2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Kissx3

Final Flight
Russians arent keeping 3 spots unless it is a disaesterously skated event in the last 2 flights at this point. Even if Sotnikova skates well she will probably finish 7th or 8th now if the whole final flight skates reasonably well. Yet that is where Tuktamysheva would have to finish (with Sotnikova pulling way up to 4th or 5th). Would be a miracle right now.

Right, yeah. She had too much ground to make up. There are still fully 9 girls, 10 with Sotnikova who can beat that. So not without a splatfest.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
I wish it was tomorrow at 2 so I could actually watch this.

Man, the Russian singles contingent isn't having a good go of it.

tulosai

Record Breaker
I thought the score was too high for that performance.

Just to be clear I wasn't commenting on my opinion but on her reaction. I thought the score was about right- I wouldn't have had it any higher though. She looked very upset and was shaking her head.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Elena GLEBOVA (EST)

Music: Black Magic Woman by Carlos Santana

3Lo - fall
3T+2T
2A
3T+2T
LSp
StSq
3S+2T+2T
3S
2A
FSSp
ChSq
CCoSp

4 clean triples, but only toe loops and salchows. Her whippy double axels don't get any lift, but she lands them.

FS: 47.70 + 51.20 - 1.00 = 97.90 (PB)
Tot: 152.49 (PB), in 3rd (out of 11)

suzukifan27

Match Penalty
Just to be clear I wasn't commenting on my opinion but on her reaction. I thought the score was about right- I wouldn't have had it any higher though. She looked very upset and was shaking her head.

She's always very demanding in terms of scores. She's never been happy with those marks. LOL.

jatro

Rinkside
I doubt Sotnikova will place high enough. Russia will only have 2 spots

I agree. But you never know, if Sotnikova perform all her jumps should could be right up there. But that's a big if since she's been so inconsistent this season.

tulosai

Record Breaker
Right, yeah. She had too much ground to make up. There are still fully 9 girls, 10 with Sotnikova who can beat that. So not without a splatfest.

I count 9 with Sot who I think could realistically beat it but I do think there is still an outside shot they could get 3 spots. I'd put the odds right now at about 20-25% that they will get them, 75-80% that they won't.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
It all depends on how Sotnikova skates. Could go either way.

Sotnikova would have to medal (which is hugely unlikely as things sit now). Even then it might not be enough as Tuktamysheva is not certain to come around 10th with that final score. I predict by nights end Russia is far from that 3rd spot, when before Worlds I would have said they would be very close, and had a good shot to get it.

lilshorty

On the Ice
I agree with everyone's sentiments about Liza. Great jumps, but needs work on spins, speed, and a better costume.