2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

prettykeys

Medalist
Yuna's "tense" performance would only come into play for P/E and IN. She still has good skating skills and transitions. And choreography isn't really how the program is performance but just how it's laid out. So I say it's reasonable.
I love YuNa, and my critique doesn't change that. ;)

Even YuNa's SS looked a bit rusty. There were moments when her old finesse showed, but she also looked a bit tentative and slower in her stroking. At one point I was worried she would bump into the boards. She also lacked overall "attack"; that was not the Bond Girl out there. I thought the judges were very fair--and have been very fair so far--for those who are saying the judges are playing favourites for Canada, Kaetlyn also scored a little lower than some of the skating fans here expected, too.

I like the judging so far.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Gracie just landed 3Lz+3T, so she's not doing the 3F+3T in the SP anymore...

Icey

Record Breaker
The music of yuna required she be emotionally cold. This is the Kiss of the Vampire!!!!!

Colanboy

Rinkside
Yuna's "tense" performance would only come into play for P/E and IN. She still has good skating skills and transitions. And choreography isn't really how the program is performance but just how it's laid out. So I say it's reasonable.
Wouldn't Yuna's relatively withdrawn performance also affect choreography, because choreography takes into account the skater's intent and ability to use said choreo to interpret and highlight the music?

chiocciola

On the Ice
Whatever I said about Osmond...I take my words back... THAT WAS THE PERFORMANCE OF THE NIGHT I guess... She did deserve that score, but I doubt anyone but a Canadian in that flight could have received a good score. What's for Yuna...she was great...but...there was was some tension, inconfidence...I dunno... she didn't look an Oly Champ. I'm ok about Mao getting higher score than Yuna,,,but definetely not Kostner...Yuna was good PCSwise.

FlattFan

Match Penalty

I think her P/E and IN should be 8.00 and her CH should be 7.75 actually. They were a bit high for what she did.
Definitely overscored by 1 or 2 points. Doesn't change the dynamic much but don't get the "wuzrobbed" "underscored" nonsense.

I thought that Yuna showed great use of her upper body throughout her program. Her movement was very detailed and beautifully extended. There were no empty spots in her routine. Smooth skating as well. I thought she had the whole package. Yes, she could have shown more emotions and have some facial expression but that's something that was always lacking. I thought it was an excellent performance and I was very surprised to see the marks being so conservative. I think that's because she has skated so early.

hurrah

Medalist
The scoring has been so fair so far, I can hardly believe it. I hope it lasts til the end. It would be so nice to have a competition without any wuzrobbing.

katymay

Medalist

Even YuNa's SS looked a bit rusty. There were moments when her old finesse showed, but she also looked a bit tentative and slower in her stroking. At one point I was worried she would bump into the boards. She also lacked overall "attack"; that was not the Bond Girl out there. I thought the judges were very fair--and have been very fair so far--for those who are saying the judges are playing favourites for Canada, Kaetlyn also scored a little lower than some of the skating fans here expected, too.

I like the judging so far.

I think she looked like she didn't really want to be here, or on the ice at all. Lack of enthusiasm or any spark whatsoever, and it has been that way in practice as well. My guess is that she might end up 5th or so in the SP

sather

Rinkside

Actually, I like that the judging has been very fair so far.

ITA. I believe that scoring should be considered in relative context. Therefore unless skaters in the last group get overscored I think the scoring is fair so far.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Wouldn't Yuna's relatively withdrawn performance also affect choreography, because choreography takes into account the skater's intent and ability to use said choreo to interpret and highlight the music?

Yes, somewhat, but her choreography from what i've seen in the past is still pretty interesting even if she didn't skate it to her best ability. Her highest component was skating skills. I think you could make the case to lower CH/IN/PE.

Kissx3

Final Flight
Why? We already had 2 excellent skates and there are still big guns to come.
People are too dramatic, she actually scored almost 70 which will probably be enough to win the SP with this tough panel.

Right? Even if everyone does well, I'd say only Mao with 3A has the potential to put up a significant lead over 69 points.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
I think her P/E and IN should be 8.00 and her CH should be 7.75 actually. They were a bit high for what she did.
Definitely overscored by 1 or 2 points. Doesn't change the dynamic much but don't get the "wuzrobbed" "underscored" nonsense.

I'm not saying she wuzrobbed. I'm saying the scores are about right. If she can get 9s when she's on, 8s doesn't seem that extreme.

That said, I haven't seen the performance so my assessment won't be perfect.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Sonia Lafuente is really skating well this season... I was very impressed at euros, and here she shows again that her jumps are really solid, she has to improve artistically, though...

(My 1000th post!!! :rock::party: )