Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Moir: “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,”

Custom Title

Moir: “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,”

“We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,” Moir said. “It’s more about the 10,000 sitting behind them.”
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports...0,757103.story

Moir, always so classy........

Custom Title
    Interesting how two different articles quote him differently. Here's the National Post version

"“But I think it’s very easy this week — I think this is probably my favourite competition of my career, because I can care less about what the 11 [Judges] think, I care more about the 10,000 sitting behind them.”

vs the Hersh version “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,” Moir said. “It’s more about the 10,000 sitting behind them.”

I'm curious which one is accurate. I can believe either, truthfully.

Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post
    Interesting how two different articles quote him differently. Here's the National Post version

"“But I think it’s very easy this week — I think this is probably my favourite competition of my career, because I can care less about what the 11 [Judges] think, I care more about the 10,000 sitting behind them.”

vs the Hersh version “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,” Moir said. “It’s more about the 10,000 sitting behind them.”

Grammatically speaking, shouldn't it be "I can't care less" instead of "I can care less"? -- unless that's what he was going for.

And both are a lie. Of course you care what the judges think, Scott!

Custom Title
    I think he's saying "I can care less about the judges and think about the people in the stands"

I also agree he's not telling the truth. Hopefully it lights a fire in him like it did in the GPF 2011. They still lost, of course, but it was a great FD nonetheless.

Scott, Scott, Scott. Why can't you just skate and stop making yourself look like a twerp?

As for the grammar, "I could care less" is a sarcastic colloquialism for "I couldn't care less." It is used so frequently that many people think it's right.

Anyway, I don't see any difference,frankly, between the two versions of what Scott said. "We don't care about what the 11 judges think, we only care about the 10,000 people in the audience." And "I can('t) care less about what the 11 judges think. I care more about the 10,000 fans." Seems exactly the same to me.

Anyway, I wonder what the 10,000 thought about their SP performance, compared to Davis and White's.

I am not sure in what sense this was "probably my favourite competition of my career." He likes being in second place, more than three points behind the leaders?

Banned
    Scott Moir and Patrick Chan are definitely two of the poorest sports and arrogant people to hit the sport in my memory. That is probably why Canadian interest is so low in the sport now despite our success. Who gets excited cheering for such jerks, sorry it doesnt happen no matter how great of skaters they are.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ImaginaryPogue View Post

I'm curious as well, the tone comes across quite differently in those two quotes.

Banned
    Moir's Arrogance rearing its ugly head again

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Scott Moir and Patrick Chan are definitely two of the poorest sports and arrogant people to hit the sport in my memory. Who gets excited cheering for such jerks, sorry it doesnt happen no matter how great of skaters they are.
    agreed... chan is even worse in imho, stupid interviews, fake artistry and lots of falls (yes I know, best skating skills since ulrich salchow and three quads, blablabla)...

Custom Title
    Well, kkonas said Moir hates to lose. I think we're just seeing just how much (and how true) that is.

Interesting fact: if they do lose, they won't be able to fall back on "Tessa's injured." And that would certainly change the psychology of these two rivals, wouldn't it?

I think what Scott meant was, "We are thrilled and honored for the privilege of representing Canada in our home town. We have a lot of ground to make up on Saturday, but we will give it everything we've got." (Why doesn't Scott hire me to be his publicist? )

Custom Title
    Now Marlie do that all the time: the safe, diplomatic answer. Journalists must hate them. LOL.

Tripping on the Podium
    He could have definitely worded it differently but it may have been uttered "in the heat of the moment" . It's okay to be disappointed in the score, or in their skate, but to throw it back in the judges faces like that? Ehhh...

Quote Originally Posted by Mathman View Post
    I think what Scott meant was, "We are thrilled and honored for the privilege of representing Canada in our home town. We have a lot of ground to make up on Saturday, but we will give it everything we've got." (Why doesn't Scott hire me to be his publicist? )
    Because he'd have to pay you. And if he already has a publicist, then he'd have to pay more for being better than the one he has now!

Rosie DiManno is probably his unofficial publicist anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by WeakAnkles View Post
    Now Marlie do that all the time: the safe, diplomatic answer. Journalists must hate them. LOL.
    I wouldn't mind at all if Scott said something like, "Charlie White can't skate his way out of a paper bag and he has stupid hair. We are going to clean their clock next time out! Grrr."

But to say after a a bad skate, "I don't care what the judges think, we skate for The People." -- well, maybe next time the judges won't care what Scott thinks.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast