2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 21 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

creme cup

Rinkside
What I heard after Yuna finished the short was
"I almost missed the lutz(Thought I wouldn't make it)" just after she stepped out of the ice
"The edge of the flip...was a little bit slanted"

So I guess she might have had some issue or anxiety about - ice? boots? edge? I don't know..

calstudent

Rinkside
That's enough calls to be a lipper.
Let's not rewrite history here. She lipped. She fixed it in 2009, made the flip unstable. For a while, she got the right flip.
Hasn't done flip in a while, and now got another one called. Nothing's controversial or wrong about that.

You can at least get your facts straight. She competed in two other competitions earlier this year. She did 4 flips in competition prior to the World champ AND she did not receive an edge call.

seniorita

Record Breaker
Can please someone give me a link to watch? :) I was about to open the thread and search but I didnt expect to see 27 pages until the fourth group! :cool:

prettykeys

Medalist
Agreed. I am really enjoying watching the ladies!

And I predict Gold moves into second with that skate though the question will be how close her and Osmond's scores will be or if she can put some distance. I liked Osmond's performance a bit better but Gold was good too and her technical content was higher.
Nope! ;)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Gracie gets so excited and nervous she sometimes loses concentration. She was tight her jumps didn't have the usual height and flow they usually do.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
But the funny thing is , as I recall, she never received those calls on solo flip. One of the reasons she decided to do 3Lz-3T was because she couldn't control her edge for flip 'combination' jump perfect enough to avoid those edge calls. I don't want to argue with the fact but I just find it interesting.

That might be the silver lining. Pushed her to do 3Lz-3T which is very hard to find fault at. Her 3F-3T combo didn't get good GOE. Her 3Lz-3T get +2 GOE regularly.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Gracie's jumps were not a high or powerful as they can be and she was a bit off on a spin. Still, a nice first SP at Worlds. I would have her 2nd after Osmond whose program was not as juniorish.