2013 Worlds Ladies SP | Page 50 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies SP

Moment

Final Flight
I'm not trying to be mean to any skater, but how can an obviously double-footed 3A receive GOE of +0.14?

I'm on the floor with this.

Mao88

Record Breaker
LADIES SHORT PROGRAM - RESULT & VIDEOS

1. Yuna KIM (KOR) - 69.97 Short Program
2. Carolina KOSTNER (ITA) - 66.86
3. Kanako MURAKAMI (JPN) - 66.64
4. Kaetlyn OSMOND (CAN) - 64.73 Short Program
5. Ashley WAGNER (USA) - 63.98
6. Mao ASADA (JPN) - 62.10
7. Akiko SUZUKI (JPN) - 61.17 Short Program
8. Adelina SOTNIKOVA (RUS) - 59.62 Short Program
9. Gracie GOLD (USA) - 58.85
10. Viktoria HELGESSON (SWE) - 58.36
11. Mae Berenice MEITE (FRA) - 56.90
12. Zijun LI (CHN) - 56.31
13. Alena LEONOVA (RUS) - 56.30
14. Elizaveta TUKTAMYSHEVA (RUS) - 54.72 Short Program
15. Elena GLEBOVA (EST) - 54.59

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
Kostner. WTH. I cannot comprehend how a program with a fall is second-best over several clean programs. That is the worst judging of this Worlds so far.

3Z+3T, 3F, 2A is just a 3 point lead over 3T+3T(fall), 3L, 2A for two skaters with comparable PCS.

Watch Carolina repeat her Euros FS and still get 130 and medal. :rolleye:

The final flight was outrageously overmarked. Carolina being the worst, right down to Leonova.

Just saw the protocols. More judges gave -2's than -3's for Carolina's fall?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Hope Adelina and Liza kick some butts in the freeskate! I'm so pissed right now about their placements.Hope they will get those needed spots - no one needs them more than Russia, seriously =/

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
As I said, the Team Meshnov voodoo doll is working a little too well....V/T is immune because Trankov protested Kovtum going over Meshnov to Euros.

that should be a lesson, 1 men and 2 women for singles in Sochi
someone is going to be left out, lol

like I said, Menshov is laughing :laugh:

waddup

Rinkside
After watching Yuna's magnificent skate again, she should be much higher than Carolina. If Carolina got a 66.86 with a fall, a clean Yuna should have gotten at least a 72.

Yuna was so underscored. :(
So much for the consistency i was hoping for

Kinga

Medalist
I'm ok with Carolina's score because falls aren't as bad as they used to be.

How is a fall better or worse than a fall?

Never mind PCS. Does anybody seriously believe that Carolina had the 4th best TES in the SP competition? With a sit-down on a combo and tech content that isn't exactly pushing the envelope?!

This ^

Prepare for the Carolina haters...

You dont need to be a hater to state that her score is just wrong.

bramweld

Record Breaker
The worst part about the Russian problem is that Adeline has cringe worthy music and oh boy how will she handle the nerves. Alena comes back with a dreary program in which she stalks every jump. The original Flamenco program was so much better all she had to do was work and commit to it. That leaves poor Tuk with the added responsibility of bringing it. The Russian Fed is eating it big time..:no:. What is the point of doing all these rentals and working so hard on the GP if you can just send whom you want to send with whatever?:scratch: Very sad..

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Hope Adelina and Liza kick some butts in the freeskate! I'm so pissed right now about their placements.Hope they will get those needed spots - no one needs them more than Russia, seriously =/

odd but now I think of it, Liza has never skated a clean SP
she might be punished for her inconsistency and if only 2 spots
Julia and Adelina might go, hope not :no:

aftertherain

Record Breaker
Kostner. WTH. I cannot comprehend how a program with a fall is second-best over several clean programs. That is the worst judging of this Worlds so far.

3Z+3T, 3F, 2A is just a 3 point lead over 3T+3T(fall), 3L, 2A for two skaters with comparable PCS.

Watch Carolina repeat her Euros FS and still get 130 and medal. :rolleye:

The final flight was outrageously overmarked. Carolina being the worst, right down to Leonova.

Just saw the protocols. More judges gave -2's than -3's for Carolina's fall?!?!?!?!?!? :mad:

I love how Mao's 1Lo was -3 across the board and Carolina's fall was mostly -2. Maybe it's because her first 3T was good. Who knows?

Definitely smart for Kanako and her team to have put two jumping passes at the back end of her program! The overall layout of her program was refreshing actually. I mean, who does a straightline footwork sequence right off the bat?

Art&Sport

Medalist
Bitter isn't a good look.

Call it how you see it, and I'll call it how I see it. I'm not saying that Canada doesn't have good skaters. I love Meagan and Eric and they were absolutely fabulous. I enjoy watching their grit and determination too, and MT/M are wonderful skaters. I'm not a fan of Patrick, but I respect his skating. I don't respect how the judges so often cater with humongous scores, even when he has made mistakes. Patrick deserves to be in first place, but the scores were quite wacky in the mens sp.

I love W/P, G/P, and M/I, and I respect V/M's talent. However, D/W and V/M are so close in talent and it stinks the fact that V/M has to come out on top in the big ones and Canadian fans constantly dis D/W with this snobby, nose-in-the-air attitude. D/W deserved to win Worlds last season, and D/W have performed better than V/M as a whole this season. But Worlds are in Canada, and I'll be surprised if D/W win gold no matter how great they skate. PJ Kwong has already called it, "a fine cheese will win over Kraft singles." I like Osmond too, but suddenly just because Canada has some talent in the ladies division, Osmond right out of juniors is a World medal contender ... NO! Kevin Reynolds can land quads now, but no attention is really being paid to his lack of well-rounded skills, just the fact he lands quads (with some discounted URs) means Reynolds is also a World medal contender.

Call it bitter if you like. There's a lot wrong with this sport.