2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

mateusp1

On the Ice
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I stumbled across this forum for the first time two days ago. I'd like to thank you all for posting links to live Internet feed of these world championships. I am a longtime fan of figure skating, but I live in Mexico (although I'm American) and usually am able to watch figure skating on You Tube only. Watching the World Championships live is fantastic, like a dream come true. And reading all of your comments during and after the competition has also been fantastic. I find myself laughing out loud very often.

I am especially interested in these last three groups of ladies, especially since I have only seen the free skates of Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold this season (I was able, to my extreme delight, to watch this year's US Championships live by buying a large outdoor antenna, since I live near the US/Mexico border). In the past I was never really moved by Yu-Na, so it will be interesting to see if that has changed this year. I was never really a fan of Kostner either and have not seen her winning skate from last year. But again, I'm ready to be wowed. I've read a lot about Katelyn Osmond in these threads and am curious to see her, and I became a Mao Asada fan back in...I think it was 2008? when she won the silver medal.

Again, thank you all for your links and for your very entertaining comments!

Welcome!

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Sonia LAFUENTE (ESP)

Music: West Side Story by Leonard Bernstein

3F
2Lz
3Lo+2T
CCoSp
3T - minor stepout
3Lo - turnout
LSp
2T
2A - forward landing
FCCoSp
StSq
ChSq

She looks disappointed. A couple of big and small mistakes

FS: 41.22 + 46.00 = 87.22
Tot: 139.66, in 5th (out of 7)

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Hello! This is my first time posting here. I stumbled across this forum for the first time two days ago. I'd like to thank you all for posting links to live Internet feed of these world championships. I am a longtime fan of figure skating, but I live in Mexico (although I'm American) and usually am able to watch figure skating on You Tube only. Watching the World Championships live is fantastic, like a dream come true. And reading all of your comments during and after the competition has also been fantastic. I find myself laughing out loud very often.

I am especially interested in these last three groups of ladies, especially since I have only seen the free skates of Ashley Wagner and Gracie Gold this season (I was able, to my extreme delight, to watch this year's US Championships live by buying a large outdoor antenna, since I live near the US/Mexico border). In the past I was never really moved by Yu-Na, so it will be interesting to see if that has changed this year. I was never really a fan of Kostner either and have not seen her winning skate from last year. But again, I'm ready to be wowed. I've read a lot about Katelyn Osmond in these threads and am curious to see her, and I became a Mao Asada fan back in...I think it was 2008? when she won the silver medal.

Welcome! :)

tulosai

Record Breaker
Lafuente is just ok for me. Talk about someone who seems to have no personality on ice, I think she's much worse than poor Kexin Zhang. But technically I think for her that was close to her best, so I am happy for her.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Yeah... I thought the same.

Hope she skates well and clean.

I do too. I'm something of a closet fan of Leonova, despite the fact that I don't love her skating. I guess something in me wants to root for the underdog, especially when the other kids are constantly picking on her :)

FTnoona

Final Flight
Lafuente looked like she didn't want to be on the ice from the start of her program. Didn't try to sell the program at all.

sweetskates1

Medalist

Yes! Thank you to all the members of the board! I love sharing the passion for figure skating with you! I feel like I am part of a dysfunctional family with very good values! :) :yay:

jatro

Rinkside
Wow. Didn't know that Jenna is still competing! I wish luck to her along with the British commentator.

sask8

Rinkside

Welcome...glad you could find us :clap:

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Now I don't feel so badly about missing Sonia. It's too bad when a skater conveys that they would rather be somewhere else.

McCorkell is having some problems with popping jumps today. :/