Joannie Rochette tight-lipped on future | Page 2 | Golden Skate

Joannie Rochette tight-lipped on future

FSGMT

Record Breaker
And the clock is ticking. Sochi is now 10.5 months away. It's tough to go from years of exhibition programs to two competitive programs, particularly a FS with 7 jumping passes. If Joannie was really contemplating a return, she would have at least been doing some serious training and maybe an International B (as Kim did) to put a toe in the water.
I think that this is the main problem: if she hasn't practiced the big tricks (3F, 3Lz, 3T+1Lo+3S) seriously in the last months, it's already almost too late... IF she wants to try to be in Sochi, she should begin training seriously right now and compete in some Summer Competition between June and July, just to let everyone know that she's really back, then try to receive at least one GP spot, if she's in good shape...

vegarin

On the Ice
Now that Osmond got the two tickets to Sochi, what are the chances that Joannie would be back? I agree that it may be difficult to medal, unless she's been practicing for at least a year, because to start now would be a bit too late for the Olympics, and the field is already so heavily crowded. But she's a graceful and elegant skater, and with how Carolina still skating (and better than ever, I think), I feel like given a bit more year, she can come back and skate wonderfully.

Okay, so I might just admit that I just want to see her skate again, regardless of medal.