2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 69 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

ranjake

Final Flight
This was the most underwhelming performance from Yuna I remember seeing. Great jumps but the program was meh. She deserves better choreography.

Oy- I have to agree. I understand she was on a MISSION here; and technically met her goal- and I believe she is the rightful winner- but... I look forward to her inspiring some kind of passion next season. Amazing achievement from Yuna- but very workmanlike- but maybe she had to be,

gmyers

Record Breaker
No matter what happened with leonova and makarova sotnikova and tuktamisheva were supposed to be better than them and they were far worse when both leonova and makarova were of equal experience.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
Yes. Nats next year will be a bloodbath.

Isnt Radianova age ineligible. In that case there are really only 4 women fighting for 2 spots- Sotnikova, Tuktamysheva, Leonova, and Liptnitskaya. If Leonova skates anything like she has this year she has no chance, so that leaves only 3 really.

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
That's just funny how for all the talk of the Russian super infants or whatever they're called, the Russian women are the ones who lose one spot, and the US, with its women's program in the doldrums for years, gets that third spot back. I normally hate to get all nationalistic, but right now I wish I was at Sarah Palin's house, so I could give Russia the bird.

And if you were they might actually see you do it on her front porch (just move that dead moose out of the way first).

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
Yahooooo! Fantastic day at the arena! Thanks to all the forum (s) folk I met up with who added to the enjoyment.
Old tired but happy coyote off to bed.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
maybe because it's really difficult if not impossible to skate if you cannot breath with your nose..

I wouldn't know; I'm a mouth breather myself so pinching off my nose completely would not bother me in the slightest. But I suppose if you're not used to breathing that way, it would be a big distraction.

Totentanz

Ursula Gumennik
Medalist
Very beautiful high quality competition!!! Congratulations Yuna Kim, she deserved to win!! After a bad men's competition, those ladies really made me happy! Carolina was super, Mao was really good. And also congrats to US ladies for taking 3rd spot back and especially Gracie Gold for that performance caught my whole heart! Such a high level competition tonight we have watched! I'm just full of happiness. Kanako Murakami has proven herself, and little Zijun she skated like a future champion!! Russian girls did their best with that much pressure on them. I think getting 2 spots is well for Russia, because their talents are so young that sometimes injuries happen and they are passing through puberty. Remember they couldn't decide whom to send to Worlds this year. A really beautiful competition to remember, like an olympic event! Just one thing makes me sad: Akiko Suzuki couldn't deliver her best. Not her day...

FTnoona

Final Flight
Bolero is not my cup of tea, but Carolina's skate made me like it a little.
I was so happy that Mao didn't unravel after the first two flawed jumping passes. She continued fighting the whole entire time.
Yuna just laid it down and showed the world that after two seasons, she jumps as well if not better than she did in Vancouver.
The veterans really brought it.

I wouldn't know; I'm a mouth breather myself so pinching off my nose completely would not bother me in the slightest. But I suppose if you're not used to breathing that way, it would be a big distraction.

You can't be a mouth breather as a competitive athlete.

Gymfan15

On the Ice
Bolero is not my cup of tea, but Carolina's skate made me like it a little.
I was so happy that Mao didn't unravel after the first two flawed jumping passes. She continued fighting the whole entire time.
Yuna just laid it down and showed the world that after two seasons, she jumps as well if not better than she did in Vancouver.
The veterans really brought it.

The crazy thing is, Yuna is the ONLY skater whom I can watch and not even consider the possibility of her falling. It just...doesn't happen. Wouldn't happen. She's INSANELY secure.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
No matter what happened with leonova and makarova sotnikova and tuktamisheva were supposed to be better than them and they were far worse when both leonova and makarova were of equal experience.

agree...not worse but they won't be contenders with these seniors + some of these amazing young girls from China, US and Canada

kimganos

On the Ice
Oy- I have to agree. I understand she was on a MISSION here; and technically met her goal- and I believe she is the rightful winner- but... I look forward to her inspiring some kind of passion next season. Amazing achievement from Yuna- but very workmanlike- but maybe she had to be,

ITA, great performance but not inspiring but maybe it came across differently live cuz the people were out of their seats.

gmyers

Record Breaker
Pool for Sochi skaters is actually very thin for Russia. Jr worlds qualification may be fierce and cutthroat so these seniors can place 9 and 10 or not make the top 10