2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 12 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Heh. Yuna just gave a skating clinic out there to the young'uns. She's still got room for improvement though, by her standards. I'm a little surprised at the score.

babyalligator

On the Ice
i think the music really is very challenging, both to interpret and for the audience to get into. i like that though. i admire it actually.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
OMG! I am not a fan of Yuna, but I think she was slightly underscored. Please, am I right?

vera01

Final Flight
Let's wait and see how others(Mao, Caro, Ashley) are scored. And then, we can see if Yuna is underscored or not.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
It's asinine. Are they holding up Osmond for a medal? Bleh. No wonder people talk about the Canadian judges and events.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
69 + :angry:

they are helding up for others
Yuna was surprised as she should be

I disagree. I didn't find it that exciting. I think she was given an "e" on one her jumps and while the choreography was better than what we've seen thus far today, I wasn't that impressed. Things have changed in skating since she last competed...not that she can't evolve and come back but things are not as they once were when she was on top.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Having not seen the program, I think she probably lost some levels on her spins (she seem to struggle to get the necessary features in practice). Plus the (e) call which could take out some GOE. (Her height should make more like 0 GOE).

ForeverFish

Medalist
Yuna's TES (36.79) was barely higher than Osmond's (35.19). Could have something to do with the messy spin at the very beginning of her program, but the difference should be larger, IMO.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Phil Hersh explains on Twitter:
Judges gave Yuna edge deduction on flip and -.2 GOE, two of her three spins level 3, relatively low PCS for 69.97. #FSWorlds13

drivingmissdaisy

Record Breaker
Having not seen the program, I think she probably lost some levels on her spins (she seem to struggle to get the necessary features in practice). Plus the (e) call which could take out some GOE. (Her height should make more like 0 GOE).

Yes, her catch-foot position in the layback looked short

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
We'll have to see how the tech panel and judges do the other groups. Maybe they are generally in a stingy mood today.

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker
That score is weird. For now, I'd say she was underscored, that should have broken 70 no doubt.
Guess I'll wait till the competition is trough though. Maybe the technical panel and/or jugdes are just that strict, and other clean, amazing skates won't receive as high marks as we're used to seeing now either.

But just remember that Ashley and Mao got 66+ at the GPF without 3-3 or 3Lz :unsure:

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
I disagree. I didn't find it that exciting. I think she was given an "e" on one her jumps and while the choreography was better than what we've seen thus far today, I wasn't that impressed. Things have changed in skating since she last competed...not that she can't evolve and come back but things are not as they once were when she was on top.

I know ocasionally Yuna gets e on her Flip but 69 for total ? Kostner with a Fall on a 3T-3T would get close to that score
and seeing her score close to Osmond is wrong by all means