2013 worlds pairs FS | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2013 worlds pairs FS

demarinis5

Gold for the Winter Prince!
Record Breaker
So I guess it is just me and the judges that liked S&S program. Being in the minority never bothered me.

Art&Sport

Medalist
OMG, I'm so glad Yuko didn't get hurt. That was unexpected the problem on that last lift. My heart is always in my throat with pairs lifts!

I used to absolutely detest K/S but they have improved and both of their programs were elegant and skated beautifully here. Such a shame about that stupid mistake on the lift. They were skating so well until then... :(

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Oh my....What in the world. The world has come to an end. S quared I love the fight but they were flat tonight. Lots of problems. I know they can't get marked down for time and time again used transitions but even with the 3A how in the world did they beat the two Canadian teams???? This is worse than anything I have seen. At least with SLC if you were objective and remember the rules - artistry was the tie breaker one could see how subjectively how B and S could win but technically and artistically how could the Germans win or win silver over the Canadians. To sky fly and all so much for home town favouritism Yikes. It's a scandal. it's an outrage it is a black mark upon COP. I agree go V and T or even K and S, justice must be done and sorry, Squared do not imho deserve to be ahead of the Canadians.

Fruit Loops

On the Ice
well at least that should silence the home-town-score-cooking crowd?

No kidding. I usually don't get too mad over scoring but the Germans being in 1st is just :confused:. That was awful. I could have handled them in 2nd but would have wanted to see them at least 3rd in the freeskate.

And :eek: at that almost fall during the lift. Glad he saved it!

Rachmaninoff

Final Flight
I quite like S&S and would have been happy to see them win this if it was deserved, but what the hell. Let them win; we could use some uproar about this scoring system. I know there's never going to be complete agreement, but I'm dead tired of seeing crap like this.

On the bright side, D&R won a medal, though, and 3 teams for Canada at Olympics.

lavender

Record Breaker
So I guess it is just me and the judges that liked S&S program. Being in the minority never bothered me.

I love S/S and I'm in the minority because I'm not bothered by their score. Haven't they scored that with a flaw skate like that before? I don't like their program though. I only like Torvill and Dean doing Bolero. It always look off on everyone else. I didn't even like when my ultimate Michelle did it but so far only Carolina has pulled is pulling it off.

LeReveur

On the Ice
I didn't see the last few seconds of S/S's program, but their PCS above D/R and TES behind D/R make sense. I think I'm starting to understand this scoring system more and more. It's easy to see a blatant shortcoming like the doubling of a jump but for me at least, it's also easy to see things like a pair not move that well to music, not have extension, etc.

Jammers

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
No scoring system will fix this sport. The judges will always have their favorites no matter what.