Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 350

Thread: 2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

  1. #46
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    oooo V/vC fell on the step sequenz .. what a shame....

  2. #47
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    oooo V/vC fell on the step sequenz .. what a shame....
    I know :( I really like them.

  3. #48
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    218
    oh no... I really like their program. such a shame about 2 falls :(

  4. #49
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    40
    I liked their program too! And I really like her entrance into the throw.

  5. #50
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by paircheck View Post
    oooo V/vC fell on the step sequenz .. what a shame....
    They fell after the step sequence has finished.

    They skated the program extremely well and I don't understand the marks at all. I guess the protocols will explain it more.

  6. #51
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Agreed, and also you have to keep in mind everything is individual. If someone eats out every day and spends $12 or more on their average lunch, ok, probably they can spring $12 if they really wanted to. Some people are not in that position. It is really naive to think they are, be they in Vietnam or the USA or France. There are people who do watch every cent that goes in and out, and that have to. I am not really one of those people, I will not lie. However, I am trying to get out from under student loan debt and do watch every cent I spend. At this time, I would not spend $12 to watch one figure skating competition even if it is worlds. I do not eat out ever. I have not purchased any new clothing in almost a year. It's a matter of priorities and mine is to be out of debt. The expendable income I have I try to put toward that and toward one yearly vacation. I don't think that makes me a casual viewer of figure skating, it just means watching it live (while a priority of mine, actually) is not something I feel comfortable spending extra money to do right now. And I think that is valid.
    Absolutely. I may have to watch every penny, but on the other hand, I don't owe anyone anything, not even one cent. You're doing the smart thing and it will pay off handsomely.

    It is a shame--I thought she had some nice crispness to her skating. But there are so many really wonderful solo guitar pieces that are SO MUCH BETTER. Why are skaters and coaches so unadventurous when it comes to music????!!!

  7. #52
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    Quote Originally Posted by aniela View Post
    oh no... I really like their program. such a shame about 2 falls :(
    i hope they qualify for the FS an d do better there... 2 falls ..ahhhhhhhh

  8. #53
    Custom Title Kutien's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Moscow
    Posts
    275
    Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 57.65 video
    Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 47.36video
    Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI POL 35.44 video

  9. #54
    ISU, stop promoting 2-foot skating!
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Axis of Evil
    Posts
    2,516
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Agreed, and also you have to keep in mind everything is individual. If someone eats out every day and spends $12 or more on their average lunch, ok, probably they can spring $12 if they really wanted to. Some people are not in that position. It is really naive to think they are, be they in Vietnam or the USA or France. There are people who do watch every cent that goes in and out, and that have to. I am not really one of those people, I will not lie. However, I am trying to get out from under student loan debt and do watch every cent I spend. At this time, I would not spend $12 to watch one figure skating competition even if it is worlds. I do not eat out ever. I have not purchased any new clothing in almost a year. It's a matter of priorities and mine is to be out of debt. The expendable income I have I try to put toward that and toward one yearly vacation. I don't think that makes me a casual viewer of figure skating, it just means watching it live (while a priority of mine, actually) is not something I feel comfortable spending extra money to do right now. And I think that is valid.
    That is all very commendable but I highly doubt that there are a lot of people like you out there.

    12$ is like two or three Starbucks coffees isn't it? And little 'pleasures' like this is something most people allow themselves every now and then (or every day ;P).

    And when I said 'watch casually' what I meant was 'not watch the actual competition live and only watch Asada, Kim and the skater from their own country on YT later.'

  10. #55
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Posts
    313
    C/S... well S fell on 3S... they re running so much...

  11. #56
    More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2008
    Location
    Denmark
    Posts
    4,013
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

    Music: Stray Cat Strut by Brian Setzer Orchestra; Pink Panther by Henry Mancini

    3Tw
    3S - he falls
    FCCoSp - unison off
    3STh - big, but slightly hesitant landing
    StSq
    Li
    BoDs

    Not perfect. He fell on the salchow - not surprising - the the sbs spins were not totally in unison.

    SP: 29.62 + 27.06 - 1.00 = 55.68
    In 2nd (out of 4)

  12. #57
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    That is all very commendable but I highly doubt that there are a lot of people like you out there.

    12$ is like two or three Starbucks coffees isn't it? And little 'pleasures' like this is something most people allow themselves every now and then (or every day ;P).

    And when I said 'watch casually' what I meant was 'not watch the actual competition live and only watch Asada, Kim and the skater from their own country on YT later.'
    That is fair enough too. I am not meaning to rag on you in particular. For what it's worth I also think Starbucks is evil haha but you are probably right and not everyone is like me. However I think there may be more people at least sort of like me than you think.

    As to the casual viewer thing, if that is what you meant I totally agree. Those people do blow my mind too especially when they focus mostly only on one skater and seem not to have seen any others... and yet insist theirs is the only right opinion... it is too weird.

  13. #58
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    218
    Quote Originally Posted by Kutien View Post
    Wenjing SUI / Cong HAN CHN 57.65 video
    Mari VARTMANN / Aaron VAN CLEAVE GER 47.36video
    Magdalena KLATKA / Radoslaw CHRUSCINSKI POL 35.44 video
    wow! so quickly!

  14. #59
    Spiral Lover tulosai's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Paris, France
    Posts
    2,900
    Quote Originally Posted by sequinsgalore View Post
    Marissa CASTELLI / Simon SHNAPIR (USA)

    Music: Stray Cat Strut by Brian Setzer Orchestra; Pink Panther by Henry Mancini

    3Tw
    3S - he falls
    FCCoSp - unison off
    3STh - big, but slightly hesitant landing
    StSq
    Li
    BoDs

    Not perfect. He fell on the salchow - not surprising - the the sbs spins were not totally in unison.

    SP: 29.62 + 27.06 - 1.00 = 55.68
    In 2nd (out of 4)
    Really too bad from them. I've seen them do much better and hoped they could here.

  15. #60
    skating philosopher Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    The land of Agent Dale Cooper
    Posts
    8,651
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Agreed, and also you have to keep in mind everything is individual. If someone eats out every day and spends $12 or more on their average lunch, ok, probably they can spring $12 if they really wanted to. Some people are not in that position. It is really naive to think they are, be they in Vietnam or the USA or France. There are people who do watch every cent that goes in and out, and that have to. I am not really one of those people, I will not lie. However, I am trying to get out from under student loan debt and do watch every cent I spend. At this time, I would not spend $12 to watch one figure skating competition even if it is worlds. I do not eat out ever. I have not purchased any new clothing in almost a year. It's a matter of priorities and mine is to be out of debt. The expendable income I have I try to put toward that and toward one yearly vacation. I don't think that makes me a casual viewer of figure skating, it just means watching it live (while a priority of mine, actually) is not something I feel comfortable spending extra money to do right now. And I think that is valid.
    Good for you! I totally felt your pain of paying off student debt. I finally paid it off a few years ago and it feels so freeing to not have to put money toward that anymore.

    For me, I already subscribe to Ice Network, so I'm not going to go out of my way to pay more -- rather just wait until IN has the streaming rights again and make do with free streams and YouTube videos.

Page 4 of 24 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •