2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 26 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

prettykeys

Medalist
Busty Elene G. of the past did not have any trouble executing high, powerful 3Lutzes. Not adding to the gossip...I just hope she is OK, which is the most important thing. Hopefully it is just a post-pubertal natural slimming. I always liked her.

katia

On the Ice
Oh. Osmond is second, better then others after being in 2nd flight? She must have had very good skate. I am so glad for her. YAY.
(Go Akiko)

ForeverFish

Medalist
Yeah amen to another year of having two spots for ladies

With all due respect to Christina, who's a lovely skater, she'd have a hard time standing out from the rest of the field at Worlds. Gracie has an insane level of technical content. Christina can hit her jumps and would likely get higher PCS, but there's nothing about her that screams "Watch me!"

And anyway, the point is moot. Christina didn't skate well enough at US Nationals to qualify for Worlds.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I think Yuna's score was fair. Could have been better if it was 70 though :rolleye:
Hope to see fair judging throughout the end of the competition!

waddup

Rinkside
I think Yuna's score was fair. Could have been better if it was 70 though :rolleye:
Hope to see fair judging throughout the end of the competition!

second that. I have no problem with tough scoring...
as long as it's fair and consistent.

YunaBliss

On the Ice
Philip Hersh ‏@olyphil
@GraceEGold wants to ask her idol, Yuna Kim, for a picture together but waiting for right moment. #FSWorlds13

:) I thought Gracie did well. She certainly has the potential to be a superstar skater. She seems to have the total package. I think she will become my favorite skater after Yuna.

Still bummed about Yuna being underscored... her performance was quite exquisite.

Icey

Record Breaker
Busty Elene G. of the past did not have any trouble executing high, powerful 3Lutzes. Not adding to the gossip...I just hope she is OK, which is the most important thing. Hopefully it is just a post-pubertal natural slimming. I always liked her.

When I first saw her after she went to orser and her image was changed and she lost weight, I thought she had had a reduction.

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Yeah amen to another year of having two spots for ladies

Well, in the grand scheme of things, it could be worse.

I'm wondering though, why you feel Gao would have represented US interests better? While Gracie did not skate well at Nationals in the SP, she rocked the LP. Yes, she is young and has a junior-ish quality about her choreography but she does show a great deal of promise. Gao on the other hand, has had a string of 5th place finishes and as another posted noted, she'd likely get lost in the shuffle (again, as in like she does at US Nationals - IMO). With that said, I would be interested in your thoughts on why Gao might have been a better choice?

calstudent

Rinkside
With all due respect to Christina, who's a lovely skater, she'd have a hard time standing out from the rest of the field at Worlds. Gracie has an insane level of technical content. Christina can hit her jumps and would likely get higher PCS, but there's nothing about her that screams "Watch me!"

Uh huh. I totally agree with you Foreverfish. And after seeing 4CC and the world championship, I couldn't be more convinced

wallylutz

Medalist
Wow. Yuna's performance was much more refined than her earlier performances this season. To those who watched the broadcast, you could see this got a wide standing ovation. I have to say, 69 is bit too low... this was more in the range of 72+.

I am at the rink now following GS with my I pad. Yu Na did not get a big standing O. When Osmond skated, about 90% of the crowd stood up. Yu Na got less than half of Osmond. This has been a fairly partisan crowd so far. There is also less Korean fans in the crowd than usual, unlike the huge number of Japanese who showed up last night.

dwiggin3

Final Flight

And anyway, the point is moot. Christina didn't skate well enough at US Nationals to qualify for Worlds.

While I agree with you, I can understand why some feel she should have placed higher at Nationals and perhaps, that Gracie should have had a lower placement after the SP at Nationals, which might have made her 2nd place finisher overall not as secure.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Uh huh. I totally agree with you Foreverfish. And after seeing 4CC and the world championship, I couldn't be more convinced

Well, then, I suppose it's a matter of opinion. Not quite sure what's wrong with Worlds so far, though.

Let's return to discussing the ladies at the competition, hmm?