2013 Worlds - Pairs SP | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds - Pairs SP

Art&Sport

Medalist
Hey, I was just wondering: In order to send 2 teams next year, what must the combined score be for the two U.S. teams? Right now, it's looking like they'll be 12 and 13 in the sp, which equals 25.

This just is not true. I do not have time to find a more recent article now but this is from 2010 http://www.bundle.com/article/the-2010-bundle-report-annual-spending-by-age-10141/ and indicates 50-65 year olds spend the most in general, and 18-25 year olds spent the least in EVERY category, except for shopping where they spent $300 more on average than the lowest age group. Another article from late 2010 says "7. Americans aged 50 to 65 spend 74 percent more money per year than Americans aged 18 to 25."" http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2010/11/25/who-spends-the-most-money.html

Your impression is what it is but IMO it is very, very mistaken. I think maybe this is best continued via PM if it is going to continue. I am interested, in a genuine way, in if you have reputable sources that say something else. But both from my experience and from what I read, people my age are not the big spenders you seem to think.

The question is spends on what, though. When I said 'the biggest spenders' what I was referring to was non-essential spending on entertainment.

The data that I know of was British but I don't have it at hand.

According to the ISU results site, local time is GMT-5. Therefore, 11:45 LOC should be 16:45 GMT.

It must be a mistake. :/

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Hey, I was just wondering: In order to send 2 teams next year, what must the combined score be for the two U.S. teams? Right now, it's looking like they'll be 12 and 13 in the sp, which equals 25.

With two teams, their total placement must be 13 or less for 3 spots and between 14 and 28 for two spots.

Art&Sport

Medalist
Great, so now the stream starts freezing. Uh boy.

BTW, anyone have the answer to combined score needed to send two teams next year?

ETA:
Thanks Chemistry66!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)

Music: Motley Crew by R. Beau

3Tw
3T - strong, not much prep
BoDs
3LoTh
Li
StSq
FCCoSp - fast, unison good

Great skate! Fist pump from Dylan. They both look happy!

SP: 37.94 + 31.31 = 69.25 (PB)
In 1st (out of 11)

Wow, big score!

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
BTW, anyone have the answered to combined score needed to send two teams next year?
Look up. I answered it lol. 28 or less to maintain 2. (13 or less to get 3)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
M-T/M really made me a fan with their lovely SP. Amazing!
Now go Aliona and Robin!! You can do it!

tulosai

Record Breaker
YAY MT/M. Best I have seen them skate that program and I actually caught Dylan smiling during it!! They look deservedly thrilled. Should go easily into first.

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
The energy in the arena seems just amazing. If I'm feeling it here on my computer, imagine what it must be like to be there.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Were S/S always weak on the SBS spins? I don't remember noticing as much until this year...

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: Kismet by Bond

3FTh - big as usual
3T - he has (almost?) hand down, out of besti squat!
3Tw
BoDs - good and low, good speed
FCCoSp - unison off in the middle
StSq
Li

Solid skate w/ good attack, but some small mistakes. This will open the door to V/T even more.

SP: 39.27 + 34.20 = 73.47 (SB)
In 1st (out of 12)