Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I usually don't mind them, but since it isn't an Egyptian-themed piece...
    It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.

Custom Title
    are those people out on the ice human zamboni's or what? lol

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Exactly. It bothers me only when the piece is misinterpreted.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    are those people out on the ice human zamboni's or what? lol

I was more worried that the real Zamboni would run them over.

Custom Title
    I thought Laetitia Hubert retired the title of Human Zamboni...

(And I will never forget he hand/arm gestures during her Dead Can Dance piece. It was like she was channeling aliens or something...)..

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I thought Laetitia Hubert retired the title of Human Zamboni....
    Poor Laetitia. It takes a special kind of skater to portray a dying hooker on the ice

Custom Title
    Bucket brigade with ice chip fillers. Also gives the zamboni driver slalom practice!

On the Ice
    Very very surprised at Kaetlyn's fair score...

Custom Title
    [QUOTE=ForeverFish;720669]Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?

Miserere Nobis
    [QUOTE=KKonas;721062]
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?
    Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. She had difficult jumps, but the way she executed them wasn't spectacular.

And a lot of ladies, actually. Many juniors and almost all of the seniors from the US, Japan, and Russia.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    Poor Laetitia. It takes a special kind of skater to portray a dying hooker on the ice
    I think she holds the distinction of being the only skater to finish first and last in their GP events in the same season.

I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skaters from Nice Worlds.....

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Bucket brigade with ice chip fillers. Also gives the zamboni driver slalom practice!
    I don't ever recall seeing that. Maybe my memory is failing me. lol

Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skater - Asian male?
    Yep, Hanyu

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skater - Asian male?
    Yup. That's Yuzuru Hanyu.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast