Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: What's gone wrong for Russian & Japan at 2013 Worlds?

Rinkside

Quote Originally Posted by Jammers View Post
    Russian single skaters are in the middle of a big transition with the kids they sent to Worlds this year. It says a lot about Men's skating in Russia when they send a untested Junior skater to Senior Worlds obviously the more Senior men are not very good. As for the Ladies this it there first Worlds as 16 year old's. They are not going to become contenders until after Sochi when they are more experienced and the older skaters finally retire.
    Agreed.Ifeel a little sorry for the russian girls so much hype around them and in there first senior worlds they are responsable for the amount of oly spots for next year.Am sure Liza will pull up some spots she seems a tough little kid but you have to worry about Adelinas nerves holding up when she is the highest placed.Leanova doest seem to be in the right frame of mind to do much just hope she doesnt drop any further.

Custom Title
    Japan is not out of it at all. The ladies have a shot at a medal and in men there is still two shots at a medal one more likely. Not the greatest skates from Tak or Hanyu or Mao or Suzuki but they can move up. The Russian ladies are a disaster. Tuk can move up but Sotnikova would have to skate also the skate of her life or Leonova to earn three spots and most likely it would be liek 5th and 8th or 6th and 7th which would mean Gold, Osmond, Wagner and Murakami would hav eto make huge mistakes too. I and K have always had problem with their levels; such a talented team too. Is it bad conditioning and work ethics? Is it I dating Morosov that is the problem. Dating coaches or people in the skating world when you are competing seems to causde a lot of problems other than G and G and maybe Klimova and Pomanenko who have had their probelms too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Japan is not out of it at all. The ladies have a shot at a medal and in men there is still two shots at a medal one more likely. Not the greatest skates from Tak or Hanyu or Mao or Suzuki but they can move up. The Russian ladies are a disaster. Tuk can move up but Sotnikova would have to skate also the skate of her life or Leonova to earn three spots and most likely it would be liek 5th and 8th or 6th and 7th which would mean Gold, Osmond, Wagner and Murakami would hav eto make huge mistakes too. I and K have always had problem with their levels; such a talented team too. Is it bad conditioning and work ethics? Is it I dating Morosov that is the problem. Dating coaches or people in the skating world when you are competing seems to causde a lot of problems other than G and G and maybe Klimova and Pomanenko who have had their probelms too.
    Its not work ethic I/K are atm just inconsistent actually both I/K and B/S
    2 ladies more like for the Olympics your right, Leonova can say godobye, she did not help her placement at all so goodbye career

Hope Julia gets one of those spots

Miserere Nobis
    I just don't think the girls can do it. There was so much pressure on them to deliver 3 spots, what with the Olympics being held in Russia next year, and I think we sometimes forget that they're only sixteen.

But to put it in perspective, Tukt is in 14th and Sotnikova in 8th. For Tukt to move up, she'll need a clean skate AND big mistakes from Li, Gold, Leonova, Meite, and/or Helgesson. For Sotnikova to move up, she'll need a FS even better than Euros and major mistakes from Asada, Suzuki, Wagner, Osmond, Murakami, Kostner, and/or Kim ( ). Of those, Osmond, Murakami, Meite, and Helgesson are the only ones with good chances of moving down after the FS, especially if Asada, Suzuki, and Wagner deliver the goods. And Sotnikova is less than a point ahead of Gracie Gold, who for all we know (and hope) will give us a US Nats-esque jumping clinic.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    I just don't think the girls can do it. There was so much pressure on them to deliver 3 spots, what with the Olympics being held in Russia next year, and I think we sometimes forget that they're only sixteen.

But to put it in perspective, Tukt is in 14th and Sotnikova in 8th. For Tukt to move up, she'll need a clean skate AND big mistakes from Li, Gold, Leonova, Meite, and/or Helgesson. For Sotnikova to move up, she'll need a FS even better than Euros and major mistakes from Asada, Suzuki, Wagner, Osmond, Murakami, Kostner, and/or Kim ( ). Of those, Osmond, Murakami, Meite, and Helgesson are the only ones with good chances of moving down after the FS, especially if Asada, Suzuki, and Wagner deliver the goods. And Sotnikova is less than a point ahead of Gracie Gold, who for all we know (and hope) will give us a US Nats-esque jumping clinic.
    Mao is not a podium lock though if she tries the 3A she might get dinged a couple of UR's
    Tuk, Gracie are good freeskaters, Sotnikova though is a plain headcase

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by koatcue View Post
    interesting view in so many ways you have first of all," with their ideals, which is a true caucasian, pure blood Russian" what's that? caucasians are not the main here, not idael 100%.where did you get that from?
    second, "It took someone with an extreme amount of resolve like Yuko Kawaguchi (now Kavaguti) to convince them that she can be a Russian" -hmm?? she is not russkaya, as we can say, but if she has her Russian passport then she IS Russian. These things are different. Nobody bullies these sportsmen=/
    "some Russians were fuming publicly about having a non-pure blood Russian"-I didn't hear anything like that not on official forums or/ especially, in the news
    DeNial (The Nile) is not just the name of a river in Egypt.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Mao is not a podium lock though if she tries the 3A she might get dinged a couple of UR's
    Tuk, Gracie are good freeskaters, Sotnikova though is a plain headcase
    I don't believe I said she was...? But I don't think Mao will finish out of the top 5. She was sixth last year, and with much poorer programs (she couldn't even land her triple axels, for goodness sake).

Tukt has been remarkably consistent in her FS, I agree. And Gold has shown that she can be, although given her recent performance at 4CC, I can't help but worry just a little bit. Sotnikova did fine at Euros, but as I said, she'll have to do better tomorrow to move up--the Russian ladies are nowhere close to a combined placement of thirteenth or less.

Banned
    this a case of misterminology, in Russia " Caucasian" does not mean white people it means people from the Caucasus Regions
    dont get how it will be racist never heard news about Kavaguti getting citizenship was protested, also Russia is more ethnically diverse than US and Canada combined

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wallylutz View Post
    DeNial (The Nile) is not just the name of a river in Egypt.
    haha..

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3