2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP)

Music: Romeo and Juliet (musical soundtrack)

3F+2T - 3F perhaps < in replay
3Lo
FCSp
2A
LSp
StSq
CCoSp

Very nice clean skate. She looks relieved

SP: 28.79 + 23.65 = 52.44 (PB)
In 3rd (out of 18)

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I'm not saying she wuzrobbed. I'm saying the scores are about right. If she can get 9s when she's on, 8s doesn't seem that extreme.

That said, I haven't seen the performance so my assessment won't be perfect.

I know you didn't, but others have. Didn't mean to say it was you.

calstudent

Rinkside
I'm not saying she wuzrobbed. I'm saying the scores are about right. If she can get 9s when she's on, 8s doesn't seem that extreme.

That said, I haven't seen the performance so my assessment won't be perfect.

Um, no. Yuna has only received one edge call on her flip in the past and that was back in 2008. She definitely did not deserve the "e" on her flip today.

Mrs. P

Uno, Dos, twizzle!
Record Breaker
Um, no. Yuna has only received one edge call on her flip in the past and that was back in 2008. She definitely did not deserve the "e" on her flip today.

Huh? Why are your responding to me? I didn't say anything about her flip!

FlattFan

Match Penalty

Her flip has a history of edge problem, whether it was 'e' or '!'
Since there's no more '!' she's going to get 'e'
I thought she fixed a year before the Olympics. Strange. Maybe she was nervous and reverted back to old technique.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
I thought that Yuna showed great use of her upper body throughout her program. Her movement was very detailed and beautifully extended. There were no empty spots in her routine. Smooth skating as well. I thought she had the whole package. Yes, she could have shown more emotions and have some facial expression but that's something that was always lacking. I thought it was an excellent performance and I was very surprised to see the marks being so conservative. I think that's because she has skated so early.

This. Finally someone who can appreciate how difficult skating to the music of "Kiss of Vampire" is.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Natalia POPOVA (UKR)

Music: Pourquoi Me Reveiller by Jules Massenet

3F
3T+2T
FCSp
2A
CCoSp
StSq
LSp

Another solid skate

SP: 27.99 + 23.68 = 51.67 (PB)
In 4th (out of 19)

ForeverFish

Medalist
Her 2A had a difficult entry and from what I saw it was cleanly landed, maybe someone who knows better can explain what was wrong with Yuna's 2A?

I'm probably not that someone, but the only issue I noticed with it was that she rotated leaning a little too forward. For a split second I worried that she wouldn't be able to land it.

bmelanie

On the Ice
Her 2A had a difficult entry and from what I saw it was cleanly landed, maybe someone who knows better can explain what was wrong with Yuna's 2A?

Seriously. The 3F I couldn't see the entry to (grainy feed!) but the 2A looked clean and I don't remember her ever getting dinged on that before...?