2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 23 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

neraiselle

On the Ice
I noticed her lovely spins too, nice positions speed and centering:)

Guess Petrenko and Zmievskaia are teaching her well! I really enjoyed seeing her perform as it is always nice to see a skater performing to one's full potential.

Last edited:

ForeverFish

Medalist
Sotnikova is going to have to bring it if she wants to keep 3 spots for Russia.

It may not happen even then...Tukt will almost certainly be in the bottom of the top ten, so Sotnikova will have to climb over a lot of people.

I really admire Popova's consistency. She's the most consistent female skater that is competing at the moment probably.

But she needs some charisma and personality. And more flow out of her jumps. And a dance coach.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I'm American too but I think the current crop of Russian female skaters are better. I really want to see Sot, Tukt, and Lipt ALL at the Olys... and think all 3 deserve to be there. I love the Americans too but I think the fact that most people admit there are no 2 Americans we could have sent to guarantee 2 spots is telling.

Either way in my dream world both countries get 3 spots. In my real world we will see.

Not really. Both American girls are better than all 3 Russians they sent here. The fact that Russia sent 3 girls who can't keep 3 spots is also telling they don't deserve 3 spots. yes?

Ugliness doesn't need to be at the Olympics. I can skip both Liza and Alena, and if Adelina brings her wild beast LP to the Olympics, then I don't care for her either.

jamie

On the Ice
Glebova's jumps hardly seem to lift off the ice.

I wonder how annoying it is for American and Japanese fans seeing the likes of McCorkell and Glebova constantly make the world champs when there are girls who come 10th at sectionals with more skills.

This is like a poor European champs at the minute. There was honestly more talent in the first two groups of junior worlds. Also, is Petrenko not bothered with teaching Popova how to generate any kind of speed. She may as well take off her boots and walk.

Chemistry66

Mmmmm, tacos.
Record Breaker
Any year other than this would be a lot less painful for the Russian ladies to lose three spots, just when home turf Olympics is going to hit.

I wonder how Sotnikova/Tuktamysheva/Leonova are going to feel if (and likely WHEN unless Sotnikova medals AND a couple of other skaters falter greatly) they don't get the three spots for Sochi. For a 22 year old and two 16 year olds, lot of pressure.

fairly4

Medalist
Not really. Both American girls are better than all 3 Russians they sent here. The fact that Russia sent 3 girls who can't keep 3 spots is also telling they don't deserve 3 spots. yes?

Ugliness doesn't need to be at the Olympics. I can skip both Liza and Alena, and if Adelina brings her wild beast LP to the Olympics, then I don't care for her either.[/QU
No post answer

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Ok, that's what I thought but I wasn't sure. I was like, if that's her SB after Nats, we're in big trouble.