2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

flaneur

On the Ice
I'm sorry but I always lol a little inside after Maxim's freak falls/accidents. I don't wish him ill and I certainly would not want him to ever be hurt, but he is such a drama king that I can't help but find it slightly humorous.

Haha. Which reminds me of something Kurt Browning once said... that with V/T, the diva is Maxim (which I think is kind of hilarious and awesome)

roots

Rinkside
Protocols are up and D/B did get a downgrade on the SBS 3S, too bad, that made the difference. Maybe that's why they took so long for their marks. Did not see the under-rotation of that jump.

Protocols are up and D/B did get a downgrade on the SBS 3S, too bad, that made the difference. Maybe that's why they took so long for their marks. Did not see the under-rotation of that jump.

Radford was over the toe and had poor flow out on his 3salchow. So it was the underrotation which caused that.

samson

Medalist
Congrats to V/T on winning! D/R should have silver and MTT/M should be bronze but both teams should ALSO be really proud of how they skated and the fact that they did achieve such high placements. So deserved.

S/S... not my favorite. Their quality is so strong and they hit the 3axel, but honestly who cares when they double the jumps and just look bored on the ice. I was VERY bored.

Also very proud of Scimeca and Knierim and their 9th place finish. Glad they could at least ensure two spots for team USA next year. They have tons of potential, and hopefully they'll stay together and stay healthy at least through 2018 (but I won't hold my breath!).

artsciboy

On the Ice
M-T/M got the second highest TES of the afternoon.

It was so weird with S/S. Throughout their whole FS, they looked like they have given up. Didn't even present the program properly. And then BAM! they go for the throw 3axel.

I really think M-T/M got lowballed on the PCS for skating so early. They really were the best Canadian pair this competition.

fairly4

Medalist
Great job V/T, congrats on winning your 1st world title. Congrats to S/S for 2nd. Congrats fo D/R for coming 3rd. To all teams for doing what yyoyou could today.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
The order I would have had the top 5 is V/T, D/R, M/M, S/S, P/T. If K/S had skated that free skate cleanly, likely I'd have them in 3rd or 4th place. S/S judging was a travesty. Love the audience booing, the crowd isn't stupid and knows when they've seen a held-up, overscored mess.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Meaghan is positively beaming on the podium! I hope they can ignore all the politics and "wuzrobbing" and just focus on enjoying the moment and building towards Sochi.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I love Aliona and Robin, but this is so sad...I don't even know how to put it. The program sucked, but they managed that 3 A in the end. Did that make up for all the other mistakes? The score was huge! That's not the skaters fault, it's the judging system that should explain their short comings!

Yeah, I hope getting on the podium tastes sweet to everyone who gets to do that in this competition. And how nice to see the first medals of the event having been won! Now I can be anxious about one less group.

I am not disputing V/T's victory at all because they were clearly the best of the evening but mindless auto-pilot judging just makes me furious.

V/T have really run out of steam at the end and their two final lifts were a little bit weak, not as strong as they are capable of anyway. Yet they got +2s and +3s.

Their pair change combination spin at the end was really slow. But +2s for that also.

V/T are in Virtue/Moir and Davis/White territory now. Whatever they do, whatever program they skate, it will be a shower of +2s and +3s and 9s.

As far as Savchenko/Szolkowy are concerned, they got almost exclusively +2s for a triple twist with a big crash and only -1s for a double footed throw 3axel which did not have a strong landing in the first place. Blind judges are blind.

What cost Duhamel/Radford the silver was not only Radford's underrotations on the jump combination, they also failed on the levels. Lifts and death spiral were Lv3, twist was Lv2.

Kinga

Medalist
I still cannot get over S/S silver. They should have ended up in 4th place. She doubled 3 sbs jumps, he fell on one. The last lift was messy too. It was gutsy to go for 3A, but that element does not even out the other mistakes (plus it was 2-footed). And the whole program was really uninspiring compared to what they have done in the past.

I would have:
V/T
D/R
MT-M/M

The judging was a travesty.... V/T score, S/S score, Zhang and partner beating Berton/Hotarek on PCS, M-T/M underscored. Who knows how many other details have I missed. Have to check protocols.

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Great skating by V/T, after S/S scores I won't dare to complain the 149 score.
Aliona might not be recovered from her illness/injury. But she was fierce landing that 3A, that was great. I don't think they deserved to be on the podium today though

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
Biggest pleasures for me: S/K coming up this season under radar and ending up inside the Top 10 at Worlds. Also James/Cipres---moving up from 16th last year to 8th this year. Nice to see a strong French pairs team again. And my sentimental favorites Pang/Tong respectably finishing 4th again--no podium but they should be proud of their career.

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
Hehe, Meagan looks like the happiest skater on the podium. Seems that's pretty common with bronze medalists getting their first world medal.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
Hehe, Meagan looks like the happiest skater on the podium. Seems that's pretty common with bronze medalists getting their first world medal.

I think Jerry Seinfeld has a stand-up bit on that. He says that the silver medallist knows they're the best "loser" but the bronze medallist is just happy to be there. Or something like that.

sapphiresky

Rinkside
After watching the live stream...I absolutely loved V/T's performance...so gorgeous. The speed, the flow, the grace...everything was great! (Even the interview by Jeff at the end was so cute lol).

Even though I'm Canadian, I agree with the placement of S/S...D/R had some sloppy endings and they just don't have the finish that S/S do yet. But still a big congrats to them for a Bronze medal!

Congrats to the podium winners! What an exciting competition!:clap:

So at Olympics we will see:

Canada - 3
Russia - 3
China - 2
Germany - 2
France - 2
Italy - 2
USA - 2

No spot for Kemp/King, they will have to go to Nebelhorn.