18 Zijun LI CHN 12 56.31

Warm-Up Group 4

19 Ashley WAGNER USA 5 63.98
20 Kanako MURAKAMI JPN 3 66.64
21 Carolina KOSTNER ITA 2 66.86
22 Mao ASADA JPN 6 62.10
23 Kaetlyn OSMOND CAN 4 64.73
24 Yuna KIM KOR 1 69.97

Ladies' FS would be really exciting, Yuna being a last skater to skate her FS.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Wow, good placement for Kaetlyn to be.....Poor Gracie way back to 13th.....

Only if Kaetlyn doesn't get spooked skating between Yuna and Mao...

Gracie should be okay. She skated first at CoR (granted, in the SP) and won that portion of the competition.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Gracie does well when she is behind the pack her ranking skate order is on her advantage, Top 5 is within reach
cant say the same for Osmond's skating order, though she will still get a huge inflation even with Osmond's 2 falls in the LP

I notice a trend Osmond skates well when she is Canada but bombs when she is out of her comfort home zone country ( e.g. 4CC's )
Osmond should be a lock for 5th or bronze/silver medal .

1 Yuna
2 Carolina
3 Osmond

1 Yuna
2 Carolina
3 Mao

1 Yuna
2 Osmond
3 Carolina

this will be the podium selections

ForeverFish

Medalist
Looking at the start order, I'm already feeling some absurd inflation going on in the last group. But hopefully the judges have realized that a fall automatically warrants a -3 GOE and a double-footed/UR'ed jump deserves negative points.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Looking at the start order, I'm already feeling some absurd inflation going on in the last group. But hopefully the judges have realized that a fall automatically warrants a -3 GOE and a double-footed/UR'ed jump deserves negative points.

Yuna , Carolina are safe for a podium finish
also Osmond will get huge inflated scores, I think Osmond can get the silver medal if Kostner gets her FS meltdowns
Kanako's FS will be dinged with major UR's, she wont stay 3rd in the FS

YunaBliss

On the Ice
not a good position for yuna. skating last is not her favorite.

She will have to suck it up and just do it. No one is going to just hand this thing to her. But I am feeling that she is up to the challenge.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Yuna , Carolina are safe for a podium finish
also Osmond will get huge inflated scores, I think Osmond can get the silver medal if Kostner gets her FS meltdowns
Kanako's FS will be dinged with major UR's, she wont stay 3rd in the FS

Agree, disagree, agree.

I'll eat my shoes if Yuna doesn't make the podium. Carolina is less certain, especially since she had some fumbles at Euros and in her SP, but she pulled herself up last year so who's to say she can't do it again?

Osmond is just too far away, and with Asada, Suzuki, and Wagner nipping her heels. And she isn't known for skating clean in the FS, either--I think she's had one all season, and that wasn't even at Canadian Nationals.

I hate to say it because she's a lovely skater, but I don't see a medal for Kanako this year. She has too many technical issues that could spring up in the FS, and as we've seen, the judges are (mostly) sticklers for accuracy and precision.

millie

Medalist
Katelyn, here's a girl practicing at a mall rink..like she said she has nothing to lose. She came here hoping to finish in the top ten and look where she is at now. In her interview Katelyn said that she is going into the long program skating as if she is on the mall rink..no expectations...With regards to Katelyn bombing out, Gracie hasn't had a stellar season either...The problem with Gracie is that the American media has her pumped up so much, that she's the next best thing since sliced bread...It reminds me of the Gimmie Kimmie era. Now it is Here's Gracie. Gracie has been held up to to high of a standard, that she can't live up to...to much pressure..

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Agree, disagree, agree.

Osmond is just too far away, and with Asada, Suzuki, and Wagner nipping her heels. And she isn't known for skating clean in the FS, either--I think she's had one all season, and that wasn't even at Canadian Nationals.

I hate to say it because she's a lovely skater, but I don't see a medal for Kanako this year. She has too many technical issues that could spring up in the FS, and as we've seen, the judges are (mostly) sticklers for accuracy and precision.

Suzuki isn't that much stable either, Ashley we'll see if she can deliver back a clean FS but we will have to wait and see
but a clean Osmond will beat a clean Wagner, Osmond is the hometown girl, she will get huge pcs and inflated scores even with mistakes probably 120-130+ range
so No, Osmond on the podium is not out of the question.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Now let's be clear here, millie. I don't think anyone here has said anything to the tune of "Kaetlyn will bomb the FS and skid right out of the top ten." But I also don't see her holding onto fourth place with the three top ladies currently behind her and hungry to medal. And as for Gracie Gold, I agree that she's entered this competition with a ridiculous amount of pressure that she can barely handle. The USFSA needs to stop treating her like the poster girl for Olympic redemption, especially in her first senior season.

Like it or not, though, this is how the game is played at the senior international level. If you can turn the pressure into a memorable performance, then you're good to go. If you're at serious risk of falling apart (as we've seen both Gracie and Kaetlyn do this season), then you'd better figure out what's going on and fix it before the federation asks you to hang up your skates.

ForeverFish

Medalist
Suzuki isn't that much stable either, Ashley we'll see if she can deliver back a clean FS but we will have to wait and see
but a clean Osmond will beat a clean Wagner, Osmond is the hometown girl, she will get huge pcs and inflated scores even with mistakes probably 120-130+ range
so No, Osmond on the podium is not out of the question.

Osmond was sixth in PCS in the SP, and third in TES--keeping in mind that many of the other ladies made serious errors.

wallylutz

Medalist
LP is definitely a bigger challengo for Murakami as she will need to dodge more potential calls, which she is proned to.

Kostner used up her WC freebie in the SP, but it is consumed on use. If she has a repeat in the LP, her final placement may look more like the Torino Worlds in 2010.

Osmond needs to forget that this is the World Championship and skate it the best she can. Canada does not expect her to be on the podium. Anything she does now is just bonus. Skate well, and she will finish in top 10. I am not even going to guess where she may end up since it depends on which Mao and Carolina show up but I think Wagner will have a hard time passing her, the writing was on the wall in the SP.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Osmond was sixth in PCS in the SP, and third in TES--keeping in mind that many of the other ladies made serious errors.

she beat Adelina and Gracie in PCS and close to Suzuki, realistically only Mao can challenge Osmond in PCS, Osmond can score a PCS close to Carolina and Yuna !. If Osmond skates a clean FS it will score a 130+ , Mao with this panel will be a bit vulnerable in her FS

ForeverFish

Medalist
Osmond needs to forget that this is the World Championship and skate it the best she can. Canada does not expect her to be on the podium. Anything she does now is just bonus. Skate well, and she will finish in top 10. I am not even going to guess where she may end up since it depends on which Mao and Carolina show up but I think Wagner will have a hard time passing her, the writing was on the wall in the SP.

Wagner is less than a point behind, sans triple-triple. She'll be good to go if she replicates one of her GP free skates, but with a 3-3 or 2A-3T (which she mostly had clean in practice).

wallylutz

Medalist

She also skated the earliest among top 6 and with a group who scored in the 40s.

Making errors is hardly an exception for ladies these days. Besides, Wagner did not make any serious error yet she lost still. Many of the said ladies are almost always under a microscope for their rotations, which is not the case with Osmond at all. That is a huge plus already.

sky_fly20

Match Penalty
Wagner is less than a point behind, sans triple-triple. She'll be good to go if she replicates one of her GP free skates, but with a 3-3 or 2A-3T (which she mostly had clean in practice).

if she skates clean she might get on the podium
but Wagner has had 2 FS in a row with multiple errors, don't know if that will affect her mentally

I say Gracie has a higher chance of finishing the Top 5