Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Worlds Ladies FS

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by aero View Post
    You make a valid point, and I completely agree, but even when Nagasu melted down she still managed 7th place. Of course she could have done much better but I still find that a fairly impressive showing. And I think Flatt's decision to compete injured at Moscow was definitely worse than Czisny competing at Nice. Flatt knew she was injured, Czisny didn't know she was until later on.
    I don't agree with that last point - but we won't get into that debate again.

Anyway, the fact that Wagner is willing to volunteer herself as the scapegoat for this mess we're in says a lot about her character. I wish her - and Gracie Gold - the very best of luck tonight.

Tripping on the Podium
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    I don't agree - but we won't get into that debate again.

Anyway, the fact that Wagner is willing to volunteer herself as the scapegoat for this mess we're in says a lot about her character. I wish her - and Gracie Gold - the very best of luck tonight.
    Good call, and I wish the both of them good luck as well.

If Gracie nails everything, she should be in the top 7, I think. So I am hoping Ashley to be in the top 6.

Well, good luck to both our US women. It would be super great to see Ashley on the podium and have our 3 spots back for an Olympic year. Whatever Ashley did that made her a 2 time national champion was wonderful. So nice to see her staying up top.

Down With It
    Quote Originally Posted by ks777 View Post
    If Gracie nails everything, she should be in the top 7, I think. So I am hoping Ashley to be in the top 6.
    Y'all forget sometimes - that's a really, REALLY BIG if!!

Miserere Nobis
    Quote Originally Posted by R.D. View Post
    Y'all forget sometimes - that's a really, REALLY BIG if!!
    Whatever she did to prepare for the FS at US Nationals, she needs to replicate here. No ifs, ands, or buts.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by KwanIsALegand View Post
    Well, good luck to both our US women. It would be super great to see Ashley on the podium and have our 3 spots back for an Olympic year. Whatever Ashley did that made her a 2 time national champion was wonderful. So nice to see her staying up top.
    OK, slight OT and maybe a bit boneheaded, but I'll ask anyway: given our current line-up of skaters, who would be the third skater sent, and what is the benefit for the US (as distinct from the interests of the fortunate third skater in question)?

The third skater could be any number of people. Gao, Nagasu, Cizney, Hicks, Zawdawski, etc.

I think the main benefit is that once you have three solid spots, it's a lot easier to maintain them then it is to get them back. So the benefit wouldn't be for Sochi as much as it would be for the next quad where the US will hopefully be looking to better results and a deeper field.

Currently frozen as a popsicle Chemistry66's Avatar
    Boo. CBC was airing the FD live and they're not airing the Ladies live.

Custom Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Puchi View Post
    The 2014 Olympics will be my Swan Song (without lyrics)
    Mine too. Shall we have a farewell party!!!! lmao

Miserere Nobis
    Eight pages and the event hasn't even started yet. The GS boards are going to crash tonight, I predict.

Custom Title
    Do the judges have a separate computer so they can quickly determine what pcs to give a skater so they can force the ranking to be what they want.

Quote Originally Posted by Icey View Post
    Do the judges have a separate computer so they can quickly determine what pcs to give a skater so they can force the ranking to be what they want.
    Yes, they probably have another person sitting at a computer who edits the score before displayed on the board :D

Custom Title
    How much time?

Rinkside
    Does someone have a link where I can watch this event in the U.S.?

Page 8 of 124 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 58 108 ... LastLast