Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by YunaBliss View Post
    Wow. Yuna's performance was much more refined than her earlier performances this season. To those who watched the broadcast, you could see this got a wide standing ovation. I have to say, 69 is bit too low... this was more in the range of 72+.
    I was actually thinking, it's hard to see her facial expressions and other detailed points of her performance through the (severely) pixelated feed :( When I saw the close-up playback in the Kiss-n-Cry zone I was surprised, she'd been selling the program much more than I could see.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Kissx3 View Post
    .62 less than she got at the Olympics and this was not at that level. She was let down by the TES today.
    pcs tend to be inflated since the 09-10 season.

I think we should do not compare with another season,
    compare with other players in this season.

Banned
    Yuna was not happy with her score
    hope that ignites her fire in the FS and win !

Miserere Nobis
    Well, maybe this will fire her up for Saturday. She could still walk away with the gold medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by dwiggin3 View Post
    That's a bit unfair don't you think? Osmond skated really well, with fire, attitude and pizzazz. I can't speak to the issue with Canadian judges.
    I don't see why just because a Canadian gets a good score it has to do with politiking. I genuinely enjoyed Osmond's performance. Y.Kim felt a bit like a let down though still very lovely.

I would still consider Osmond as a dark horse for top 5 but top 10 is still a safer bet.

Custom Title
    I would actually say that what yuna got was pretty fair. Of course, we'll have to see how others get scored before finalizing that statement. Considering how long she's been absent though, I'd say that she's done a pretty stand up job. She was tenser than we are used to seeing her, but that was expected. When watching her practices, I got the feeling that the SP was more of a challenge for her than the LP.

Custom Title
    People seem to forget that Yuna has had exactly 2 real competitions in almost 3 years since Worlds 2010. So how sharp could she be? Plus i don't think she has the driving ambition she had before the Olympics. Now it's more about helping her country get 2 spots for the Olympics next year. She has nothing left to prove. Having said that if she had kept competing in the last couple years i think should still be almost unbeatable.

Tripping on the Podium
    SBS just replayed Yuna's SP. I'm pissed that they skipped other skater's program. It's just so rude.

Miserere Nobis
    I just hope this isn't the first competition where she leaves without a medal.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Well, maybe this will fire her up for Saturday. She could still walk away with the gold medal.
    She can still win the SP actually. Mao's 3A is a BIG wildcard and Carolina has to be pristine perfect with all level 4 to beat Yuna considering she doesn't do a lutz/flip in the SP. Russian babies won't get 70 points.

Custom Title
    I was expecting her to be flawless and crack 70. I think she would get around 71 clean.
    Now, almost 70 for an edge call and messy spin. Then she's actually overscored by 1 or 2 points.

The problem with Yuna this year is she's handicapped by terrible programs. She should find something like Danse Macabre again. Showcase her strength as a performer.
    Her PCS seemed a bit high for what she did.

Quote Originally Posted by yuki View Post
    She didn't even crack 8.50... :/
    I think that the score was really fair, she was really emotionally "cold", especially in the second half, you could really see that the audience was not so impressed, too... It was a kind of "beautiful jumps, good spins, good choreography, excellent SS, but there was something missing there"... (Don't get me wrong, I really liked her, but 33 was just what she deserved, for me)

Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    I don't see why just because a Canadian gets a good score it has to do with politiking. I genuinely enjoyed Osmond's performance. Y.Kim felt a bit like a let down though still very lovely.

I would still consider Osmond as a dark horse for top 5 but top 10 is still a safer bet.
    I was responding to another poster who said Osmond was being held up and it had something to do with politiking. I actually liked Osmond's skate and think she deserved her scores and placement. I agree with your assessment of her potential final placements

More or less: more is more sequinsgalore's Avatar
    Kaat VAN DAELE (BEL)

Music: Exogenesis Symphony by Muse

3T
    2S+1T
    CCoSp
    StSq
    2A
    FCSp
    LSp

Hands to her head, she knows that screwed-up combo is going to cost

SP: 21.59 + 20.92 = 42.51
    In 11th (out of 17)

Custom Title
    I think Yuna leaving without a medal is pretty unlikely....

Page 20 of 97 FirstFirst ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 70 ... LastLast