Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast
Results 1,771 to 1,785 of 1854

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Medalist
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    A SP with 4 Triples is already realistic for her and has been for 3 seasons in a row now. She doesn't need the Lutz. It blows my mind how her coaching team is holding her back. She could be doing either 3A, 3Loop-3Loop, 3Flip OR 3A, 3Flip-3Toe, 3Loop in the Short Program.
    Given Mao's recent back problems, I worry that a 3L-3L would be too physically demanding to train.
    I think that Mao could try a 3F-3T, but the technical panel rarely gives Mao the benefit of doubt for her jumps.

Quote Originally Posted by mary01 View Post
    oh really, that win was fully deserved, since a win is determined by overall score of the sp and fs, she deserved every inch of it. just because the same trolls keept screaming and trolling like they usuelly do, wont change that. let my remind you of real controversial wins:

Ashley winning the US title over Gold
    Carolina winning the European championships
    Are you actually claiming to have watched either of these events? It sure seems like the only skater you watch is Mao, and anyone who beats her so you can say why they should not have beaten her, no matter how flimsy your reasons.

I truly do not mean this as an insult or a slam, but it appears to be the reality of the situation. For that reason, while I do not doubt your devotion to Mao I struggle to take your opinions seriously here.

Custom Title
    Ashley winning the US title over Gold
    Carolina winning the European championships
    Even Russian ghosts from Soviet era were raving about Carolina's programs. Quite a few have called it a masterpiece. Only a few people with missing ears and eyes thought Adelina should have won.
    Not the same situation at all.
    Mao robbed Akiko's NHK win.

Custom Title
    I thought they would call Kanako's second 3T as UR in the SP. Look at the big hook on the ice when she landed. Same with the 3F.
    [url]http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=t6-SnT1wRDA#t=254s[/url]

Even without UR call, the 3F should be -2 GOE instead of +1 +2 GOE.
    Same with the LP, -GOE everywhere.

There's no way this girl should come close to the podium. In fact, she's lucky to place above Ashley. A lot of benefits of the doubt went her way and people think she should be 2nd?

Mao doesn't need to fix her lutz. She should just focus on 3-3 or 3A.
    My guess is, Mao will not fix her jump because her current Lutz with edge call received 5.3 points(at 2013 worlds) which is practically same bv as 3F
    Rather than trying to fix, and fall on a jump, it's safe to just jump a flip and say you were "trying" to execute lutz.

Smart JSF

Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    Are you actually claiming to have watched either of these events? It sure seems like the only skater you watch is Mao, and anyone who beats her so you can say why they should not have beaten her, no matter how flimsy your reasons.

I truly do not mean this as an insult or a slam, but it appears to be the reality of the situation. For that reason, while I do not doubt your devotion to Mao I struggle to take your opinions seriously here.
    How convenient it can be to read between the lines, everything I wrote was given a reason in my comments but of course that's not taken into consideration, and if you want me to take your comments seriously then comment on what I actually write and not what you imagine/think I say. it really would make a conversation much easier when we are talking on the same issue!

Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    . Only a few people with missing ears and eyes thought Adelina should have won.
    Not the same situation at all.
    True it wasn't the same situation at all, Mao was Cristal clean in her sp and gave a beautiful fs with a few mistakes, Carolina on the other hand made distracting mistakes in both her sp and fs, that's a huge difference!

Custom Title
    True it wasn't the same situation at all, Mao was Cristal clean in her sp and gave a beautiful fs with a few mistakes, Carolina on the other hand made distracting mistakes in both her sp and fs, that's a huge difference!
    Mao robbed poor Akiko. What a terrible monster! How dare she robbed sweet old Akiko!

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Mao robbed poor Akiko. What a terrible monster! How dare she robbed sweet old Akiko!
    Too far.

Banned
    Anyway back on topic what do some of you think Kanako has to do in the next year to close the gap further on the top 3. Or will she be struggling to even stay up in the top 5 with the super group of youngsters who placed 6-10 at this years Worlds.

Custard Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    Anyway back on topic what do some of you think Kanako has to do in the next year to close the gap further on the top 3. Or will she be struggling to even stay up in the top 5 with the super group of youngsters who placed 6-10 at this years Worlds.
    Barring a miracle, Kanako can't close the gap on the top 3 in the next year. She needs to fix her jumps even more than Mao did back in 2010. People keep saying that Mao is getting propped up by the JSF but what good does this propping up do aside from allowing her to beat Kanako and Akiko? All the propping up in the world hasn't stopped her from getting < calls left and right on jumps from Toe to Flip to Axel. What Kanako needs to do after Sochi is take the time to relearn her Flip and Lutz and clean up the Loop. Otherwise Gold, Li, Adelina, and Liza will leave her in the dust if they can keep it together.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by CarneAsada View Post
    I actually remembered the essay mainly for its incoherence and poor mechanics, but suit yourself. It wasn't your worst effort though; that would likely be the time you called Franz Liszt a composer who only wrote showoff music, described his Piano Concerto No.1 as being "classical" in style, and said it was very "German" of him (how does one get this many things wrong in such a small space?).
    Wow, someone seems bitter. I realise you are trying for an intellectual put down, but you are trying much too hard. I am just another incoherent poster. You are just another incoherent reader. We fit in on figure skating boards just fine, so what’s the problem?! DO NOT however misconstrued what I may or may not have said to attack me so personally. Any problems you have with me, please direct PM.

It took me a while to get what you are on about and when I did… just wow! Are you seriously referring to that late night whinge post I made some 2 years ago, on completely different topic on FSU relating to first impression of Kozuka’s Nausicaa Valley of the wind program?!

I am afraid your selective memories have reached the wrong conclusion. If I recall, only 1 or 2 posters commented then, including someone called M something 88? I remember saying that I don’t think Kozuka's Nacussica's valley of the wind FS program worked. I reacted strongly because it happens to be a sentimental childhood fav piece of music of mine (FYI I am visiting Museum Ghibli in Tokyo in 2 weeks time…Yipee to me!). I’ve said Kozuka doesn't have the right sort of musicality (melodic, emotionally expressive) to bring the music justice but perhaps Hanyu or Dai might do a better job. Given everything transpired since, I certainly think I was correct in my initial impression. I do vaguely recall someone did defend Kozuka saying he has great musicality with an example of his FS Piano Concerto no.1 in support. In which case I agreed that was a great choice for him, given the music construct was designed to showcase the technical virtuosity of the pianist rather than describing any story telling through music expressions. Lizst wrote his Piano when he was just 19. Young, restless, and a yeah a bit of a ‘show off’. My personal experience with 19 years old music prodigies may have influenced my views but from the busy notes, bold original use of chords used as powerful motifs one can almost see the youngman basking in his own brilliance and utter glory as he perform the Piano like some rockstar of his days. This loud and proud virtuosity piece compensate Kozuka quieter nature and complement his impressive technical presentation skills with little room needed to be particularly emotionally descriptive – a weakness of Kozuka’s artistry. I remember teased that Lizst’s Piano No.1 was very German like in approach – methodical, restless vanity basking in its own supremacy (Lizst - after all was the founder of New German school of music, and me being a proud Brit is certainly required to tease everything German due to our own inferiority complex) Where the supremacy of techniques themselves became the main focus rather than the aesthetics or the emotional resonance. It became an exercise of clinical efficiency, control, complexity and technical superiority. The music then overwhelms the audience through demonstration rather than inviting audience’s participation at will. Now feel free to disagree with THAT view, but DO NOT convolute my ‘essay’ 2 years later on topics that has nothing to do another to ...um...bamboozle me?

Where to start? "Only saving grace"? Sure, brush off 1/3 of the entire program as if it doesn't exist and attack the rest as empty if that suits you. Just don't think it'll convince everyone else. And really, Swan Lake same as Liebestraume? It's about as similar as Yu-na's Giselle and her Les Miserables. Speaking of Giselle, I have to say if that wasn't a complete slaughter of what the composer intended, what is? Were you saying exactly the same during Giselle? Tarasova's intention during Swan Lake was clear: blatantly frontload the program, then do all the choreography once that's finished. This was true for Ladies in Lavender, and even for all of the programs Tarasova did for Yagudin, who is three times the performer Mao will ever be.
    Where to start? Once again you are exaggerating and misconstruing several posts all once. Write multiple paragraphs is wrong, summarise too little is wrong. I do wish you make your mind up so at least you can be 50% less aggravated and I can be 50% happier. Fair? :P Take my “artistically dishonest” criticism of the Swan lake program for example; I am referring specifically to the creative decisions not to make references to black swan or white swans when specific black/white music sections were being performed. It is basic 101. It IS Swan Lake! Black and White swans are integral part of the story. (Imagine skating to Carmen as a catholic school girl. You get me?) It seems obvious. You do white swan, you act like white swan, you skate to black swan you skate like a black swan. What is so hard to understand? To continue to ignore the obvious through lack of care is lazy and ignorant. It is artistic truancy which one simply don’t expect from the world’s bests. Can you honestly be surprised someone will have something negative to say? I don’t know where you come up with all the other stuff from that are completely unrelated to original point that was made. Sounds like you have some unresolved pend up feelings, I suggest you go and watch some more Mary Poppins to calm yourself down and do some singalongs ♫ One spoonful of sugar makes the medicine go down.. medicine go down- ohhh medicine go down~~

How fascinating. I intensely dislike Liza and consider Adelina far superior. Li Zijun is wonderful, and she's Chinese (a plus for my ethnic pride)! Mao's Bells to me was probably her 2nd or 3rd-best LP, and Liebestraume after Japanese Nationals 2010 was my least favorite (you can talk about Masquerade but at least she had her pristine spirals there).
    Well we agree on a few things, disagree on some. Is it really that fascinating? Sounds normal to me. I still don’t know why anyone would ‘intensely dislike’ anyone. I am however definitely pro Liza, pro Julia among the Russians. Pro Mirai, pro Gracie, pro Karen Chen among the US ladies. I really like Zi Jun not because of her nationality or any ethnic pride (although I too share), but because I like the fact she is a lovely breath of fresh air among all the over hyped teenagers, who were being told to skate mature or act mature when they are clearly not. I personally think Julia has been treated most unfairly for being 13 and do what she can do. If she is from the US or Canada, she certainly would have been treated quite differently. I do love the fact Li was consistently under hyped, but actually got the goods and will earn her PCS through hard work and proven results instead of media/federation hype. She has a lot of work to be done still (see the fan thread I made for her), but I do hope she will follow the foot step of the greats including Yuna Kim, to consistently pushing herself no matter what and don’t take things for granted. I look forward to her progress. Hope nobody forces her to mature too quickly and she get to keep some of the unique qualities suited to her age.

Wicked Yankee Girl dorispulaski's Avatar
    Guys, this thread is about the 2013 World Ladies LP. I had to look up to check the thread title. Please be kind to each other, a bit?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by pangtongfan View Post
    She needs to skate consistent, like she's done the last 3 competitions this season. Her score is getting up, her PCS are improving and she is getting noticed by the judges. Her SP is strong, with the 3T-3T and 3F in the second half. She is most likely done growing and her jumps survived even though her technique is not that strong. She already skates much better than she did last season. If she continues to put on the ice clean skate after clean skate, she'll build some reputation and probably her jumps won't be scrutinized so much as they are today (she is never given the benefit of the doubt. I don't want to start another argue but Caro's 3F-3T looked mighty close on replay, Kanako would have never got away with it).The youngsters who placed 6-10 at this years Worlds may still suffer some body changes in the next couple of years.

Forever stuck on those steps Li'Kitsu's Avatar
    Kanako most likely won't close the gap on the top 3 until Sochi. But I think she has really good chances to at least keep up with the next ladies squad. Yes, it would make sense to improve her jumping technique, but I'm not sure she'll get a true Lutz. With the current jugding system, it's not a big deal though, really. End except for Liza, all of the younger girls have one jump giving them trouble.
    PCS-wise, Kanako is already very good. Of course she should still work on her SS, but she had really good choreo for the last two seasons (SP + FS!), and she has grown into such an artistic skater. She's musical and performs with a very rare and lively kind of energy. From those 5 younger girls, only Adelina and Kaetlyn should be able to keep up in PCS, the other three for now still need work.

Oh, and Kanako was 5th last year at worlds, this time she was 4th (and at her first worlds she was 8th). So a nice upwards trend there. If Yuna and Carolina don't skate at next years worlds, since it's after the Olympics, winning a medal is definitly not out of reach for Kanako

Page 119 of 124 FirstFirst ... 19 69 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120 121 122 123 124 LastLast