2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
What music is Isadora Williams skating to? It's very pretty -- and FRESH.

Мaria and the Violin's String by Ashram. It's the music Ksenia Makarova skated last season(and this one too I believe), it's a very beautiful program, you should check it out :)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Мaria and the Violin's String by Ashram. It's the music Ksenia Makarova skated last season(and this one too I believe), it's a very beautiful program, you should check it out :)

Ah yes! Lol I think my memory is going. But it really is a great piece of skating music.

ForeverFish

Medalist
The problem with Leonova is that she achieved her good results with easier competition, and started struggling right at the time that the competition heated up.

ForeverFish, do you think the Russian Fed would send Leonova to the Olympics if they only got two slots from Worlds?

Definitely not. But with three spots, it's absurd to suggest that one of the younger, more inexperienced girls would be sent ahead of her.

icellist

On the Ice
Alina Fjodorova from Latvia. Fall on the 3Lz/F? and again on the 3S. Nice 2A. All jumps are completed and concentrating on spins/footwork. Her Bielmannn reminds me of Denis Bielmann’s. Not perfect but not strained. Slip in the step sequence or part of choreo? She skated the program very fast. Looks disappointed

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Alina FJODOROVA (EST)

Music: Inception (soundtrack) by Hans Zimmer

3F - fall
3S - fall, no combo
2A
FCSp
CCoSp
StSq - almost lost balance
LSp

Big mistakes on the first two jumps... She looks quite disappoited, understandably

SP: 19.48 + 18.96 - 2.00 = 36.44
In 8th (out of 8)

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN)

Music: Mambo No. 8 by Perez Prado; Gwendoline by Perez Prado

3T+3T - big, good speed through
3F
LSp
2A
StSq
FSSp
CCoSp

Clean skate, the audience is going wild! Standing O! She looks very happy, laughing...

SP: 35.19 + 29.54 = 64.73 (PB)
In 1st (out of 9)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Osmond was FUN! I loved her skating. The Canadiens are having a blast at this world championships.

icellist

On the Ice
Big cheer from the Canadian crowd for Kaetlyn Osmond. Great 3T-3T. 3F. and difficult entry into her layback. A lot of flare in her mambo step sequence. Spread eagle into her 2A. The audience is eating up her performance and she is a performer. A lot of but shakes. Unimpressive sit spin but that was a great split jump and great combo spin. She’s really consistent for a Canadian XD. Definitely first until Kim shows up on the ice.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Wow. Just want to say wow. Kaetlyn deserves a 60+ score, no doubts about it! :clap:

ForeverFish

Medalist
Kaetlyn! What a skate!

I wasn't crazy about some of her spins, but :eek:

If she skates like that on Saturday, Canada's getting two spots for the Olympics!

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Wow, great skate by Osmond. Fast and clean. Only thing I wish was that with such dark hair (is it normally this dark?) she would have not worn black - maybe something more tropical and bright. Good for her! Latin style suites her. Tons of attitude.