2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Wait, i'm confused - because Canadians would still be friendly to Yuna, or because Orser would have coached her better than her current Korean coaches?

Probably a bit of both. Anyway, I hope the rest of the ladies skate well, I want to see a good fight in the LP

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Anyway it seems the judges are better today. Yesterday they were a bit too generous. I agree Yuna spins were not so special...

katymay

Medalist
YuNa seemed a little more tentative/slower than in the past. Also she seemed a bit withdrawn, not all-out performing. I couldn't see the take-off edge of the 3F from my stream, but it is what it is if so. I think 69.97 is a good score, all things considered.

Yes, the program was...nearly perfect, but uninspired. I think the judges are reserving marks to some extent. Still, Yuna certainly is beautiful and elegant.

vera01

Final Flight
Ah, everything is possible. I think Yuna can still win(but of course, I'm bit biased here), but it'll be interesting to see how others would skate.

bmelanie

On the Ice
Wow. Yuna's performance was much more refined than her earlier performances this season. To those who watched the broadcast, you could see this got a wide standing ovation. I have to say, 69 is bit too low... this was more in the range of 72+.

I was actually thinking, it's hard to see her facial expressions and other detailed points of her performance through the (severely) pixelated feed :( When I saw the close-up playback in the Kiss-n-Cry zone I was surprised, she'd been selling the program much more than I could see.

venlac

On the Ice
.62 less than she got at the Olympics and this was not at that level. She was let down by the TES today.

pcs tend to be inflated since the 09-10 season.

I think we should do not compare with another season,
compare with other players in this season.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
That's a bit unfair don't you think? Osmond skated really well, with fire, attitude and pizzazz. I can't speak to the issue with Canadian judges.

I don't see why just because a Canadian gets a good score it has to do with politiking. I genuinely enjoyed Osmond's performance. Y.Kim felt a bit like a let down though still very lovely.

I would still consider Osmond as a dark horse for top 5 but top 10 is still a safer bet.

babyalligator

On the Ice
I would actually say that what yuna got was pretty fair. Of course, we'll have to see how others get scored before finalizing that statement. Considering how long she's been absent though, I'd say that she's done a pretty stand up job. She was tenser than we are used to seeing her, but that was expected. When watching her practices, I got the feeling that the SP was more of a challenge for her than the LP.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
People seem to forget that Yuna has had exactly 2 real competitions in almost 3 years since Worlds 2010. So how sharp could she be? Plus i don't think she has the driving ambition she had before the Olympics. Now it's more about helping her country get 2 spots for the Olympics next year. She has nothing left to prove. Having said that if she had kept competing in the last couple years i think should still be almost unbeatable.

sather

Rinkside
SBS just replayed Yuna's SP. I'm pissed that they skipped other skater's program. It's just so rude.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Well, maybe this will fire her up for Saturday. She could still walk away with the gold medal.

She can still win the SP actually. Mao's 3A is a BIG wildcard and Carolina has to be pristine perfect with all level 4 to beat Yuna considering she doesn't do a lutz/flip in the SP. Russian babies won't get 70 points.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I was expecting her to be flawless and crack 70. I think she would get around 71 clean.
Now, almost 70 for an edge call and messy spin. Then she's actually overscored by 1 or 2 points.

The problem with Yuna this year is she's handicapped by terrible programs. She should find something like Danse Macabre again. Showcase her strength as a performer.
Her PCS seemed a bit high for what she did.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
She didn't even crack 8.50... :/
I think that the score was really fair, she was really emotionally "cold", especially in the second half, you could really see that the audience was not so impressed, too... It was a kind of "beautiful jumps, good spins, good choreography, excellent SS, but there was something missing there"... (Don't get me wrong, I really liked her, but 33 was just what she deserved, for me)

dwiggin3

Final Flight
I don't see why just because a Canadian gets a good score it has to do with politiking. I genuinely enjoyed Osmond's performance. Y.Kim felt a bit like a let down though still very lovely.

I would still consider Osmond as a dark horse for top 5 but top 10 is still a safer bet.

I was responding to another poster who said Osmond was being held up and it had something to do with politiking. I actually liked Osmond's skate and think she deserved her scores and placement. I agree with your assessment of her potential final placements

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL)

Music: Exogenesis Symphony by Muse

3T
2S+1T
CCoSp
StSq
2A
FCSp
LSp

Hands to her head, she knows that screwed-up combo is going to cost