Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

Custom Title
    I really enjoyed the SP. And I'm absolutely OK with the standings so far.
    Both Canadian pairs were brilliant, such a joy!
    KS - stunning! Sad they don't get higher points but I think it's a matter of inconsistency...
    BL - losing their positions and they definetely need a good coach, they have technical issues and her hands look awful(((
    SS - I stopped enjoying them a long time ago... boring... they are not enjoying themselves, they are just doing their job...that's not gonna lead them to Sochi's gold.
    VT - I can't say brilliant, but solid. VERY confident! A deserved lead.

Honestly, I'd prefer final standings as
    1) VT
    2) DR
    3) KS or MMT

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by flutzy13 View Post
    I think Mt/M are off the podium barring complete disaster for S/S. Judges showed today they will hold the Germans up.
    they will not let SS off the podium. They have held them up for years. I didn`t think V and T would pass them. But Ssquared will be held up for silver throughto theo lympics and could win gold. I do sense though they are like Pang And Tong - they kind of exist for OGM and that`s about it. they would have retired had they won OGM in 2010.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.
    Obvious troll is obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    they will not let SS off the podium. They have held them up for years.
    Held them up? They were 2nd in the SP at the 2010 Olympics and marked below S/Z and P/T on the PCS in the FS.

Custom Title
    they often make errors and get held up. I have not found the magic in their skating too often.

LEAVE EDMUNDS ALONE!!1!
    they often make errors and get held up. I have not found the magic in their skating too often.
    The first sentence is a general statement that it's impossible to respond to and the second mentions something that isn't part of the marking criteria.

Custom Title
    Wow some people just like conflict. It is just my humble opinion that 1. I have found S and S while with great skating skills really did not have a connection with each other like G and G. The just don`t have that je ne sais quoi. Second, I have often seem them make mistakes and not get marked down as much as I thought but that`s just me perhaps. third, they have had interesting concepts but they really just seem like a team trying to hold on to win OGM. they just don`t seem to have that freshness; that drive they once had.

Edgy Details
    That was a great event.

M-T/M won me over completely. I enjoyed their performance the most. Everything was top notch and performed effortlessly. The SBS were to die for!!!! Also the program itself is very original. I really want them to medal

I absolutely hate V/T routine (stylewise). Can anyone give them better programs??? Ditching Morosov would be a good way to start!

S/S.. Sigh.. The program was flat and uninspiring. They don't look like they enjoy themselves out there. And small glitches here and there should really count when the competition level is so high. Overscored to me.

Im happy that K/S put it together. It was nice to watch. But the mistake on the 3 twist is still there (although this one was sort of less 'crashy' than normally) and what's up with the spiral level 1 over and over again??

D/R - impressive technical elements and transitions. I still find her posture and lines very lacking, but... I guess that counts the least of all mistakes, especially when the program is quite engaging.
    On the shallow note (even if we are not suppose to comment on skaters looks), Megan, please get rid of bangs...

My placements would be:
    D/R
    V/T tied with M-T/M
    K/S barely ahead of:
    S/S

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    When the only thing you can complain about a skater is their looks, it speaks volume to the kind of person you are, which is petty and superficial.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by chiocciola View Post
    I really enjoyed the SP. And I'm absolutely OK with the standings so far.
    Both Canadian pairs were brilliant, such a joy!
    KS - stunning! Sad they don't get higher points but I think it's a matter of inconsistency...
    BL - losing their positions and they definetely need a good coach, they have technical issues and her hands look awful(((
    SS - I stopped enjoying them a long time ago... boring... they are not enjoying themselves, they are just doing their job...that's not gonna lead them to Sochi's gold.
    VT - I can't say brilliant, but solid. VERY confident! A deserved lead.

Honestly, I'd prefer final standings as
    1) VT
    2) DR
    3) KS or MMT
    Well said.

Custom Title
    People are talking/bashing Korpi's beauty every time she gets PCS: "aahh, it's all because she is pretty!" They are attacking her appearence by that, in repetetive and nasty bully-ish way. Which means one thing possible- wheaher to talk or not about someone's look is based entirely on nationalistic biased- allowed about others and forbidden about Canadians. This double standard keeps amuzing me.

If you had been saying the same thing when your zamboni countryman were pulled by PCS and gifted medals that he didn't deserve, then your statement would be worthy some trust.
    I won't get into the nationalistic childish banter. But I do believe the COP system looks at more than TES so it is possible to score very high in pcs with mistakes sure that will affect interpretation and performance but it is still capable to score well. Even if clean a flat routine is a flat routine.

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by Kinga View Post
    Megan, please get rid of bangs...
    No way, love the bangs on her! I thought both Megan and Eric' hairdos were much improved!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Your lack of logic is quite astounding.
    In any case it's better to lack logic than to be full of sore grapes and insults when you have nothing esle to say on topic.
    Saying that Korpi gets high PCS is not attacking her appearance. It's attacking the judges for being mindless victims of the halo effect.
    It doesn't make any sense. Korpi's "halo effect" as you put it is what is precisey being attacked by posters according to your own words. So yes, they attack her appearance.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LisaS View Post
    Do you have something against Canadians? Every post you write has something bad to say about Canadians. I am shocked you are from Japan, every person I have met or encountered from Japan has been very nice and courteous.
    Two nations in one post. Great work.
    Quote Originally Posted by roots View Post
    When the only thing you can complain about a skater is their looks, it speaks volume to the kind of person you are, which is petty and superficial.
    I wonder where all these people were when Mao was bashed for being pretty as the reason of winning NHK. Or when Kiira is always bashed for her beauty when she gets PCS. Or when Caro is called "iguana who swallowed the stick". And now they take some higher moral ground and think it is worthy trusting. Funny.

But I do believe the COP system looks at more than TES so it is possible to score very high in pcs with mistakes sure that will affect interpretation and performance but it is still capable to score well. Even if clean a flat routine is a flat routine.
    The COP also allows to give higher PCS to the skater that doesn't deserve it, and by dong this- to pull him on top. That is how the term "overscored" turned to live.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    M/M and K/S are like M/D and G/G back in the day. Obviously not the same caliber, but the style of M/M are very much like M/D, strong, aggressive, a bit wild, a bit unpolished, and K/S are smooth and elegant like G/G.

In the end, it's more preference, and the good thing about the new system, they can be very close. And one can overtake the other, instead of the situation where messy G/G beat very good M/D.
    I will disagree with this. M&D were almost always messy, particularly Artur. I dislike the idea that control is a mere style and wildness is also a style, and the styles are equal. G&G had incredible quiet speed and control, and textbook elements and unison. Also wonderful line and posture. Artur and Natalia didn't have great unison, Artur flailed a lot, the twist was not as high and clean, and he stumbled in the middle and ran to catch up with Natalia. He has great flair! If G&G had been as sloppy as M&D customarily were people would be outraged that they were even on the podium. People claim M&D were perfect but they were not. Because they're M&D, they're allowed to be imperfect - that's their style. G&G are not allowed. But skaters aren't scored verus their own best, but against each other. And it's a sport with technical standards that G&G met better than M&D even on that day.

Custom Title
    V/T and B/L were the only elegant beauties on the ice. Sad that BazLar made a mistakes, she is probably still recovering.

All the rest were just either a set of elements more, or less or the clownish showcases.
    It's a sport. If it's not, it shouldn't be in the Olympics.

Page 23 of 24 FirstFirst ... 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 LastLast