3F+2T - 3F twofooted, close to the boards, so stepout
3S - fall, looked <
3F+2T
2A<< - stepout
StSq
ChSq
CCoSp
CSSp

She looks disappointed. Very messy, with costly mistakes. This will not score well...

FS: 48.11 + 55.65 - 1.00 = 102.76 (SB)
Tot: 159.06 (SB), in 1st

jatro

Rinkside
Too many little mistakes by Leonova along with a fall....I guess this doesn't bode well for her olympics chances.

Icey

Record Breaker
OMg alena, telegraphing, little in between falling Blame it on the New Jersey food lol

dwiggin3

Final Flight
That rink is definitely smaller than what they're used to. So many skaters have either been close to or have crashed into the boards!

Doesn't the event organizer have to adhere to ISU standards? Which size rink does ISU require and what are they use to training on? I guess I would have thought at this level, rink size would not be an issue.

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Alena is so forced amid that funeral music. World silver medalist, r u kidding me?
The 2nd group is starting to unravel, going downhill..

socksthecat

Rinkside
I also noticed her eyes for the first time today- really gorgeous!
I was thinking the same thing. She looks much prettier with her hair like that, as opposed to when I saw her with that sort of bowl-cut Slute hair (which looked fine on Slute, not so much on Leonova). Nice green eyes.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Now it all depends on Liza: if she skates a FS like the European one, there are still some chances, but she has to skate really well and go into the top10 at least...

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
Technically that was a mess but she certainly threw her soul into that so it was weirdly compelling to watch. I almost felt like I was rubbernecking.

And yes, she's grown into her face. Lovely eyes.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Doesn't the event organizer have to adhere to ISU standards? Which size rink does ISU require and what are they use to training on? I guess I would have thought at this level, rink size would not be an issue.

Me too. I'd like to know. I have noticed a lot of skaters bumping up close to the boards, even the very best ones, so I am very curious.

ImaginaryPogue

Record Breaker
Good lutz for Alena, but when the jumps are not there, you can really see how weak her SS are and how empty this program is, with long preparations for the jumps and almost no transitions... (But it will still receive 55+ PCS)

Why did you have to be so right?