Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Skate Canada is aiming for triple gold from Chan, Osmond and V/M. Now that they got one, I'm sure the remaining two will get with major Chanflation.
    If D/W make some tiny bobbles V/M will win Gold
    Osmond will not win gold ( there is Yuna, Carolina ) but is likely a bronze lock

Quote Originally Posted by Becki View Post
    I don't "agree". I don't think she will medal. She might if she skates clean, and everyone doesn't deliver to their potential.
    I don't agree either. I think podium for Osmond, while a possibility, is extremely unlikely and would require a lot of help from others.

Quote Originally Posted by sky_fly20 View Post
    Osmond skating with minimal errors will recieve a HIGHER PCS than Suzuki, Wagner, Murakami
    Kanako is not a good FS and will b dinged by UR's.

the closest locks for a podium are Yuna, Carolina and Osmond
    If Chan can medal with multiple falls, why it wont be possible for Osmond who is skating in home ice too ?
    I'm going to go on the record as saying I expect both Ashley W. And Akiko S. to receive higher PCS than Osmond.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I'm going to go on the record as saying I expect both Ashley W. And Akiko S. to receive higher PCS than Osmond.
    except Osmond is skating in the last Group, No way will she get a lower PCS than Murakami, Ashley or Akiko

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by wonderlen3000 View Post
    Skate Canada is aiming for triple gold from Chan, Osmond and V/M. Now that they got one, I'm sure the remaining two will get with major Chanflation.
    .It is strange American and Russian ladies can aim for gold (they are young, therefore they have energy to get it) Canadian lady can not even aim to be in the first 10 (she is young, therefore should stay in her place and look at her betters - Americans and Russians).

Tripping on the Podium
    I agree. I do not think Osmond will medal. If she does she will have to get a lot of help from other skaters. I think she has done well to place where she is in her first World's. So far she has handled the pressure. The LP is a longer time and more time to make errors. If she hits the top five it should be a dream come true. If she remains in the top 10 good for her. So far she is enjoying the moment and doing well at the same time. I hope she keeps that wonderful smile on her face all through the long. She has made Canada proud and I hope it continues to-day for her.

jfdw

Tripping on the Podium
    "Don't be afraid to give up the good and go for the great."
    Ashley posted this on her twitter. I guess this means we can look forward to either a 3-3 or a 2A-3T.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by tulosai View Post
    I don't agree either. I think podium for Osmond, while a possibility, is extremely unlikely and would require a lot of help from others.
    Ashley is one point back. In the SP, both skate clean, Osmond win. In the LP, both skate clean, Osmond will win. Remember, there's the point deficit.
    Akiko is 2-3 points back. In the LP, both skate clean, Osmond will still win. If Akiko makes any mistake in the LP, she's off the podium.
    Kanako will have at least 3 URs and stay in 6th or 5th.

At this point, Osmond doesn't need any help from any other girls. She just have to be clean. If she's clean, there's no way Ashley or Akiko can beat her, given clean Ashley can't beat clean Osmond in the SP, and Akiko has bigger deficit to cover.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by FlattFan View Post
    Ashley is one point back. In the SP, both skate clean, Osmond win. In the LP, both skate clean, Osmond will win. Remember, there's the point deficit.
    Akiko is 2-3 points back. In the LP, both skate clean, Osmond will still win. If Akiko makes any mistake in the LP, she's off the podium.
    Kanako will have at least 3 URs and stay in 6th or 5th.

At this point, Osmond doesn't need any help from any other girls. She just have to be clean. If she's clean, there's no way Ashley or Akiko can beat her, given clean Ashley can't beat clean Osmond in the SP, and Akiko has bigger deficit to cover.
    exactly, a clean Osmond WILL beat a Clean Ashley and Akiko

Custom Title
    I think a clean Akiko might beat a clean Osmond in the LP, but not enough to make up the deficit in the SP.
    A clean Ashley will not beat a clean Osmond, just like in the SP.

The real question is can Osmond skate clean?

Osmond can't catch Kostner and Yuna. Kostner has 1 fall + 1 step out advantage over Osmond in the SP.
    In the LP, more elements, PCS doubled, etc... Kostner should extend that to at least 2 falls + 1 step out advantage over her. On top of the deficit from the SP, I'd say Kostner is locked for at least silver. Yuna is also locked for at least silver.

Quote Originally Posted by Krislite View Post
    Here's hopefully how Yuna's LP will go in tonight's free skate: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=GxKmca5n8Yo (Yesterday's practice.)
    Thank you for that. It was just what I needed after the men's adventure last night. If she skates like that she will win.

By the way, I really like her practice costume. As the ISU rule book puts it, "attire appropriate for an athletic competition."

That said, I hope Mao makes the podium.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by jfdw View Post
    I agree. I do not think Osmond will medal. If she does she will have to get a lot of help from other skaters. I think she has done well to place where she is in her first World's. So far she has handled the pressure. The LP is a longer time and more time to make errors. If she hits the top five it should be a dream come true. If she remains in the top 10 good for her. So far she is enjoying the moment and doing well at the same time. I hope she keeps that wonderful smile on her face all through the long. She has made Canada proud and I hope it continues to-day for her.

jfdw
    I agree with this. I don't get why people think she shouldn't get a good result because she's new or young. But I do think there are several ladies who can beat her at her best when they're at their best. I am just proud of what she has accomplished already. Even if she has a fall or a few mistakes I will still enjoy watching her. A top 10 is really the highest of Canadian expectations. We may hope for more though.

Saying that, really hope that Yuna skates lights out! And for Suzuki to make a comeback up the standings. I really enjoy her LP this year. And I want ALL the ladies to skate clean. Last night, the final 2 flights started out promising and then went downhill from there.

Down With It
    If that moment arises, it'll be EXTREME vindication for Ashley, as she still considers it her fault that the US lost the 3 spots in the first place.
    I don't think so. She's being a bit hard on herself in this sense.

Everyone from that era had a hand in it - Meissner was in a slump and managed only 7th (she may have been able to be 4th-5th if clean)...not much was expected out of Bebe Liang but she did well for herself finishing 10th...and of course, Wagner's inexperience led to her 16th. But - there were SEVERAL opportunities presented to get that spot back which Wagner had nothing to do with. in 2009, Czisny fell twice in the SP which pretty much eliminated the possibility of a 3rd Vancouver spot. In 2010, Nagasu melted down in the FS, coughing up another opportunity (which came back to bite her in 2011 when SHE was 3rd at Nationals). In 2011, Flatt decided to skate injured at Worlds...ditto for Czisny in 2012...the list goes on and on. Honestly, there really isn't one person that this predicament can be blamed on. In fact, it can be argued that even USFS can partake in the shared blame (for reasons that have been talked about many times).

Rinkside
    Quote Originally Posted by xabia View Post
    Try this one, from Latvian TV: http://www.ltv7.lv/files/player-lice...autostart=true

I watched the men last night, but it kept freezing for the first two groups. Luckily it warmed up for Peter Liebers who had a really satisfying skate.
    Thank you!

Gracias!

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I don't think so. She's being a bit hard on herself in this sense.

Everyone from that era had a hand in it - Meissner was in a slump and managed only 7th (she may have been able to be 4th-5th if clean)...not much was expected out of Bebe Liang but she did well for herself finishing 10th...and of course, Wagner's inexperience led to her 16th. But - there were SEVERAL opportunities presented to get that spot back which Wagner had nothing to do with. in 2009, Czisny fell twice in the SP which pretty much eliminated the possibility of a 3rd Vancouver spot. In 2010, Nagasu melted down in the FS, coughing up another opportunity (which came back to bite her in 2011 when SHE was 3rd at Nationals). In 2011, Flatt decided to skate injured at Worlds...ditto for Czisny in 2012...the list goes on and on. Honestly, there really isn't one person that this predicament can be blamed on. In fact, it can be argued that even USFS can partake in the shared blame (for reasons that have been talked about many times).
    You make a valid point, and I completely agree, but even when Nagasu melted down she still managed 7th place. Of course she could have done much better but I still find that a fairly impressive showing. And I think Flatt's decision to compete injured at Moscow was definitely worse than Czisny competing at Nice. Flatt knew she was injured, Czisny didn't know she was until later on.

Page 7 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 57 107 ... LastLast