Moir: “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,” | Page 3 | Golden Skate

Moir: “We don’t care about what the 11 people (judges) think,”

islandpaddler

On the Ice
Country
US-Virgin-Islands
Ho, ho, ho. What a hoot to wake up to this. I really am rolling on the floor laughing. Skater Boy, you made my morning.

joyfuls

Rinkside
I don't think what Scott said was that bad...he's said some things that are way worse than this. I don't think he meant what he said to be interpreted that way.
Americans are just being overly dramatic as usual. He also added:

“We’re concerned about what we have to do in order to perform on the ice. It’s a judged sport, so it’s not like how many pucks I put in the net,” he said. “It’s 11 people who are going to decide, and it’s out of our hands. It’s not like we’re not concerned about placement. We spend our whole lives working toward this moment.”

Good grief people, don't let your biases get in the way (like the judges letting P.Chan win another controversial gold :mad:). See things for how they really are.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
I don't think what Scott said was that bad...he's said some things that are way worse than this. I don't think he meant what he said to be interpreted that way.
Americans are just being overly dramatic as usual. He also added:

“We’re concerned about what we have to do in order to perform on the ice. It’s a judged sport, so it’s not like how many pucks I put in the net,” he said. “It’s 11 people who are going to decide, and it’s out of our hands. It’s not like we’re not concerned about placement. We spend our whole lives working toward this moment.”

Good grief people, don't let your biases get in the way (like the judges letting P.Chan win another controversial gold :mad:). See things for how they really are.

Now put the two attitudes together:
1. Judges? What judges? Who cares about judges,,,We skate for The People.
2. We spend our whole lives training to impress the judges so we can win.

It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to see there's a wee bit of a contradiction (to be generous) there...

Oh by the way, thanks for doing stereotyping all Americans. How nice for you that only you can "see things for how they really are," unlike us drama queen Americans.We sure do appreciate it.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Lol @ this thread. This cheered me up this morning after that clusterfudge of a men's competition.

I don't see what's so terribly rude or arrogant about saying you're there for the audience and not for the judges. Disingenuous? Yes, I can agree it is that. Ah, Scott.

"People who say they don't care what people think are usually desperate to have people think they don't care what people think." ~George Carlin

(And I still hope they knock it out of the park in the free dance).

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Actually Rachmaninoff, I hope they ALL knock it out of the park in the free dance. It makes it so much better for everyone, especially the audience.

Just a sidebar, I live a couple of blocks away from where Rachmaninoff used to live on West End Avenue. There's a plaque outside the building. And thanks to the internet, you can even see a picture of the building (which I would love to live in, but alas I am not a multimillionaire!):
http://www.rachmaninoff.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=412

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Maybe he wants the kind of marking his buddy Chan gets, and to be given a 7 fall cushion over the field. When he doesnt get that he becomes indignant.

Actually Rachmaninoff, I hope they ALL knock it out of the park in the free dance. It makes it so much better for everyone, especially the audience.

Just a sidebar, I live a couple of blocks away from where Rachmaninoff used to live on West End Avenue. There's a plaque outside the building. And thanks to the internet, you can even see a picture of the building (which I would love to live in, but alas I am not a multimillionaire!):
http://www.rachmaninoff.org/board/viewtopic.php?f=5&t=412

Ankles, I'm so jealous. I love Rachmaninoff's music, and I'm so thrilled that such a peerless composer chose to live in our country. Someone I know went to see his grave, which is in a New York State town fittingly named Valhalla.

And like you, I hope the dancers (and the ladies ) all knock it out of the park. Hearing about so many wonderful guys strike out gave me no satisfaction whatever; in fact, it made me quite depressed. It would be like watching a baseball game or a basketball game where the final score was 1–0. (I know that that's a perfectly valid soccer score.)

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
What Moir says isn't necessarily what he really thinks. He has actually said that V/M are the greatest ice dance team in the past 10 years and should be marked that way. That's why he becomes angry and bitter when D/W win a competition.

Moir will never accept that V/M can be bested by any other team, so in the end the judges must take the blame for their wrongful judging.

Last edited by a moderator:

wonderlen3000

Final Flight
What Moir says isn't necessarily what he really thinks. He has actually said that V/M are the greatest ice dance team in the past 10 years and should be marked that way. That's why he becomes angry and bitter when D/W win a competition.

Snot Moir will never accept that V/M can be bested by any other team, so in the end the judges must take the blame for their wrongful judging.

ITA. They are just sour loser. I am what do you expect from a team, when the judges are pretty much ready to hand in multi world title and Olym gold. Not to mention, free over hype publicity from the CBC.

joyfuls

Rinkside
Now put the two attitudes together:
1. Judges? What judges? Who cares about judges,,,We skate for The People.
2. We spend our whole lives training to impress the judges so we can win.

It doesn't take a Sherlock Holmes to see there's a wee bit of a contradiction (to be generous) there...

Oh by the way, thanks for doing stereotyping all Americans. How nice for you that only you can "see things for how they really are," unlike us drama queen Americans.We sure do appreciate it.

He never said he was straight out skating for the people. He meant that since the Worlds was held in Canada it's more important to skate for the people this year.
And also, the article was from an American source. I was stating that the article was making things over dramatic over here.

Sometimes I feel like people are just making every single thing that comes out of Scott's mouth oh so terrible. And just to add, he took their loss here like a good sport this year.