Page 105 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,561 to 1,575 of 1854

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

On the Ice
    Thank you Kim Yuna, for bringing back JUSTICE back to this sport!

Quote Originally Posted by loren View Post
    Thank you Kim Yuna, for bringing back JUSTICE back to this sport!
    Justice? Yeah, it'll be out the window again come September/October ... just you watch.

Oh wait, I think there's a WTT this year ... we'll see it sooner than expected then.

1 Yuna KIM 218.31 SP 1st (BV31.63 GOE5.16)  FP 1st (BV58.22 GOE16.51)
    2 Carolina KOSTNER 197.89 SP 2nd (BV29.93 GOE4.08)  FP 3rd (BV50.75 GOE10.59)
    3 Mao ASADA  196.47 SP 6th (BV27.15 GOE2.55)   FP 2nd (BV62.30 GOE3.66)

I just realized that even with the missed jump and downgrades, Mao still achieved the highest base value of the three in the free program. That's just mad. Mao should just scale down on her jump content and aim to skate clean.
    She should even stop practicing the triple-axel altogether, and just focus on perfecting her flip and lutz so that she can have a triple-triple combo in her short. She's already got similar GOEs to Yuna this time except the flip and lutz. As long as she can get the quality of her toe jumps up, and as long as Yuna doesn't do a loop, Mao would be able to beat her.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    1 Yuna KIM 218.31 SP 1st (BV31.63 GOE5.16)  FP 1st (BV58.22 GOE16.51)
    2 Carolina KOSTNER 197.89 SP 2nd (BV29.93 GOE4.08)  FP 3rd (BV50.75 GOE10.59)
    3 Mao ASADA  196.47 SP 6th (BV27.15 GOE2.55)   FP 2nd (BV62.30 GOE3.66)

I just realized that even with the missed jumps and downgrades, Mao still achieved the highest base value of the three in the free program. That's just mad. Mao should just scale down on her jump content and aim to skate clean.
    She should even stop practicing the triple-axel altogether, and just focus on perfecting her flip and lutz so that she can have a triple-triple combo in her short. She's already got similar GOEs to Yuna this time except the flip and lutz. As long as she can get the quality of her edge jumps up, and as long as Yuna doesn't do a loop, Mao would be able to beat her.
    Didn't you mean her toe jumps? Her loop has always been her strongest jump.

Yes, I fixed it.

Custard Title
    What benefit would Mao gain by giving up the Axel? She landed it in both programs, fully rotated, and did pretty much the same at 4CC. It was never her 3A letting her down, it was her flip and loop that betrayed her. Just like Yu-na's 3Lz-3T is less a worry for her than either the flip or Salchow, for Mao the worry is the 3-3 not the 3A.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post

Also as I noted earlier---the burden for one skater to get three spots is VERY hih. In fact, has any other skater managed to get three spots in the past? I honestly don't think so....
    1984 worlds. The USFSA stupidly did not submit alternates for worlds. Then Rosalyn Sumners and Tiffany Chin both retired. That left Elaine Zayak as the sole US lady at Worlds. Elaine, at that time, was the third place US lady. She finished 3rd to qualify 3 women for 1985.

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    What benefit would Mao gain by giving up the Axel? She landed it in both programs, fully rotated, and did pretty much the same at 4CC. It was never her 3A letting her down, it was her flip and loop that betrayed her. Just like Yu-na's 3Lz-3T is less a worry for her than either the flip or Salchow, for Mao the worry is the 3-3 not the 3A.
    We tend to think of the triple-axel as just another triple jump, but it's not. It's like a quad, and we see how with men just putting in a quad affects the rest of the program because doing one just takes so much out of them physically and mentally. So if Mao took out the triple-axel, she would have the energy to do everything else perfectly and get positive GOEs on everything. As long as her potential BV is higher than her competitors by say 3 points, and as long as she can get the equal amount of GOEs to her competitors, she would beat them.

As long as she can get her toe jumps fixed during the off season, Mao's got Yuna beat because she's got the loop, 2loop-2loop, and better step sequence and choreo spiral.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by hurrah View Post
    We tend to think of the triple-axel as just another triple jump, but it's not. It's like a quad, and we see how with men just putting in a quad affects the rest of the program because doing one just takes so much out of them physically and mentally. So if Mao took out the triple-axel, she would have the energy to do everything else perfectly and get positive GOEs on everything. As long as her potential BV is higher than her competitors by say 3 points, and as long as she can get the equal amount of GOEs to her competitors, she would beat them.
    Not having a 3A never stopped her from popping the SP loop at nationals, or underrotating her flips early in the season. There wasn't a single problem with Mao's programs that didn't appear while she wasn't trying the 3A. The removal of the old leveled spiral sequence has done more harm to her programs than the 3A ever did.

Custom Title
    Yu-Na and Mao are not rival anymore... apparently

Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    Not having a 3A never stopped her from popping the SP loop at nationals, or underrotating her flips early in the season. There wasn't a single problem with Mao's programs that didn't appear while she wasn't trying the 3A. The removal of the old leveled spiral sequence has done more harm to her programs than the 3A ever did.
    I just think training for the triple-axel takes up a huge chunk of her training time. If she stops putting in the triple-axel in her program, then she also has more time to perfect her flip and lutz, and there's less possibility of injury as well. The point is, Mao can't beat Yuna without a stable flip and lutz, but she doesn't need the triple-axel to beat her.

So many skaters have tried to come back and not even make it passed Nationals. Yuna has excelled herself into a new hemisphere in the skating world tonight. To come back that strong and skate to that level was just awe inspiring. Amazing. She just lifted the roof. Every move was so clean and perfect. She is on her own level, she will be remembered in the skating world for lifetimes. I honestly did not expect to get drawn into worlds, but I thought it was a very good competition with some very exciting skating.

I am so ecstatic!! I thought Yuna could go clean given her practices and her top physical condition this week, but to receive a score that is just two points off from her Olympic Record?! Are you kidding me?! This seems like a dream that is too good to be true, but it is real. I am opening up my best wine in the cellar to celebrate this amazing feat tonight!

Tripping on the Podium
    That was one of the greatest comebacks I have witnessed in the world of sports. Welcome back, Yuna. I missed you. I missed your seemingly effortless skating.

My favorite LP of Yuna's was Scheherazade but Les Mis succeeds the title. I was in tears. Literally.

Tripping on the Podium
    I also used to insist that Mao should give up on her triple axel but recently I'm not sure about it. Someone on twitter said 'Asking Mao to stop doing 3axel is like asking a pitcher who can throw 100miles/s with a lack of control to slow down the speed and concentrate on his control.' I can understand even if she never give up on her axel and cling on to such a slight chance. It's the thing that made her special in the first place and if I were in her shoes, it would feel like giving up my whole life.

Page 105 of 124 FirstFirst ... 5 55 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 ... LastLast