2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 2 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Nicole DELLA MONICA / Matteo GUARISE (ITA)

Music: The Phantom of the Opera by Andrew Lloyd Webber

3S - she is forward, he does 1S+2T (credit 1S)
3Tw
3LoTh - almost hand down
FiDs
FCCoSp - far apart, unison bit off
2A - she stepout, hand down, perhaps UR
Li
ChSq
2STh - look slightly twofooted
Li
Li - bit wild on the footwork
PCoSp

Some big mistakes: both sbs jumps and doubled throw. They do seem okay with their skate, giving high five.

FS: 45.24 + 42.97 = 88.21
Tot: 136.03, in 2nd (out of 3)

Oh the irony of my paid feed getting broken during an event after all of my posts. :p

Watching on LTV now as well.

Oh the irony of my paid feed getting broken during an event after all of my posts. :p

Watching on LTV now as well.

Oh, no, Ziggy! We count on your getting to observe every moment, so you can do your report. Fingers crossed that you have no more interruptions.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Stacey KEMP / David KING (GBR)

Music: Pomp and Circumstance by Edward Elgar

3Tw - low, crashy catch
3T - he falls, she doubles (credit 2T + fall)
3FTh - tilted, stepout
StSq
2A+2T+SEQ - she stepouts on 2A, singles 2T (credit 2A<<+SEQ ?)
FiDs
FCCoSp
Li
PCoSp
3LoTh
Li
Li

Weak on sbs jumps as expected, plus some other mistakes. Some lifts seemed wild in execution.

FS: 43.32 + 42.64 - 1.00 = 84.96
Tot: 133.56 (SB), in 3rd (out of 4)

Mirunna

Record Breaker
Besides the American couple this first group was bad. Hope the skating gets better.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
I like watching the lower-ranked teams a lot of the time but other times it can be scary with those falls. And I thought King was going to drop Kemp a few times during the lifts. I liked the music and costumes and would love to have seen this program really sold.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
I just hope teh second group is a bit better than the first, because it started well but then all the others had meltdowns... However, the Italians will end up in 14, one place better than the SP!

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Wow, huge lead for Castelli and Shnapir, but the other three teams skated pretty badly. I'm surprised C/S's score was so far off their SB, though.

Kemp/King's lifts actually looked better than in the past. ;)

Oh, no, Ziggy! We count on your getting to observe every moment, so you can do your report. Fingers crossed that you have no more interruptions.

I'm not happy. Missed the first three teams. But no worries, I'll either find YT videos or watch it later on demand on TVTeka. I tried to rewind but the video isn't working atm. Whenever something goes wrong, they do add the missing bits later though.

KKonas

Medalist
Sigh.Whoever thought C/S should dance a tango should be tested for delusions. I know people complained about Davis and White's tango, but compared to this, it was Sex On Ice. Zero passion, almost no relating. He's got as much personality as a lawn chair. She's got some real charm but I think they're totally a mismatched pair.

Sigh. I have to agree. I have always thought that he looked like a lumberjack on ice. He's big and strong, and that's about it.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
Sigh.Whoever thought C/S should dance a tango should be tested for delusions. I know people complained about Davis and White's tango, but compared to this, it was Sex On Ice. Zero passion, almost no relating. He's got as much personality as a lawn chair. She's got some real charm but I think they're totally a mismatched pair.

Maybe the ice was too cold.