2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

tulosai

Record Breaker
I don't understand why C/S didn't go for any big tricks. This might be their only trip to big event. With 2 hungry young teams behind them and with D/C coming back, they will be out cold. C/S had nothing to lose and they went for 2A and 3Sal? Really? I'm disappointed in them, in all of the talk about 3As and 4Sal. Goodness. They are done.

I think they assumed after this they'd come out the US's definitive number 2 team. They didn't realize (foolishly IMO) that S/K might very well beat them and so played it safe.

It is worth noting there was a HUGE PCS gap between S/K and C/S, and not in C/S's favor.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
What the hell is wrong with the Chinese Fedaration?!!

Do they want both Sui and Tong to suffer permanent health damage just so they can earn Olympic spots?!!

In a word: YES :( It was painfully obvious Sui is not recovered

The worst part is that three spots werent never a real possibility. So they are damaging themselves for nothing. At least with only two spots for Sochi I hope they can let Pang & Tong deservedly retire.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I think S/K have already passed up C/S. Might be to early but this team can only get better.

I would send Scimeca/Knierim to Canada to Gauthier's team. Choreography from Julie Marcotte. :)

The worst part is that three spots werent never a real possibility. So they are damaging themselves for nothing.

And this makes it even more :mad: :rolleye:.

Did they really believe Pang/Tong would medal and one of the other teams would place top 10? Given their current health? Seriously...

micnow

Rinkside
I read on another forum S/S are going for the 3A today, if anyone can confirm it I would really appreciate!

Ingo Steuer announced in the German Television live stream, that Aljona will decide during the free program, if the want to risk the Th3A as the very last element in their program!

lavender

Record Breaker
And better, more complex choreography. They look like they could handle it. Best American pair I've seen in ages, which of course means they are probably breaking up right as I type this. LOL!

:laugh:so hilarious and true unfortunately. That's what I expect now.

bigsisjiejie

Record Breaker
I'd like to see Pang/Tong do well enough to make the podium again, though I have little hope of that. Just want to see them do a good clean performance so if this ends up being their final eligible skating competition, it will be a high note.

FSGMT

Record Breaker
Stefania is saying that they really enjoyed the competition, but she's really angry because of the 2S, because she said that in training it is a lot better than last year...

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
One day they are going to wheel out Pang and Tong out in walkers. It's about time they retire.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Technically they are promising but I think that S/C have a lot of work to do on the presentation and the overall polish. I am underwhelmed.

You are expecting entirely too much from a team who haven't been together even a full year.

FlattFan

Match Penalty
I think they assumed after this they'd come out the US's definitive number 2 team. They didn't realize (foolishly IMO) that S/K might very well beat them and so played it safe.

It is worth noting there was a HUGE PCS gap between S/K and C/S, and not in C/S's favor.

The US Fed is a fair weather bunch. C/S is done done done.

mskater93

Record Breaker
OK, so theoretically, if S/K left Sappenfield, what coach would be best for them to get them to the next level? I'm racking my brains. The Florida bunch? Johnny Johns in Michigan? Someone in So Cal?

I'd like to see them with the Southwest Florida coaches (Lyndon Johnston, and co over John and Sylvia). Having just seen this coaching team in action down in Ellenton last weekend at Eastern Adult Sectionals and having skated with Alexa when she was still doing singles, I think it would be a great fit if Chris's temperament is like Alexa's at all. Also, the SWFFSC coaches are in the process of rebuilding with one Senior team and some developmental teams, so it could be a great fit for them. Also, with John and Sylvia having D/F, I just don't think it would work. And besides, Delilah will focus on D/C...

lavender

Record Breaker
This will probably be it for Marissa and Simon especially coming in behind the supposed number 2.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Kirsten MOORE-TOWERS / Dylan MOSCOVITCH (CAN)

Music: Queen Medley

3Tw
3T+3T+SEQ
3S - she held on
ChSq
FiDs
PCoSp
Li
3STh - skid landing, perhaps twofooted
3LoTh
Li
FCCoSp - fast, unison ok