Go Gracie, Go Ashley, make us proud!
6 pages in this thread and still there are 8 and a half hours before the competition begins!
Hi everyone, I know that the ladies event starts at 7PM, but does anybody know when Group 3 takes the ice?
According to the ISU website, Group 3 will take the ice around 9 PM.
Wonderful, we get to see it live on CBC..Goodluck girls....My favourites..Go Katelyn, Go Gracie...
Six Point Zero
Here's hopefully how Yuna's LP will go in tonight's free skate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GxKmca5n8Yo (Yesterday's practice.)
She has just been so solid all week. If she can contain her nerves and maintain her focus again like Thursday, there's no reason she can't go clean and win tonight. Carolina and Mao will not have the luxury of knowing how Yuna will skate. Will that add to or relieve the pressure on them?
Great, thanks so much!
Originally Posted by vera01
Does anyone know of any link to watch the ladies free program?
Alguien sabe de algún link para ver el programa libre de las chicas?
I don't like Gracie skating first in her group. That means more skaters who could finish ahead of her.
Freeskate will be between this three, I think
question will be how big is the gap ?
Does it make a difference across the same group, since it's not the last one (where inflation will run rampant)? In any case, she seems to skate better when she goes first--there's less pressure to deliver than if she had to take the ice after another lady skated lights-out.
Originally Posted by Jammers
My thoughts for tonight:
1. Yuna: If her practices are any indication, the FS is hers to win (but also to lose). Consistency has never been an issue with her, and she thrives under pressure, even when she skates last (which, as I understand, is not her favorite). We could be looking at our World Champion here.
2. Carolina: She needs to go clean, which didn't happen at Europeans. Her lack of 3Lz and 3F will handicap her when you consider the technical content of the other ladies in her group. I don't think the judges will hold her up again if she makes serious errors. First place is still within her reach, but only if she sells her program like we know she can and Yuna has some missteps.
3. Kanako: As lovely as she is to watch, she'll need to be technically flawless to keep her place. URs will not be her friend with this tech panel, and I'm fearing that she'll have a repeat of 4CC, where she skated very well in the SP and then got dinged with URs in the FS. I just don't see her staying where she is.
4. Kaetlyn: Despite the "Chanflation" scandal, I don't believe she can afford more than one mistake and make the podium with the current depth of the field. She could skate like she did at the Skate Canada Challenge, but a clean FS hasn't really been in her repertoire this season. She is undoubtedly in the top ten, which will secure 2 spots for Canada at the Olympics.
5. Ashley: What's this I hear about her landing her difficult combos? All she needs is one of her GP skates (preferably TEB), plus a 3-3 or 2A-3T. She can do it, and a medal isn't out of the question if Murakami and Osmond aren't clean. Like she said, she needs to be aggressive and get those three spots back at any cost.
6. Mao: She has a gorgeous, content-packed program--my main concern is whether or not she can land her eight triples. She was incredibly lucky to have her 3A ratified in the SP, but it's still a clearly unreliable jump for her. She'll need all of those triples to land on the podium, I'm afraid, but she's unlikely to go clean.
7. Akiko: She'll either hit or miss. She probably won't replicate her bronze medal from last year's Worlds, but she is a true joy to watch. My hope is that she stays consistent throughout her program.
8. Adelina: Please don't melt down. Please. The thought of another CoR-esque FS from her gets me shaky and cold, so I'm going to rewatch her Euros FS to stay optimistic. I hate to say it (and I hope it isn't on her mind during the skate), but she is the only one who can pull the Russian ladies back into three-spot territory. She'll need to be absolutely clean to have any chance of moving up.
9. Gracie: This would be the time to skate a US Nationals FS. She won't score big in PCS (60 would be pushing it), but her TES could easily be the highest of the night if she does what we've seen her do. She's skating first on smooth ice, which is a benefit, and from what I can tell, she and Ashley are hell-bent on getting those three spots back. They're so, so close. It all comes down to tonight.
12. Zijun: Okay, one question: Where the hell is she pulling her strength from?! Seriously, I want to take her out for McDonald's. But, in all honesty, she may overtake Viktoria after the FS. It all depends on if she can deliver, especially with her technical content.
13. Alena: I think she'll be staying around the same area. Personally, even with the jump errors, I felt that her score for the SP was too low. But the judges seem to be overlooking her now, and in the extremely unlikely event that she skates clean, she'll probably still be dinged for jump "mistakes." She isn't going to be Russia's savior this time around.
14. Elizaveta: Oh, Liza. I'm probably looking forward to her FS more than anyone else's. In all honesty, even clean (which we've seen her do), it'll be a tall order to crack the top ten unless Akiko, Adelina, or Gracie mess up big-time. She needs to keep her head down and do what she's capable of, because worrying about Russia's three spots will doom her.
There's nothing wrong with Ravel's Bolero, it's just the horrid arrangements that skaters use, starting with Torvill & Dean, then S/S (I had to turn the sound off), and now Kostner. Listen to the full orchestral version - it's a masterpiece!
Originally Posted by happyskate6
Try this one, from Latvian TV: http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lice...autostart=true
Originally Posted by checo
I watched the men last night, but it kept freezing for the first two groups. Luckily it warmed up for Peter Liebers who had a really satisfying skate.
Skate Canada is aiming for triple gold from Chan, Osmond and V/M. Now that they got one, I'm sure the remaining two will get with major Chanflation.