Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    she beat Adelina and Gracie in PCS and close to Suzuki, realistically only Mao can challenge Osmond in PCS, Osmond can score a PCS close to Carolina and Yuna !. If Osmond skates a clean FS it will score a 130+ , Mao with this panel will be a bit vulnerable in her FS
    Osmond is still a rookie and fairly young. I hope you aren't try to jinx her or anyone. I am not sure what it is about world's but it brings out all these posters who rarely post and all sorts of outrageous comments that you want to believe are for academic skating discussion but some of them have overtones of something else. But i digress, If Osmond does skate clean she could eek out just over 130 yes that is true.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    Osmond is still a rookie and fairly young. I hope you aren't try to jinx her or anyone. I am not sure what it is about world's but it brings out all these posters who rarely post and all sorts of outrageous comments that you want to believe are for academic skating discussion but some of them have overtones of something else. But i digress, If Osmond does skate clean she could eek out just over 130 yes that is true.
    Osmond scored a 29 in PCS in SP and that was skating even in the near first Group
    she will be on the last Group if she skates clean she can get a 65-70 PCS range and with clean technical mark she can score a 130+ LP or higher

Miserere Nobis
    Wasn't Kostner's FS clean last year? And she just barely missed the 130 mark...?

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by ForeverFish View Post
    Wasn't Kostner's FS clean last year? And she just barely missed the 130 mark...?
    Nope, she doubled the second 3F, had only 5 triples and none of them were 3Lz. If she's clean here she'll get over 130 by some way IMO

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by Mirunna View Post
    Nope, she doubled the second 3F, had only 5 triples and none of them were 3Lz. If she's clean here she'll get over 130 by some way IMO
    Thank you.

Then clean Kostner will be in the high 130's, and clean Kim may even break 140. Clean Asada (unlikely, if she's sticking with her triple axels) will be around Kostner. Clean Wagner in the mid-130's, clean Murakami (if she doesn't get dinged for UR's) in the low 130's, clean Suzuki in the low to mid-130's, clean Osmond and Gold should just barely eke past 130, clean Sotnikova in the low to mid 130's.

On the Ice
    Here is how i see the top 5 faring:
    Barring a major catastrophe, I think this is pretty much a lock for Yuna. Caro will probably skate well - she seems happy with this FS. I hope she does skate well - it really is a lovely program (even though it is my least favorite piece of Ravel's). Murakami is unpredictable, so Mao may make a charge and replace her in the standings. Love Mao's FS. Practice reports say that Osmond is consistently landing her 3Lz-3T. Is this a change to her program? If so, then a clean skate could put her in medal contention - that'd be really cool to see! And as for Wagner, as much as I am rooting for her, I can't help but feel that her FS lacks that X factor that could push her from 5th to the podium.

Custard Title
    Thank you.

Then clean Kostner will be in the high 130's, and clean Kim may even break 140. Clean Asada (unlikely, if she's sticking with her triple axels) will be around Kostner. Clean Wagner in the mid-130's, clean Murakami (if she doesn't get dinged for UR's) in the low 130's, clean Suzuki in the low to mid-130's, clean Osmond and Gold should just barely eke past 130, clean Sotnikova in the low to mid 130's.
    Clean Kostner this year isn't the same as clean Kostner last year. If she's clean this year she WILL break 140. A clean Kim would barely get there. People are still in the 2010 mindset of Yu na Kim highest PCS but as we can all see, that's not happening anymore and, due to lower BV and lower GOE, she WILL get much lower numbers on TES than she did at the Olympics.

Clean Mao, sadly, will probably never happen. But given her 4CC scores she would easily break 140 if she gets her 3A, 3F-3L, and 2A-3T ratified along with landing the 3S.

Custom Title
    A clean Mao, Kim, or Kostner will all break 140. The PCS scores for veterans, are practically as generous as they were at the Olympics. If Carolina and Mao top 130 after flawed skates at Euros and NHK, you better believe they'll top 140 if they go clean. Their PCS is already going to be set at a mark higher than the field and with a clean performance that will be boosted even higher.

It's going to be a tall order for Osmond to medal because she's already at a disadvantage before even stepping out on the ice. I can picture the same thing that happened in pairs today (and, really, the ladies' SP) happen in the ladies FS tomorrow. I'm hoping the crowd reaction from pairs will goad the judges into a fairly marked competition for men's and ladies.

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by CanadianSkaterGuy View Post
    A clean Mao, Kim, or Kostner will all break 140. The PCS scores for veterans, are practically as generous as they were at the Olympics. If Carolina and Mao top 130 after flawed skates at Euros and NHK, you better believe they'll top 140 if they go clean. Their PCS is already going to be set at a mark higher than the field and with a clean performance that will be boosted even higher.

It's going to be a tall order for Osmond to medal because she's already at a disadvantage before even stepping out on the ice. I can picture the same thing that happened in pairs today (and, really, the ladies' SP) happen in the ladies FS tomorrow. I'm hoping the crowd reaction from pairs will goad the judges into a fairly marked competition for men's and ladies.
    The difference, IMO, is that at NHK and especially Euros, Mao and Carolina (respectively) were the class of the field. It almost didn't matter how anyone else skated because everyone knew going in who would win the crown. Yes, Mao's NHK FS was a disaster, which is what made her win so controversial, but I think Worlds is a different story. Here, there are at least a few skaters who can beat them, and I think the judges will reward points accordingly.

But why do you say that Kaetlyn's already at a disadvantage? The crowd cheers louder for her than for anyone else.

On the Ice
    Ashley always skates her best long program when she is down. After US Nationals we know Gracie can do the same.

Banned

But why do you say that Kaetlyn's already at a disadvantage? The crowd cheers louder for her than for anyone else.
    ITA, this will give Osmond a huge boost and could propel her for silver or bronze medal,

but I have this cringe with the audience and really disturbing
    They only cheer and clap when its from their countrymen, terrible audience

Custom Title
    It's not terrible. Geez. Haven't you ever heard of "root, root, root for the home team, if they lose it's a shame"? There is nothing wrong with some national bias. And to say they're not clapping for other teams is just silly. Even over the TV you can hear loads of clapping and cheers. Of course it's not as loud as for the home team. It doesn't work that way. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the audience who know the Canadians personally. They'd cheer for their loved ones the loudest no matter what.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    It's not terrible. Geez. Haven't you ever heard of "root, root, root for the home team, if they lose it's a shame"? There is nothing wrong with some national bias. And to say they're not clapping for other teams is just silly. Even over the TV you can hear loads of clapping and cheers. Of course it's not as loud as for the home team. It doesn't work that way. I'm sure there are plenty of people in the audience who know the Canadians personally. They'd cheer for their loved ones the loudest no matter what.
    Im not saying its wrong to cheer for your country of course you should
    but you should also provide support/cheers for other skaters even if its not from your country
    some of the skaters when they skated the audience was deathly silent that all was missing was getting a cricket to make a noise

Skating is art, if you let it be. Blades of Passion's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Fruit Loops View Post
    There is nothing wrong with some national bias.
    Actually there is.

Nobody with a brain should really care about where someone is born in this day and age. It's all one World and we are all sitting here connected to each other.

Let's try to have biases that actually mean something.

Then again, you might as well clap clap clap the hardest for those who also live up in that frozen wasteland called Canada. Lord knows you people need to generate heat somehow.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Blades of Passion View Post
    Actually there is.

Nobody with a brain should really care about where someone is born in this day and age. It's all one World and we are all sitting here connected to each other.

Let's try to have biases that actually mean something.

Then again, you might as well clap clap clap the hardest for those who also live up in that frozen wasteland called Canada. Lord knows you people need to generate heat somehow.
    In life I would agree with you. But this is a sport. So yeah, I don't see the problem with national bias.

And yeah, it's freezing! Don't begrudge us this chance to get warm!

Page 3 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 53 103 ... LastLast