Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 1,711 to 1,725 of 1854

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I truly feel the same, I really felt nothing from Yuna's skate, it just felt like an repeated act and not her sincere feelings that was displayed. There were many moment where it just felt like turn on and off, with the expressions, which is why I really don't understand her pcs scores, but my real issue is the goe she received, it really felt overly generous on everything.
    Talking about Yuna's PCS before Mao's ? no joke.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by skates_lively View Post
    Talking about Yuna's PCS before Mao's ? no joke.
    I agree we should talk about Mao's PCS too. What's bothering you?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    I truly feel the same, I really felt nothing from Yuna's skate, it just felt like an repeated act and not her sincere feelings that was displayed. There were many moment where it just felt like turn on and off, with the expressions, which is why I really don't understand her pcs scores, but my real issue is the goe she received, it really felt overly generous on everything.
    You wouldn't be singing the same tune if Mao and Yu-Na's scores and performances had been swapped.

I agree with what YunaBliss said earlier. Not everyone needs to like Yuna's skating, and you might find it robotic or even alienating. I thought it was magical, and it looks like the crowd agreed. What bothers me is where people suggest that Yuna's skating isn't somehow "sincere", and even lacking in artistry. This is where I draw the line. You can say that her skating isn't for you, that her reserved style doesn't draw you in, but to somehow conflate your personal tastes with an assessment of she isn't artistic, and if she is she isn't being sincere about it is wrong and just speaks of personal prejudice because your favourite, whoever that might be, didn't win.

On the Ice
    LOL at people who said they didn't feel any emotions from Yuna's LP.

As a die hard fan of Les Mis, I have to disagree. She portrayed the characters so well. she was skating as if she were the characters. I especially liked when she skated to "on my own". She WAS Eponine! just full of expressions from her movements (her skating + body movements) with her facial expressions.

I think if Yuna didn't show any emotions, I would've got really upset that she ruined Les Mis performance because I love Les Mis. I got really mad when I watched the recent Les Mis movie.... especially when Hugh Jackman sung "Bring Him Home". it was terrible -_-

Custom Title
    Just wanted to say that I also thought that Kim was a marvelous Eponine.

Custom Title
    To me it seems several people didn't like Yuna's reaction after her LP performance. And it's kind of funny. What do you expect? Fist pumping, hopping around, kissing on the ice and crying like a baby?
    She had her 'Oh my God unbelievable I did my first back to back clean performances at the important competition' moment already. In 2010.
    She'd been doing clean practices all the week, and I suspect clean performances are not that rare any more for her. If she had self sureness that she could do it, and if she did what she did everyday, what's there to be overly excited?
    Yuna looked relieved, peacefully content, quietly savoring the wonderful moment of her last Worlds to me. Which was very touching to me.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Irina89 View Post
    I skipped a few pages, so I hope this question has not been asked before...do you know what was the reaction of the Russian media concernig the fact that the the third spot for the Olympics was lost?
    Rather calm actually, I mean calmer than it could be. On R-forums mostly Liza is getting blamed. Probably because she is a R-national champion, or because she is Mishin's . Some believe the R-girls were too harshly judged as a payment for B/S bronze in Ice dancing. I have no opinion on that.
    Quote Originally Posted by os168 View Post
    Would it help if you stop being brainwashed only following the Fuji broadcast but try the BBC / CBC / Universal / Eurosport / Russia Rai channels with perhaps less biased commentaries?
    How can I help you if being brainwashed is what you are demonstrating right now? You haven't watched Fuji and yet you blame them in advance for doing something wrong against Yuna just because they are Fuji. Lol indeed. Btw, what century your TV is from? You can "shut up" the commentators by pushing the button on your remote control. Precisely one of the reason why I choose JSport&others channels. Plus the quality of TV picture cannot be compred with any online options you suggested. No, thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by let`s talk View Post
    Rather calm actually, I mean calmer than it could be. On R-forums mostly Liza is getting blamed. Probably because she is a R-national champion, or because she is Mishin's . Some believe the R-girls were too harshly judged as a payment for B/S bronze in Ice dancing. I have no opinion on that.
    How can I help you if being brainwashed is what you are demonstrating right now? You haven't watched Fuji and yet you blame them in advance for doing something wrong against Yuna just because they are Fuji. Lol indeed. Btw, what century your TV is from? You can "shut up" the commentators by pushing the button on your remote control. Precisely one of the reason why I choose JSport&others channels. Plus the quality of TV picture cannot be compred with any online options you suggested. No, thanks.
    Is this some kind of hit-and-run trolling? After having created so much bad blood with your post, you neither defend or explain your position, but sneak back later, when things quiet down, to the same thread with yellow smilies, still not addressing the verbiage that afforded you five minutes of negative fame.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Jtsmith12 View Post
    Such a cute video mainly focusing on Mao and other skaters. http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=W8S-Zg3j7CA
    I found another one..
    After free program, backstage clip... yuna and mao.
    First yuna said, "Congratulations" and a handshake with mao.

http://youtu.be/z3VUKPT7EBk

Rinkside

I enjoyed 2013 worlds championship SO MUCH!

I loved Yuna, Kostner, Li and Gold's LP!

It was so much fun watching them.

I can't agree on Yuna's facial expession issue, I thought She portrayed the characters so well.

Stop hating people

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by venlac View Post
    I found another one..
    After free program, backstage clip... yuna and mao.
    First yuna said, "Congratulations" and a handshake with mao.

http://youtu.be/z3VUKPT7EBk
    i love seeing moments like these after all these two have gone through. my current FS dream is for asada and kim to skate together...
    sigh...cue in peter o'toole singing the impossible dream...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by verysmuchso View Post
    Is this some kind of hit-and-run trolling? After having created so much bad blood with your post, you neither defend or explain your position, but sneak back later, when things quiet down, to the same thread with yellow smilies, still not addressing the verbiage that afforded you five minutes of negative fame.
    I expressed my position in the original post. To reply on insults and flaming pics to my address that some Yuna fans posted here is not worthy bothering. As for "sneaking", just tell yourself that the world is bigger than France and occasionally bother to look at the poster's location that is written right under the username. I am in a different time zone and I post when I find it convenient for me. Not when I sleep and not when I work. i.e. the time when most of Europe/NA located posters take their activities here. Have no idea why I have to explain you that. The only one who is trolling here is you with lame bickering and stupid personal attack. Yawn.

Custom Title
    Don't feed the troll..

Medalist
    I'll take a Kim with poor music cuts and questionable facial expressions any day over someone like Kostner.

As for Mao, it's sad that she is no longer at her best, but I still love to see her compete and nothing can take away from the truly wonderful moments she's given us over the years.

On the Ice
    I thought Caro skated beautifully. If she was clean, I'd arguably take her over YuNa and I'd definitely take her over Mao.

Page 115 of 124 FirstFirst ... 15 65 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast