2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

artsciboy

On the Ice
I also prefer MT/M to D/R - some of the big tricks that D/R do just seem so awkward. But points-wise, I respect what D/R are doing and should they win a medal, I'd be a proud Canadian.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
that being said Canada has just won one medal at least in pairs. I can't see K and S being able to garner enough points to beat these two teams.

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
I also prefer MT/M to D/R - some of the big tricks that D/R do just seem so awkward. But points-wise, I respect what D/R are doing and should they win a medal, I'd be a proud Canadian.

I also prefer M-T/M's performance but D/R outskated the competition elements-wise and deserve a medal. The hardest jump content ever performed at Worlds

Germans are imploding now...

samson

Medalist
Hmmmmm so far the Germans feel rather lackluster to me. I wasn't a fan of Pina last year but at least they were committed to that. This routine....

CanadianSkaterGuy

Record Breaker
M-T/M should be well ahead of the Germans in the FS with the errors... but I imagine the Germans will be held up on PCS to continue to be ahead of them. Door is wide open for V/T to win now.

sequinsgalore

Record Breaker
Aliona SAVCHENKO / Robin SZOLKOWY (GER)

Music: Flamenco Bolero by Gustavo Montesano

3FTh - very big!
3T+3T+SEQ - she only does 2T+2T+SEQ
FiDs
FCCoSp - unison good
ChSq
3Tw
3S - he falls, she doubles (credit: 2S and fall)
Li
Li
PCoSp
Li
3ATh - wow, low but landed. Twofooted and hand down

Far from their best, big mistakes on the sbs jumps. They did throw triple axel, though!

FS: 64.18 + 68.91 - 1.00 = 132.09
Tot: 205.56, in 1st (out of 14)

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Every team and skater goes through a rough year. Maybe its good that S/S have there's a year before the Olympics unlike last time when they struggled the year of the Olympics.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I would have s and s in fourth in the free; maybe even fifth but the judges won't do that to them. Really disappointing blah skating I think the 3A was just to scare the other teams. I hate when it is mind games.

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
Definitely not the best from S/S. I wonder where this will place. I honestly don't know, especially since they threw in the landed 3A at the end.