Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 165 of 1443

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies SP

  1. #151
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,972
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I usually don't mind them, but since it isn't an Egyptian-themed piece...
    It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.

  2. #152
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,156
    are those people out on the ice human zamboni's or what? lol

  3. #153
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    It was an immediate gut reaction (in like the first 4 seconds) before I heard the rest of the music. And it should tell you just how cheesy those hand gestures are that they are used interchangeably for middle East and far East pieces. Grrrrrrrrr.
    Exactly. It bothers me only when the piece is misinterpreted.

  4. #154
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    are those people out on the ice human zamboni's or what? lol


    I was more worried that the real Zamboni would run them over.

  5. #155
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Falling-again!-at an ice rink near you!
    Posts
    1,972
    I thought Laetitia Hubert retired the title of Human Zamboni...

    (And I will never forget he hand/arm gestures during her Dead Can Dance piece. It was like she was channeling aliens or something...)..

  6. #156
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Posts
    392
    Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    I thought Laetitia Hubert retired the title of Human Zamboni....
    Poor Laetitia. It takes a special kind of skater to portray a dying hooker on the ice

  7. #157
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    beijing
    Posts
    1,910
    Bucket brigade with ice chip fillers. Also gives the zamboni driver slalom practice!

  8. #158
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    42
    Very very surprised at Kaetlyn's fair score...

  9. #159
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    1,025
    [QUOTE=ForeverFish;720669]Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

    Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?

  10. #160
    Miserere Nobis
    Join Date
    Aug 2012
    Location
    Texas Darling
    Posts
    1,529
    [QUOTE=KKonas;721062]
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Lipinski was 15, and already had a World title under her belt. Her tech content wasn't great, but she did have amazing artistry. I would hardly consider Lipnitskaia or Pogorilaya the best in Russia, though I can see the argument being made for Tukt and Sotnikova. So, yeah--in this case, age does matter.

    Huh? Lipinski's tech content wasn't that great? At the 1998 OWG, Lipinski opened her FS with a double Axel, a triple flip, a triple Lutz/double toe loop, and a triple loop/triple loop combo, a triple Lutz, ending with a triple toe-half loop-triple Salchow. So how many ladies are doing this much technical content today?
    Sorry, I should have made myself clearer. She had difficult jumps, but the way she executed them wasn't spectacular.

    And a lot of ladies, actually. Many juniors and almost all of the seniors from the US, Japan, and Russia.

  11. #161
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Posts
    3,678
    Quote Originally Posted by berrycute View Post
    Poor Laetitia. It takes a special kind of skater to portray a dying hooker on the ice
    I think she holds the distinction of being the only skater to finish first and last in their GP events in the same season.

  12. #162
    Custom Title dwiggin3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    Northern Virginia
    Posts
    765
    I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skaters from Nice Worlds.....

  13. #163
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Posts
    2,156
    Quote Originally Posted by bigsisjiejie View Post
    Bucket brigade with ice chip fillers. Also gives the zamboni driver slalom practice!
    I don't ever recall seeing that. Maybe my memory is failing me. lol

  14. #164
    Desperate Mouse Killer kandidy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tokyo
    Posts
    814
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skater - Asian male?
    Yep, Hanyu

  15. #165
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Posts
    171
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    I'm watching the Latvian tv version...is anyone getting an exhibitions skater - Asian male?
    Yup. That's Yuzuru Hanyu.

Page 11 of 97 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 61 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •