2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

dwiggin3

Final Flight
Tukt really has to be stopped by the costume police. This and her SP costumes are 1) almost identical 2)not flattering to her body 3) kind of objectively ugly 4)very dark/dank in tone

LOL...I find that as of late, most of the Russian skaters, of all disciplines have really bad costuming....

neraiselle

On the Ice
For those in the UK, BBC is showing this on TV on the blue button (?) on channel No. 301. Perhaps it's available on iPlayer too? Anyway, I didn't know until my husband tried for me, and it is on TV! I only discovered this just now for the last event on the last day! :(

LRK

Record Breaker
Swedish Eurosport is now on - I'm guessing British might be as well. Well, I'm off - wish I had the Brit Eurosport guys for company! (Why can't one choose language?!)

jatro

Rinkside
Tukt really has to be stopped by the costume police. This and her SP costumes are 1) almost identical 2)not flattering to her body 3) kind of objectively ugly 4)very dark/dank in tone

Lol...we're thinking the same...why the black pants, just can't understand. :confused:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

Snarking on figure skating costumes is one of life's little joys, doncha think?

:yay:

socksthecat

Rinkside
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I stumbled across this forum for the first time two days ago. I'd like to thank you all for posting links to live Internet feed of these world championships. I am a longtime fan of figure skating, but I live in Mexico (although I'm American) and usually am able to watch figure skating on You Tube only. Watching the World Championships live is fantastic, like a dream come true. And reading all of your comments during and after the competition has also been fantastic. I find myself laughing out loud very often.

I am especially interested in these last three groups of ladies, especially since I have only seen the free skates of Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold this season (I was able, to my extreme delight, to watch this year's US Championships live by buying a large outdoor antenna, since I live near the US/Mexico border). In the past I was never really moved by Yu-Na, so it will be interesting to see if that has changed this year. I was never really a fan of Kostner either and have not seen her winning skate from last year. But again, I'm ready to be wowed. I've read a lot about Katelyn Osmond in these threads and am curious to see her, and I became a Mao Asada fan back in...I think it was 2008? when she won the silver medal.

Again, thank you all for your links and for your very entertaining comments!

tulosai

Record Breaker
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I stumbled across this forum for the first time two days ago. I'd like to thank you all for posting links to live Internet feed of these world championships. I am a longtime fan of figure skating, but I live in Mexico (although I'm American) and usually am able to watch figure skating on You Tube only. Watching the World Championships live is fantastic, like a dream come true. And reading all of your comments during and after the competition has also been fantastic. I find myself laughing out loud very often.

I am especially interested in these last three groups of ladies, especially since I have only seen the free skates of Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold this season (I was able, to my extreme delight, to watch this year's US Championships live by buying a large outdoor antenna, since I live near the US/Mexico border). In the past I was never really moved by Yu-Na, so it will be interesting to see if that has changed this year. I was never really a fan of Kostner either and have not seen her winning skate from last year. But again, I'm ready to be wowed. I've read a lot about Katelyn Osmond in these threads and am curious to see her, and I became a Mao Asada fan back in...I think it was 2008? when she won the silver medal.

Again, thank you all for your links and for your very entertaining comments!

Welcome!!

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Post often and post long, socksthecat! We're glad to have you here. :) At times, we're a bit over-the-top and snarky, but we don't bite--Promise!

Welcome, Socks! Hope you enjoy the Ladies' FS and don't end up on the floor in nervous exhaustion the way we all did for the Men's FS. Good luck to all skaters, and to all viewers!