2013 Worlds Ladies FS | Page 71 | Golden Skate

2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Icey

Record Breaker
You can't be a mouth breather as a competitive athlete.

THE BOTTOM LINE: Just breathe. It doesn’t matter whether you’re breathing out of your nose or your mouth while you exercise. When you’re working hard, you’ll have to breathe through your mouth to take in enough oxygen. But if concentrating on your breathing helps keep you calm or mentally focused while training and competing, go ahead. Just don’t force yourself to breathe out of your nose if it isn’t comfortable—it won’t improve your performance.

http://www.outsideonline.com/fitness/fitness-coach/Should-I-Breathe-Through-My-Nose-or-My-Mouth.html

:rofl: :laugh: :p

I'm sorry, Ziggy, I really like and respect you as a poster, but this...:laugh::laugh:

Movements not fully extended, toes not pointed, pretty much the same facial expression throughout, not a lot of eye contact with the judges (if at all). In the SP this was all offset by the fact that there was busy upper body movement throughout (that she seemed to deliver a bit better as well). But in the FS, it was rather sparse. Element layout was pretty standard as well. I didn't find anything interesting or exciting about the program itself. She definitely deserves more interesting choreography.

koatcue

Medalist
Country
Russia
Akiko has to be somewhat worried here. Miyahara beat her at nationals and Hongo is breathing down her neck.

Adelina and Elizaveta didn't really do badly here. If Liza hadn't completely bombed the short and Adelina had performed just slightly better in both segments they may have had it.

they are mediocre...I hate this state - either you good or not! being in the middle isn't an acomplishment..Liza is small and has bad ss. Adelina has bad jumps. They won't be better than this. No "it" in them=/ Osmond and Gracie surprised me - they di what it takes and perform! + they have less experience and already causing waves. Contenders

R.D.

Record Breaker
I have to agree Kim's program didn't do much for me - still an amazing effort though, and that's with time off too.

Amazing that Kim has maintained such consistency of both skills and temperament for so long, and even after a hiatus. I'm so thrilled to have an athlete of this quality skating in the present day, not back there in the times of legend. And Mao on the podium too! Just magnificent all around.

cooper

Medalist
Movements not fully extended, toes not pointed, pretty much the same facial expression throughout, not a lot of eye contact with the judges (if at all). In the SP this was all offset by the fact that there was busy upper body movement throughout (that she seemed to deliver a bit better as well). But in the FS, it was rather sparse. Element layout was pretty standard as well. I didn't find anything interesting or exciting about the program itself. She definitely deserves more interesting choreography.

hoping that david can come up something new in the oly season..

proud of yuna!!! what a crazy ride for her after the olympics!

congrats to the top 3!!

So everything they told us about deep breathing turns out to be not true? :p

Plus the calming down aspect psychologists mention as well. I don't know any research on it but I do feel much calmer if I breathe through my nose and focus on it. Maybe that's because somebody told me it works. :p

It's figure skating though. Can you imagine skaters opening their mouth to breath throughout their program. It would look ridiculous. ;)

ks777

Record Breaker
I just came home. I am so happy for Gracie! well done Gracie and Wagner. 3 spots for the Olympics!!! I am so excited!

aftertherain

Record Breaker

She delivered an AMAZING performance, but I really have to agree with these bolded points.

ks777

Record Breaker
Akiko has to be somewhat worried here. Miyahara beat her at nationals and Hongo is breathing down her neck.

Adelina and Elizaveta didn't really do badly here. If Liza hadn't completely bombed the short and Adelina had performed just slightly better in both segments they may have had it.

They're expected to dominate for some reason I don't get. It reminds me of last year when Adelina debuted on the GP and got two bronze medals and that was somehow a huge disappointment.
If Ando decides to come back next season, I don't think Akiko will make it to the Olympics.

hurrah

Medalist
And incidentally, technically speaking, Mao has just become the first woman to land 7 triples in history.

aftertherain

Record Breaker

Miyahara might've beaten her at Nationals, but let's face it, she deserved some UR calls that she absolutely did not get ... until Junior Worlds. Akiko's jump technique and magical artistry are definitely superior to that of the little one's.

MiRé

Match Penalty
I am speechless...............Skating last has more than enough pressure, but it didn't matter to Kim....

CNY_Skater

Rinkside
Yu Na is fierce! And she's maintained her fitness and prepared well for this, but yeah she didn't skate in competition for a whole season so she's definitely well rested.

not competing for the GP season before entering WC is more of a challenge than an advantage.
Yuna made it look so easy to comeback like she did tonight, but many people concerned about
her fitness level.
Flatt and Rochette are well rested as well but I just don't see them suddenly coming back to a major event
and perform at their top form like Yuna did today. Yuna is just exceptional both physically and mentally.

pangtongfan

Match Penalty
And incidentally, technically speaking, Mao has just become the first woman to land 7 triples in history.

I dont know what on earth you are speaking of unless you meant 8. Tons of women have landed 7 triples in history. Technically Mao landed only 4 or 5 clean triples that would be ratified as successful though, so even that wouldnt be history of any sort. I do give her credit for going for such a gutsy jump layout and standing them all up though. I still think she might be better focusing on quality over quantity, but then again she cant ever beat a clean Kim or clean Kostner purely by quality and PCS so has to go for more difficulty. In that sense she has a quandry on her hands.

Puchi

On the Ice
It's figure skating though. Can you imagine skaters opening their mouth to breath throughout their program. It would look ridiculous. ;)

Jeffrey Buttle called. He said "Please don't call me ridiculous" ;)

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker

I agree with you in terms of the choreography, element layout. It was not the most interesting program by a long shot. But still I was moved, and whilst I've admired her in the past I have never been moved by her. One of those times when the performance totally outshone everything else. Who can understand these things?