Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 75 of 1854

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

  1. #61
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    Canadian conspiracy again? How would you explain D/R's medal in pairs'? Home-grown inflation? No, they won that medal fair and square--and deservedly so.

    Kaetlyn (#4) skated a fantastic SP--she sold the hell out of that program and scored above Ashley (#5), who didn't have a 3-3, did a 3Lo for her single triple, and skated tentatively. #6-9 in the SP had definite noticeable flaws in their jumps. As for the LP, don't count your chickens before they hatch. There are a number of factors that could happen that would place Kaetlyn on or off the podium--without home-grown inflation.
    Osmond will have pcs cushion skating in last Group so even with 2 errors I think podium for Osmond is not out of the question
    Mao's jumps might be scrutinized and she seems worried with Yuna, Kanako will not stay 3rd in the FS for sure.
    while not always, the rallying crowd will give Osmond and motivation giving enough boost and with Canadian Inflation her Lp can score a 130-140+ range

  2. #62
    Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond will have pcs cushion skating in last Group so even with 2 errors I think podium for Osmond is not out of the question
    Mao's jumps might be scrutinized and she seems worried with Yuna, Kanako will not stay 3rd in the FS for sure.
    while not always, the rallying crowd will give Osmond and motivation giving enough boost and with Canadian Inflation her Lp can score a 130-140+ range
    The highest she's ever scored was 115. Besides, you're forgetting Akiko Suzuki, who only scored 3 points less than our newbie senior Canadian--if that girl skates like she did at NHK (126) or 4CC (124), I doubt a non-clean Katelyn can beat her (4CC).

    Clean Kaetlyn probably, which takes me to my next point ... why can't a clean Kaetlyn stand on the podium if everyone else falters? And why are you already predicting that she'll make two errors?

    And don't count Kanako out "for sure". We all counted D10 out after the men's SP ... and we were all completely wrong.

  3. #63
    Custom Title ks777's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2003
    Posts
    2,059
    so we all agree that Osmond will win a medal.

  4. #64
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    1,032
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    so we all agree that Osmond will win a medal.
    I don't "agree". I don't think she will medal. She might if she skates clean, and everyone doesn't deliver to their potential.

  5. #65
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    The highest she's ever scored was 115. Besides, you're forgetting Akiko Suzuki, who only scored 3 points less than our newbie senior Canadian--if that girl skates like she did at NHK (126) or 4CC (124), I doubt a non-clean Katelyn can beat her (4CC).

    Clean Kaetlyn probably, which takes me to my next point ... why can't a clean Kaetlyn stand on the podium if everyone else falters? And why are you already predicting that she'll make two errors?

    And don't count Kanako out. We all counted D10 out after the men's SP ... and we were all completely wrong.
    Osmond skating with minimal errors will recieve a HIGHER PCS than Suzuki, Wagner, Murakami
    Kanako is not a good FS and will b dinged by UR's.

    the closest locks for a podium are Yuna, Carolina and Osmond
    If Chan can medal with multiple falls, why it wont be possible for Osmond who is skating in home ice too ?

  6. #66
    Ya'll just need to ignore it. aftertherain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    2,305
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond skating with minimal errors will recieve a HIGHER PCS than Suzuki, Wagner, Murakami
    Kanako is not a good FS and will b dinged by UR's.

    the closest locks for a podium are Yuna, Carolina and Osmond
    If Chan can medal with multiple falls, why it wont be possible for Osmond who is skating in home ice too ?
    We thought she might be dinged on URs for all jumps in the SP yesterday evening ... she wasn't, and now she's practically tied in second/third. I still don't think Osmond is a lock. Potential? Definitely. Lock? No.

    Because Chan has multiple years on the senior level and she only has <1. If you think about it, after all these years, it's really only been ISU putting PChiddster on a pedestal. D/W and V/M skate so close most of the time that it can go either way.

  7. #67
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    7,379
    Quote Originally Posted by aftertherain View Post
    We thought she might be dinged on URs for all jumps in the SP yesterday evening ... she wasn't, and now she's practically tied in second/third. I still don't think Osmond is a lock. Potential? Definitely. Lock? No.
    Kanako wasn't dinged also last 2012 Worlds in the SP, its in the FS she crumbles
    so if you compare to the others not named Yuna or Carolina, Osmond is a lock for a podium

  8. #68
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    73
    Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    ITA, this will give Osmond a huge boost and could propel her for silver or bronze medal,

    but I have this cringe with the audience and really disturbing
    They only cheer and clap when its from their countrymen, terrible audience
    That is totally not a true statement as I am one of those in the the ladies audience, and every skater received applause. You know who received the loudest? Mao and Kaetlyn , and why is that because they were pretty much the only two that actually engaged the audience, had fun, and had uplifting music, it's hard to sit thru 34 skaters with very slow and depressing music it was very draining. I really wish the ladies would start skating to fun and faster music. Can't wait until they are allowed to have words I think that will help!

  9. #69
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    72
    I'd hate to take Kanako out of the running, but seeing her track record, it's hard to put her on the podium even with the lead she has on some of the other ladies. Her PB is 117 and I agree that with a clean skate, Osmond will overtake her (I predict high 120's to low 130's for Kaetlyn). Now though, it was surprising to many of us that Kanako didn't get dinged on any of her jumps, if this holds true, what's been holding her back in terms of competing with the top class has disappeared, plus, her artistry really has improved over the last few seasons. Personally, I REALLY hope that Akiko skates lights out because her program is one of my all time favorites now. I was hoping that she would be given the PCS that she deserved, but she's not in the last flight and that'll really play against her. She's not technically as strong as her other competitors, but she has good form and when she hits there's no doubt that she's world class. And Mao... I don't know what to say because it's so hard to predict what she's going to do with her program layout (as if that was simple beforehand). I'll let any speculation go for now and just hope for the best.

    Now onto the Americans. From what I've heard, Ashley has been landing her difficult combinations in training. I hope to whatever, that she can deliver. Her PCS have decreased from her GP assignments, but if she can score in the mid-high 60's in TES with no 3-3 or 2A-3T she can definitely score just as well if she adds at least one of them. Ashley really just needs to stay where she is in placement and I'd be able to say that she did her job, especially since we're not really counting on her to medal. Gracie just needs to skate clean, if she can do that, the American ladies have a very good chance at regaining 3 spots. If that moment arises, it'll be EXTREME vindication for Ashley, as she still considers it her fault that the US lost the 3 spots in the first place.

    Throughout this post, I've been saying hope a lot, and that'll continue with Yuna. She has never liked skating last, but skating clean is the magic word as of now. I really want a ladies champion, scratch that, a ladies competition that is conducted well.

  10. #70
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Location
    California, USA
    Posts
    72
    Quote Originally Posted by waterblades View Post
    That is totally not a true statement as I am one of those in the the ladies audience, and every skater received applause. You know who received the loudest? Mao and Kaetlyn , and why is that because they were pretty much the only two that actually engaged the audience, had fun, and had uplifting music, it's hard to sit thru 34 skaters with very slow and depressing music it was very draining. I really wish the ladies would start skating to fun and faster music. Can't wait until they are allowed to have words I think that will help!
    In my personal opinion, the no lyrics policy for music is a trademark of figure skating. I believe that it allows for a more variety of interpretation because there's only so much you can do with the lyrics saying one thing. And, again, this is also my personal opinion, I think it's important for the skaters to connect and portray a story to the audience, but that doesn't mean that the music needs to fun and uplifting. Sometimes you can just make do with a beautiful routine, and not something that can be clapped along to.

  11. #71
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    233
    I'll quit figure skating the very day lyrics are allowed in singles.

  12. #72
    Kwan's vodka dealer VIETgrlTerifa's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    Newark
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    I'll quit figure skating the very day lyrics are allowed in singles.
    So we won't be seeing you once the 2014-2015 season starts? :(

  13. #73
    Custom Title
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Posts
    233
    Quote Originally Posted by VIETgrlTerifa View Post
    So we won't be seeing you once the 2014-2015 season starts? :(
    The 2014 Olympics will be my Swan Song (without lyrics)

  14. #74
    One does not simply skate into Sochi MaiKatze's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2012
    Location
    Any Other World
    Posts
    857
    Will lyrics really be allowed from 2014 on? Whose idea was that? Even that Aguilera wailing in Sotnikovas program gives me headaches and that are not even lyrics. Urgh.

    Anyway, I'm so sad that Akiko is skating this early. This almost guarantees her a low placement even if she skates the LP of her life. And the O program is the most beautiful LP of the season, I agree with all the lovers. I wish for Mao to do well, but I think she would be lucky with a bronze medal. I think Yuna has it in the bag. She is so consistent. But I really wonder why she came back. I don't sense the fun and the enjoyment in her at all. My impossible wish is that Kanako will win the Gold. It won't happen, but it would be so awesome. And I think she would be the one who would be the happiest with her win from the current top 3. I just don't want her to bomb in her LP. I could watch her SP forever, it was so beautiful.

    I like Kaetlyn Osmond. She seems lovely and very lively. It is true that some performances lack spice and to have a skater like her in the mix is always exciting. I wish for her and Gracie Gold to do well, too. They are the future of their countries, and it's nice to have as many nationalities as possible in the top ten.

  15. #75
    Simply the best. l'etoile's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    1,056
    Quote Originally Posted by waterblades View Post
    That is totally not a true statement as I am one of those in the the ladies audience, and every skater received applause. You know who received the loudest? Mao and Kaetlyn , and why is that because they were pretty much the only two that actually engaged the audience, had fun, and had uplifting music, it's hard to sit thru 34 skaters with very slow and depressing music it was very draining. I really wish the ladies would start skating to fun and faster music. Can't wait until they are allowed to have words I think that will help!
    Really? From what I've been reading in other forums, that wasn't the case

Page 5 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 55 105 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •