year, the best SP would've placed sixth here.
03-13-2013, 07:13 PM
I'd rather see a smaller packed venue than a large scattered venue. It doesn't look as sad.
Originally Posted by scs
Duhamel is so adorbs. I only wish she had pinned her bangs back though.
03-13-2013, 08:54 PM
People are talking/bashing Korpi's beauty every time she gets PCS: "aahh, it's all because she is pretty!" They are attacking her appearence by that, in repetetive and nasty bully-ish way. Which means one thing possible- wheaher to talk or not about someone's look is based entirely on nationalistic biased- allowed about others and forbidden about Canadians. This double standard keeps amuzing me.
Originally Posted by katia
If you had been saying the same thing when your zamboni countryman were pulled by PCS and gifted medals that he didn't deserve, then your statement would be worthy some trust.
Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy
03-13-2013, 09:39 PM
Those are different marks for different skills.
Originally Posted by mskater93
In terms of SS, yes V/T and S/S are better (nobody can touch S/S on this one). They have better posture and lines also and show more expression. So let's give it to them on PE as well, at least partly.
But D/R had the most complex choreography and transitions and skated to the music more or less and had a lot of transitions. So they should have marked very highly in those aspects.
Your lack of logic is quite astounding. Saying that Korpi gets high PCS is not attacking her appearance. It's attacking the judges for being mindless victims of the halo effect.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
03-13-2013, 10:14 PM
Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.
Originally Posted by let`s talk
03-13-2013, 10:19 PM
Constable , Costume Police
This was so thoroughly enjoyable..Off to a great start !
Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue
S/S did seem a little hesitant..hope that's resolved by the free.
B/L looked pretty crushed ... but their Free program is the best Spartacus program I've ever seen , so I hope to see it clean on Friday.
But how great for both M-T/M and D/R . There's no doubt they laid it down when it counted. I absolutely adore both those SPs, just wonderful choreography.
V/T have a couple of unlikeable programs for me . There's no denying their spectacular elements, or the quality of their skating, but they just don't thrill me the way I feel they could with better material. So I'm always somewhat disappointed.
ETA: Oh, just an annoying thing that's been bugging me all season... How often do you suppose both Tracy and PJ have seen D/R's SP ..yet still they keep announcing their music as being from the opera La Boheme .. Don't they pay any attention ?