2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 89 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

CarneAsada

Medalist
A SP with 4 Triples is already realistic for her and has been for 3 seasons in a row now. She doesn't need the Lutz. It blows my mind how her coaching team is holding her back. She could be doing either 3A, 3Loop-3Loop, 3Flip OR 3A, 3Flip-3Toe, 3Loop in the Short Program.

She should have been doing that back in 2007-08 and fixing her flutz, then attempting to bring back the Sal. Instead she did what she did, nearly lost her jumps before Vancouver, and even now is still tweaking everything less than a year before Sochi.

Edit: by "this" I mean 3Loop-3Loop, flip and 2A.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Kanako for 2nd place? I would give -GOE for almost all of her jumps. Her technique is horrible. She's luckly to even score so high. Kanako was overscored massively in TES!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Kanako for 2nd place? I would give -GOE for almost all of her jumps. Her technique is horrible. She's luckly to even score so high. Kanako was overscored massively in TES!

I agree she gets generous GOE on some of her jumps, even her clean jumps are not that good and her toe jump technique is awful and they are awful to look at even when she does them, but she also gets some unjustified < calls (no matter how fugly the jumps are rotated is rotated), and her PCS deserve to be higher than they often are.

hurrah

Medalist
A SP with 4 Triples is already realistic for her and has been for 3 seasons in a row now. She doesn't need the Lutz. It blows my mind how her coaching team is holding her back. She could be doing either 3A, 3Loop-3Loop, 3Flip OR 3A, 3Flip-3Toe, 3Loop in the Short Program.

Mao only started doing a 3A at Four Continents, so a realistic possibility to do a four triple program is only now coming into fruition. Besides, Mao won all her competitions except World this season, and so it wasn't necessary, and I think Mao and her coaching team are planning for her to peak at Sochi.

This time at World, it would have been only the second time for her to attempt a 3-axel, and so the priority was probably to get that 3-axel ratified so that they could assess the likelihood of a successful ratification. Given that Mao was able to rotate it despite the different rink size and not being able to practice it in the 5-minute warmup, their confidence level must have gone right up. Mao was so, so brave to go for it in the short.

I have heard that Mao does practice the 3loop-3loop as well as the 3flip-3toe, but I have a feeling their team feels that her 3flip-3loop has the highest chance of getting ratified. It really does look good in the practice clips. Point-wise, 3A, 3Flip-3Loop, 3Lutz would be the best of the best. If no lutz, yes, 3A, 3Loop-3Loop, 3Flip seems possible, but 3loop-3loop will probably be even more harder to get ratified than a 3flip-3loop.

I so worry about Mao's health. Both the axel and loop are very hard on the body.

Mirunna

Record Breaker

I understand the decision of not trying 3F-3T at first, since her 3T at the end of a combo wasn't very good back in 2008 but now seeing her improving her 2A-3T so much (her 3T is very high and it seems rotating it isn't a problem anymore - her UR at 2013 4 Continents was undeserved IMO- ). I think it's time to try the 3F-3T. 3L as the second jump in the combination is next to impossible to get ratified. But to be honest, it's a very risky jump content. She had only one clean SP with a 3A in 2 years and this without a 3-3.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
oh really, that win was fully deserved

Yes and you are one of the only ones who think that, LOL! Even Mao herself knows she shouldnt have beaten Suzuki there and looked embarassed by it. Had that been Worlds instead the outcry would have been even bigger than Chan's win.

Ashley winning the U.S title over Gold was nowhere near as controversial as the NHK result (and Gold was gifted in the short program to even be as high as she was there), and Carolina winning Europeans wasnt even a controversial result at all. You are living in your own World I am afraid.

Lastly you, YOU calling others trolls, ROTFL!!!!

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Yes and you are one of the only ones who think that, LOL! Even Mao herself knows she shouldnt have beaten Suzuki there and looked embarassed by it. Had that been Worlds instead the outcry would have been even bigger than Chan's win.

Mao didn't deserve to win 2012 NHK trophy. But I think that's the only win she didn't deserve. Even Yuna had one GP win with a terrible skate back in 2009-2010 season and she beat a clean Rachel if I recall correctly. Mao got her share of underscoring too sometimes. (2010 Worlds, for example). Judging errors happen, let it go. It's not the skaters fault. Fortunately it didn't happen at worlds and the placings are quite fair, in spite of 118 pages of silly argues (we all agree with the winner and more or less with the other 2 medalists).

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Huh...disgusting?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2mHrWWWdp-g

How is that disgusting? Because she bumped Kwan off the podium?

Why is it that when a poster says something negative about early-Seniors Kostner, they seem to be die-hard Kwan fans?

I dont see why Kwan fans (the ones that are) are even upset that Kostner medalled over Kwan that year. I am a Michelle Kwan myself, but Kwan skated awful at those Worlds and did not deserve a medal. I am surprised she was even as close to one as she was.

venlac

On the Ice
Mao didn't deserve to win 2012 NHK trophy. But I think that's the only win she didn't deserve. Mao got her share of underscoring too sometimes. (2010 Worlds, for example).
I remember there was a Controversy in 2008 worlds.
And she was held up by high pcs of the past two years when she was not top class and her tes was so low.
and.. would you explain what was the unfair judgment to mao in 2010 worlds?

Even Yuna had one GP win with a terrible skate back in 2009-2010 season and she beat a clean Rachel if I recall correctly.
rachel did not cleaned at SP, fall on 3-3. yuna was 17.48 points ahead in SP.
In fs, she no fall and 3lz→2lz, got "<" on two jumps, lost to clean Rachel Flatt in FS.
And Rachael Flatt's jump quality was not good at all. In 09-10 season, yuna usually win by more than 20 points difference with 2rd, and had received 200 +.(by huge TES). But in skate america, she won by 187.

Then what do you think about 12-13 coc?
In SP, 1rd=julia, 2rd=mao 3rd=mirai
In fs, julia had almost perfect program(without 3f with "e") and that program was the highest base value in that event.
mao had terrible skate. (sorry, You said "terrible skate" to yuna's program that missed at three jumps :p) 2a+3t<< / 3f< / 3lz→2lz with "e" / 3f< / 2lo<. only 3 triple jumps and no triple-triple, she win in FS.

Colanboy

Rinkside
Given Mao's recent back problems, I worry that a 3L-3L would be too physically demanding to train.
I think that Mao could try a 3F-3T, but the technical panel rarely gives Mao the benefit of doubt for her jumps.

tulosai

Record Breaker
oh really, that win was fully deserved, since a win is determined by overall score of the sp and fs, she deserved every inch of it. just because the same trolls keept screaming and trolling like they usuelly do, wont change that. let my remind you of real controversial wins:

Ashley winning the US title over Gold
Carolina winning the European championships

Are you actually claiming to have watched either of these events? It sure seems like the only skater you watch is Mao, and anyone who beats her so you can say why they should not have beaten her, no matter how flimsy your reasons.

I truly do not mean this as an insult or a slam, but it appears to be the reality of the situation. For that reason, while I do not doubt your devotion to Mao I struggle to take your opinions seriously here.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Ashley winning the US title over Gold
Carolina winning the European championships

Even Russian ghosts from Soviet era were raving about Carolina's programs. Quite a few have called it a masterpiece. Only a few people with missing ears and eyes thought Adelina should have won.
Not the same situation at all.
Mao robbed Akiko's NHK win.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I thought they would call Kanako's second 3T as UR in the SP. Look at the big hook on the ice when she landed. Same with the 3F.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t6-SnT1wRDA#t=254s

Even without UR call, the 3F should be -2 GOE instead of +1 +2 GOE.
Same with the LP, -GOE everywhere.

There's no way this girl should come close to the podium. In fact, she's lucky to place above Ashley. A lot of benefits of the doubt went her way and people think she should be 2nd?

MiRé

Match Penalty
Mao doesn't need to fix her lutz. She should just focus on 3-3 or 3A.
My guess is, Mao will not fix her jump because her current Lutz with edge call received 5.3 points(at 2013 worlds) which is practically same bv as 3F
Rather than trying to fix, and fall on a jump, it's safe to just jump a flip and say you were "trying" to execute lutz.

Smart JSF

mary01

Final Flight
Are you actually claiming to have watched either of these events? It sure seems like the only skater you watch is Mao, and anyone who beats her so you can say why they should not have beaten her, no matter how flimsy your reasons.

I truly do not mean this as an insult or a slam, but it appears to be the reality of the situation. For that reason, while I do not doubt your devotion to Mao I struggle to take your opinions seriously here.

How convenient it can be to read between the lines, everything I wrote was given a reason in my comments but of course that's not taken into consideration, and if you want me to take your comments seriously then comment on what I actually write and not what you imagine/think I say. it really would make a conversation much easier when we are talking on the same issue!

mary01

Final Flight
. Only a few people with missing ears and eyes thought Adelina should have won.
Not the same situation at all.

True it wasn't the same situation at all, Mao was Cristal clean in her sp and gave a beautiful fs with a few mistakes, Carolina on the other hand made distracting mistakes in both her sp and fs, that's a huge difference!

FlattFan

Match Penalty
True it wasn't the same situation at all, Mao was Cristal clean in her sp and gave a beautiful fs with a few mistakes, Carolina on the other hand made distracting mistakes in both her sp and fs, that's a huge difference!

Mao robbed poor Akiko. What a terrible monster! How dare she robbed sweet old Akiko!

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Anyway back on topic what do some of you think Kanako has to do in the next year to close the gap further on the top 3. Or will she be struggling to even stay up in the top 5 with the super group of youngsters who placed 6-10 at this years Worlds.