Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: For Ross Miner, there's a world outside the rink

Quote Originally Posted by karne View Post
    Wow, I didn't know Ross was Australian! Maybe, since so many of you Americans don't want him, we could claim him! Australia with two spots for men at the Olympics, what a triumph that would be!
    Or Asian-American!
    Last edited by dorispulaski; 03-18-2013 at 10:33 AM.

Custom Title
    Give the kid a break!! I don't think Abbott or Dornbush or whoever will make difference. US won't get 3 spots anyway. Thanks to Max that help US keeping 2 spots. Thanks to USFS for sending Max (who was not in their radar), thanks for not sending the "well -known" elites to Worlds. Ross has potential and I won't give up on him yet.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by samba View Post
    Give the kid a break!! I don't think Abbott or Dornbush or whoever will make difference. US won't get 3 spots anyway. Thanks to Max that help US keeping 2 spots. Thanks to USFS for sending Max (who was not in their radar), thanks for not sending the "well -known" elites to Worlds. Ross has potential and I won't give up on him yet.
    I don't think anyone else would make a difference. I also don't think anyone else would be that bad.
    If you're talking about potential, here are the most to least potential

1. Jason Brown
    2. Max Aaron
    3. Joshua Farris
    4. Richard Dornbush
    5. Abbott
    6. That curly hair guy
    7. Armin
    8. Ross

With little potential and no upshot, no consistency, I hope they stop giving him inflated PCS compare to the others.

Custom Title
    Wow, I didn't know Ross was Australian! Maybe, since so many of you Americans don't want him, we could claim him! Australia with two spots for men at the Olympics, what a triumph that would be!
    I wish you could.

Good heavens! Such an explosion of passions over generic nice guy Ross Minor.

I don't dare start a thread about Richard Dornbush.

Custom Title
    Ross's 14th place at Worlds wouldn't get Australia 2 spots to the Olympics anyways but nice try guys
    Anyways, USFS loves Abbott and Dornbush and especially Brown so if the first two can be consistent next season and Brown can keep delivering on the 3a and start trying a quad so really, I think Ross being sent this year was more a function of all 3 of Abbott, Dornbush, and Brown not skating well at Nationals, not the USFS loving him so much. Plus I think now they are going to favor Max Aaron above everyone else, he keeps doing well this season and he and Gracie Gold were all the announcers could talk about at Nationals. Ross might not even get 2 GPs next season because Johnson most surely will get SA (or deserves to after being so wonderful at Challenge Cup, and the Nationals FS) and I'm sure USFS will push for Brown to get 2 spots, which he deserves IMO anyways. Ross will be an afterthought and if he wants to be in the mix again he surely can be if he steps it up and starts delivering like a Boss on the GP and Nats.

Tripping on the Podium
    Include me as a fan of Ross, and I would hardly say he is done. I think he works his butt off, and keeps getting better. I, for one, am a BIG fan, and I expect him to skate great in Boston!

Custom Title
    I can't believe that a nice guy and a nice skater like Ross has so much hate directed his way, and yet a poor sport and total headcase named Jeremy Abbott is a fricking god to some of the people on here...

Face it, you still can't handle that Ross beat Abbott fair and square - that he was almost your National Champion.

Custom Title
    I can't believe that a nice guy and a nice skater like Ross has so much hate directed his way, and yet a poor sport and total headcase named Jeremy Abbott is a fricking god to some of the people on here...

Face it, you still can't handle that Ross beat Abbott fair and square - that he was almost your National Champion.
    Abbott is a sentimental favorite for sure, but I'm pretty sure we all know he's done. As it's Ross' Olympic dream I'm afraid. Just like Abbott, USFSA will remember [with bitterness] that 14th place that cost the US a chance to regain three spots.

He can always make a comeback in the next quad(this doesn't need to be his swan song) but the Olympic dream is dead in the water.

I'm a fan of his btw...

Custom Title

Jeremy must have a large family.

Ross deserved his spot this year. No question about it, but in the future, please stop inflating him. He got his chance and he blew it. Now he's done. As simple as that. Same goes for Jeremy.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Jeremy must have a large family.

Ross deserved his spot this year. No question about it, but in the future, please stop inflating him. He got his chance and he blew it. Now he's done. As simple as that. Same goes for Jeremy.
    He's 22. He's only "blown it" once. He's not done.

Jeremy is 27. He's blown it EVERY. SINGLE. TIME. He IS done.

What are you, a secret agent of the Russian school of "oh, he's 17/18 and he messed up once, onto the scrapheap you go..."

Custom Title
    It's really a shame Ross was not able to come through for the US. That Olympic spot was his for the taking, but he just couldn't come thru...

I'm going to feel bad for the third place finisher @ Nationals. Who will it be? Farris, Brown, Dornbush, or even Johnson ???

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    With Aaron in 7th, it would mean Ross would have had to place 6th or higher...In other words, in addition to beating Max, he would have had to beat Daisuke (who finished 6th). Like that was ever a feasible goal, however Dai skated.

Ross didn't skate well, but 3 spots wasn't going to happen in any case.
    http://www.isuresults.com/results/wc2013/CAT001RS.HTM

May I point out some people say whatever and never an infraction. Nice thread, let's just skewer Ross like he landed in 24th place. Jeesh.

May I point out some people say whatever and never an infraction.
    False. Infractions/warnings are not shown to the public.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast